• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference officials

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the Texas - Iowa ST game last night, The NCAA has GOT to do something about game officials who are employees of the leagues. I have seen so many games over the past few years where there were BLATANT calls made (or not made) to favor the team that would enhance (or preserve) the leagues stature. BE officials screwed WVU against Cinci a few years ago, ACC officials screwed Marshall against VPI two weeks ago, B11 officials ALWAYS favor OSU. I am thinking that the officials should be NCAA employees and the leagues pay to reimburse the NCAA for the cost. That was an OBVIOUS fumble recovered by IA ST last night, yet the officials GAVE the game to Texas...........

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the Texas - Iowa ST game last night, The NCAA has GOT to do something about game officials who are employees of the leagues. I have seen so many games over the past few years where there were BLATANT calls made (or not made) to favor the team that would enhance (or preserve) the leagues stature. BE officials screwed WVU against Cinci a few years ago, ACC officials screwed Marshall against VPI two weeks ago, B11 officials ALWAYS favor OSU. I am thinking that the officials should be NCAA employees and the leagues pay to reimburse the NCAA for the cost. That was an OBVIOUS fumble recovered by IA ST last night, yet the officials GAVE the game to Texas...........

I guess you talking about the one on the goal line....I agree it was a fumble, but that old thing of saying the play was dead came in....I don't understand on those why it takes them so long to low the whistle? happen to WVU in the Ok St game, you would think they would be quicker about it since player safety is such a focus. I was rooting for Texas so I didn't care. Lol There were some other bad calls in that game as well, I think that might just have been a overall bad crew.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you talking about the one on the goal line....I agree it was a fumble, but that old thing of saying the play was dead came in....I don't understand on those why it takes them so long to low the whistle? happen to WVU in the Ok St game, you would think they would be quicker about it since player safety is such a focus. I was rooting for Texas so I didn't care. Lol There were some other bad calls in that game as well, I think that might just have been a overall bad crew.
YEA, the one right at the end on the goal line, replay was supposed to correct bad calls, yet time and again I see CLEAR VIDEO EVIDENCE on the replays on TV, the SAME that the officials look at, YET they make the call favoring the more prestigious team...............

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this rant was longer than the link I provided..

I think the real issue is the refs not blowing it dead soon enough, on this play it was obvious he had been stopped..or IMO. It was a good game.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure, I do not think Iowa St is a walkover this year, thought they played us pretty good last year. Big 12 is tough this year, we keep it together though I think our D could set us up nicely....not sure anyone in this conf hits like us, or I have yet to see it in the games I have watched.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this rant was longer than the link I provided..

I think the real issue is the refs not blowing it dead soon enough, on this play it was obvious he had been stopped..or IMO. It was a good game.
Even though it was recorded as a Texas win, the game will be more ammo against Brown by the Texas fanbase.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it was recorded as a Texas win, the game will be more ammo against Brown by the Texas fanbase.

Unless he wins the rest of them...lol

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he wins the rest of them...lol
I think the writing is on the wall, DC, they are getting a new AD, and their fanbase has grown tired of him. He has retooled his staff several times in the past few years and still has stagnated. They think they should win the league EVERY year and be voted Miss America every third year!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your probably right but with right wins you never know..for him he would probably have to win the conf and BCS

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't help but think of the Orange Bowl td we had vs Clemson. A crap call right there and who knows? The worst ones IMO are the PAC12 crews, horrible on several occasions and again last night in the UCLA/Utah game at the end giving Utah the ball on an onside kick where the kid was on his back with the ball in hands when Utah kid strips and recovers. They review its pretty clear he has the ball while down buuut Utah ball. It didn't matter UCLA picked them off but seems like every time I watch a game with PAC crews ( if I remember correctly the pinstripe crew was PAC and there was a phantom hold call on a TD run) there is at least one issue where the refs effect the game.

The bad calls are happening all over in every conference seems like more and more now though.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't help but think of the Orange Bowl td we had vs Clemson. A crap call right there and who knows? The worst ones IMO are the PAC12 crews, horrible on several occasions and again last night in the UCLA/Utah game at the end giving Utah the ball on an onside kick where the kid was on his back with the ball in hands when Utah kid strips and recovers. They review its pretty clear he has the ball while down buuut Utah ball. It didn't matter UCLA picked them off but seems like every time I watch a game with PAC crews ( if I remember correctly the pinstripe crew was PAC and there was a phantom hold call on a TD run) there is at least one issue where the refs effect the game.

The bad calls are happening all over in every conference seems like more and more now though.

Bad calls on the field are to be expected at times, BUT that is why they put the replay official on, and when they go directly against what can be clearly seen on the TV it is BS, and I think they are putting the prestige of the league ahead of calling an even game. There is a conflict of interest in the officials working for the leagues. NFL officials are working for the NFL, NOT for the AFC East!!!!