• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference championship playoff scenario

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is so bad I've been reduced to looking for a screwed up final four scenario. I'm now rooting for Florida, Va Tech, Penn State and Colorado to win this weekend. That could end up with zero conference champions in the playoff. There is no way Bama gets left out. Same with Ohio State. Maybe even Clemson. In any event, I would love to put an end to the philosophy that conference championships are important.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is so bad I've been reduced to looking for a screwed up final four scenario. I'm now rooting for Florida, Va Tech, Penn State and Colorado to win this weekend. That could end up with zero conference champions in the playoff. There is no way Bama gets left out. Same with Ohio State. Maybe even Clemson. In any event, I would love to put an end to the philosophy that conference championships are important.
Idk I could see Clemson being left out if they lose against VT. But you never know.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a dream scenario. It would expose the conference championship games for what they are, craven money grabs.

I really hate that you could be in the stronger division, be undefeated and dominate your opponents, and then lose to a conference team in the other division that maybe scraped into the game with a couple of losses, and then the second place team can leapfrog you. They didn't earn a spot to the championship game, but then they're somehow going to benefit from your loss in it?

The all-or-nothing approach the playoffs now has me pining for the old bowl system (even before the BCS), because at least EVERY one of those NYD games meant something and could determine the national champion.

If we're going to go whole hog on playoffs, need more than 4. I think 8 tops.