• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Confidence In Sam Howell (Checking the board's perspective)

How confident are you in Sam Howell as our starter in 2023?

• I'm confident as hell... He will be a top ten QB.

• I'm not so sure, He'll be a mid-level QB

• The QB position is still unclear, and the team must continue to seek upgrades. He'll be a bottom 3rd

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had debates and a one-game preview on Sam Howell and until we can gauge him via on-field production it's all speculative, so let's speculate!!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d go something else on this one too. I’m interested

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I confident in my assertion that I dont know anything teally about what kind of qb SH is going to be.

Is that an option? Otherwise, potato salad.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me at "unclear" and "upgrade" but bottom 3rd? Nah, middle of pack more likely. If Hooker and or Richardson is there in round 2 I'm taking either of them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we fix the oline, he should be ok. The guy has talent.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t select your choices. SH is who I wanted in that draft at QB. I couldn’t believe he fell to the fifth. I still expect him to be the best QB in the bunch But it may take time and patience. That being said, I expect him to be a game manager this season. He will be an upgrade to the offense over TH and deans boy the garbage man. If given the full season, I would expect about 3500 yards, 20 TDS, and 10 picks….200 yards rushing.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we fix the oline, he should be ok. The guy has talent.
Dean is right on this.... do we need a total fix idk. I say 1 good Oliman free agent and first 1 round draft pick is good enough

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean is right on this.... do we need a total fix idk. I say 1 good Oliman free agent and first 1 round draft pick is good enough
I don't think some of you are not watching the games. The guard play was the worst in the nfl. Also, our center is a walking injury. Right tackle play was below average.

The same people claiming the Oline betrayed wentz now think 2 olineman are needed? We can't get 5 new starters but 2 will not do enough to move the needle.

Dean is wrong on most everything. We simply don't know what howell will do. He only has 20 professional passes and we don't know how EB will taylor the offense to howell. An OLine will certainly help, but there are alot more factors here as well. For all we know, we will sign carr or trade for fields.

Dean also said Turner's offense would be good and that wentz was our long term answer. I wouldn't pay alot of attention to what his opinion on our Qb situation period.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about SH but he has potential . Depends on how gathers and processes information . He has the physical tools

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about SH but he has potential . Depends on how gathers and processes information . He has the physical tools
I still don't know that howell will be our 2023 starter. We will see.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't know that howell will be our 2023 starter. We will see.
I don’t see us getting a major player in FA at at qb or any “name “ guys because of the sale

we will be hunting bargain basement guys

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see us getting a major player in FA at at qb or any “name “ guys because of the sale

we will be hunting bargain basement guys
This makes sense and is why expectations should be tempered.

EB isn't going to take us to the super bowl and we aren't going to win 11 or 12 games as Dean will have us believe. I am sure his yearly predictions will have us winning 13 games and howell going to the pro bowl.

I agree with you on the free agent approach. I respect your opinion and not making any back handed comment, but that is one the reasons I am against tagging Payne if he doesn't want to be here, and taking a cb in round 1. We need to throw as much help at the oline as possible.

With a fixed budget, we will have to prioritize what to address. We can't continue to kick the oline down the road or we will be in the same spot we were this year. Again, not looking to rehatch the Payne issue as I see that point of view.

I don't think Rivera believes oline is a major problem based off his decisions from last year. At some point, someone will have to address the oline and get some talent here or nothing will change.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EB isn't going to take us to the super bowl and we aren't going to win 11 or 12 games as Dean will have us believe. I am sure his yearly predictions will have us winning 13 games and howell going to the pro bowl.

I agree with you on the free agent approach. I respect your opinion and not making any back handed comment, but that is one the reasons I am against tagging Payne if he doesn't want to be here, and taking a cb in round 1. We need to throw as much help at the oline as possible.

With a fixed budget, we will have to prioritize what to address. We can't continue to kick the oline down the road or we will be in the same spot we were this year. Again, not looking to rehatch the Payne issue as I see that point of view.

I don't think Rivera believes oline is a major problem based off his decisions from last year. At some point, someone will have to address the oline and get some talent here or nothing will change.
Look your viewpoint is valid I just feel like you need to know about Mathis before you let PB players go

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look your viewpoint is valid I just feel like you need to know about Mathis before you let PB players go
Understood and agreed.

I wish we had more cap space and draft picks my friend.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a lot of ACC football. Couldn’t believe the Bears took Trubinsky over D Watson.

Howell was supposed to go to FSU and flipped to UNC. Plenty of talent there. You need a good OC or QB coach for sure but at his salary I would be tempted when you see what QBs are getting these days.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"we aren't going to win 11 or 12 games" its early...but is that totally out of the question?
We should've been the Titans, Giants, Vikings, and Browns, and we should've lost to the Jags.
Double digit wins were in our grasp, despite the dysfunction.
The run game was up the gut, no changes or surprises.
The passing game had its successes, only to never incorporate those play on a regular basis.
If a new offense could just be slightly more effective, in theory we could surpass 8 wins and 1 tie

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we aren't going to win 11 or 12 games" its early...but is that totally out of the question?
We should've been the Titans, Giants, Vikings, and Browns, and we should've lost to the Jags.
Double digit wins were in our grasp, despite the dysfunction.
The run game was up the gut, no changes or surprises.
The passing game had its successes, only to never incorporate those play on a regular basis.
If a new offense could just be slightly more effective, in theory we could surpass 8 wins and 1 tie

we aren't going to win 11 or 12 games" its early...but is that totally out of the question? In our division and with the numerous question marks, in short, yes.
We should've been the Titans, Giants, Vikings, and Browns, and we should've lost to the Jags. Agree to disagree. The Browns manhandled us, the Giants should have swept us. and the Vikings played a terrible game. We should have beaten the Titans for sure, but should have lost to the Falcons.
Double digit wins were in our grasp, despite the dysfunction. Agree to disagree.
The run game was up the gut, no changes or surprises. Well, that is Scott Turner for you.
The passing game had its successes, only to never incorporate those play on a regular basis. Agreed.
If a new offense could just be slightly more effective, in theory we could surpass 8 wins and 1 tie. Depends on Howell to be honest. We still play in the best division in football arguably, and we literally had the "easiest" schedule in the entire NFL. I don't see the Eagles, Giants, or Cowboys getting worse, as such, how will we surpass any of them? Keep in mind, Rivera has NOT had a winning season in 5 years now.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we aren't going to win 11 or 12 games" its early...but is that totally out of the question? In our division and with the numerous question marks, in short, yes.
We should've been the Titans, Giants, Vikings, and Browns, and we should've lost to the Jags. Agree to disagree. The Browns manhandled us, the Giants should have swept us. and the Vikings played a terrible game. We should have beaten the Titans for sure, but should have lost to the Falcons.
Double digit wins were in our grasp, despite the dysfunction. Agree to disagree.
The run game was up the gut, no changes or surprises. Well, that is Scott Turner for you.
The passing game had its successes, only to never incorporate those play on a regular basis. Agreed.
If a new offense could just be slightly more effective, in theory we could surpass 8 wins and 1 tie. Depends on Howell to be honest. We still play in the best division in football arguably, and we literally had the "easiest" schedule in the entire NFL. I don't see the Eagles, Giants, or Cowboys getting worse, as such, how will we surpass any of them? Keep in mind, Rivera has NOT had a winning season in 5 years now.

surpassing them is a question for an entirely different thread, although injuries, misfortune and poor referring -- could be an answer to that question.

I do believe double digit wins or "11" wins is very possible....for instance, you say we should have lost to the Falcons, and the Vikings played a terrible
but what about the credit for beating the Eagles? Since the outcome has to be decided on the field and not on paper, i believe we have a shot at 11 or 12 wins.

Landing a new owner would strengthen my stance on this as well. Now, for clarity....i didn't say we WILL win 11 or 12, i didn't put my check on it.
But the execution was so poor on offense, i believe EB will make better use of our weapons and that will mean wins in games where the scoring is close. I agree with you, a lot of this will depend on Howell