• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concerns you have about Off & Def

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your concerns about the

Offense:

&

Defense:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: 1) Kirk repeating what he did last season 2) Who plays Center

&

Defense: NT

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no real concerns about the offense, except for health. If we are healthy, we will score at least 25 PPG. Sure we don't have much of a run game but the league is set up for the pass.

As for defense, can we stop the run? But of course, this is a passing league, so if I have a worry, I am glad my concern is the run.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Matt Jones. Can he stay healthy, and even if healthy... is 3.4 yards per carry REALLY all we need.

Defense..... I have no concerns....

OK yea I couldnt even type that without hesitation. Basically if the D-line is as pedestrian as I expect... We might just break the all time record for yards given up to opposing RBs.

Aside from that though.... will Fuller be healthy enough to contribute.

Bout it

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run. Both sides. Can we mount any feasible running attack to take pressure off of KC and can we stop others from running?

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main concern is the running game. Matt Jones has shown flashes, but has also shown he's prone to fumbling and injuries. After him there's not much. Keith Marshall might be the most important 7th rounder the Skins have drafted in a while. But even he doesn't profile as an every down RB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense

Mainly just health Think KC and Jones answer the bell and play well

Defense

Tackling Tackling and uh tackling in that order if we tackle well our run defense will be fine

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does the offence players suport hilliary clinton if so i can not watch them .. same for the defense

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest there are a lot of potential concerns, most have already been addressed. But it all starts with Kirk who has all of 1/2 season as a really good QB. Is he for real or is he Mark Rypien? Next is the run game, both ways. What have they done exactly this offseason to improve that? Replaced an ineffective NT with no NT, no real improvement on the OL and of course the departure of Alfred. Jones appeared to cure his fumbling with ball placement but as Shark said 3.4 YPC does not lie.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so worried about the NT or even the center position. There are things they can do. I believe they have improved the defensive secondary.

Run game on both sides of the ball and Cousins having a another good season are keys to the season. Leaving out injuries of course but that can be said every year.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: Ability to run the ball. Did not address OL needs.

Defense: Ability to stop the run. Did not address DL needs.

Probability: We struggle in both areas which affect other areas resulting in a .500 record.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so worried about the NT or even the center position. There are things they can do. I believe they have improved the defensive secondary.

Run game on both sides of the ball and Cousins having a another good season are keys to the season. Leaving out injuries of course but that can be said every year.
this

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 2015 was just another illusion like 2012 or 2005.

Until the Redskins string together two successful seasons. I can't or won't get fully behind them.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense, my concern is our running game. Matt Jones showed flashes, last year. However, he averaged 3.4ypc. He fell too much in love with scooting to the outside, rather than hitting the holes. Not to mention, the fumbles and injuries. Chris Thompson is injury-prone and can't carry the load. The same goes for Keith Marshall, though I'm really rooting for him.

I'm not overly concerned about defense. I will say that our run-defense might be suspect with Chris Baker, Stephen Paea, and Kendall Reyes. Matt Ionnidis intrigues me. We'll see.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 2015 was just another illusion like 2012 or 2005.

Until the Redskins string together two successful seasons. I can't or won't get fully behind them.

Umm a true fan doesn't just get behind their team when they are doing well but when they are struggling and you show your support. That separates the true fans from the just Sunday fans. I am not saying you are not a true fan of the Redskins, I am saying you should support your team no matter what.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense, my concern is our running game. Matt Jones showed flashes, last year. However, he averaged 3.4ypc. He fell too much in love with scooting to the outside, rather than hitting the holes. Not to mention, the fumbles and injuries. Chris Thompson is injury-prone and can't carry the load. The same goes for Keith Marshall, though I'm really rooting for him.

I'm not overly concerned about defense. I will say that our run-defense might be suspect with Chris Baker, Stephen Paea, and Kendall Reyes. Matt Ionnidis intrigues me. We'll see.

Should we all be concerned about Baker not wanting to play NT. I am still shocked that with this years stacked DT talent in the draft that we waited till round 5 to take one. Yes lots of D-Lineman mocked to us were taken right before we picked so Scot took who he thought was BPA. I am concerned like most of us of our injury prone RB's and no proven stud DT.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm a true fan doesn't just get behind their team when they are doing well but when they are struggling and you show your support. That separates the true fans from the just Sunday fans. I am not saying you are not a true fan of the Redskins, I am saying you should support your team no matter what.

For 43+ years, homey. For 43+ years. I've come to believe being a Redskins fan is hardwired into my DNA. What I mean by getting behind the Skins is. I'm not convinced yet that they've turned a corner to becoming a good team just because we finally have what appears to be a competent FO. I'm still not convinced they won't or can't end up in the NFC East cellar in 2016. I want to see 2 consecutive years or improvement before I get on-board the "The Redskins are a good team again" train. That doesn't mean I'm any less a Redskins fan.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 43+ years, homey. For 43+ years. I've come to believe being a Redskins fan is hardwired into my DNA. What I mean by getting behind the Skins is. I'm not convinced yet that they've turned a corner to becoming a good team just because we finally have what appears to be a competent FO. I'm still not convinced they won't or can't end up in the NFC East cellar in 2016. I want to see 2 consecutive years or improvement before I get on-board the "The Redskins are a good team again" train. That doesn't mean I'm any less a Redskins fan.

Your wording "I can't or won't get fully behind them" sounded badly. In posts you can't tell tone and you go by what is written. Once again I am not saying you aren't a true fan but saying you should allows be behind your team. Which for 43 years you have. To use your words I will not fully get behind Snyder but I will however carry Scot on my shoulders because I love the direction he is taking us. It's going to take 2-3 more years of his drafting for our team to be the best in NFC East and legimidate playoff team. This year we addressed WR and secondary and next year I hope we get our front lines shored up. Really hope KC isn't a one hit wonder and that we can sign him to a long term contract. However I do worry about him doing well then goes to another team in free agency. We are playing a risky game with a potential franchise QB we have been missing for many many years now. HTTR!!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we all be concerned about Baker not wanting to play NT. I am still shocked that with this years stacked DT talent in the draft that we waited till round 5 to take one. Yes lots of D-Lineman mocked to us were taken right before we picked so Scot took who he thought was BPA. I am concerned like most of us of our injury prone RB's and no proven stud DT.

On the surface, Baker's comments should worry us but I don't think it was meant in the manner stated.

I am not so surprised about us waiting on DL as I am about how overrated this DL class was. Like 70% of the DL that we thought were sure first rounders fell to the second or much later. And most of those guys were early to mid first rounders. I seriously don't think there was a stud DE available for us.