• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe , @Barilko

How 'bout them classy Flyers fans! Throwing the Snyder bracelets on the ice in a booing frenzy. Way to dedicate to your late founder/chairman, fools.

Especially since it was Philly's dirty hit that started it all.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right up there with my local Cardinals fans.

Not sure if it is legit or just media pandering, but dropping N bombs at Jason Hayward last night?
for fukks sake, have a little bit of dignity.
Again, the NY Daily News put up some extremely sloppy journalism to "break" this story, but I have yet to see/hear anything myself. They filled their article with twitter screen shots and a clip of crowd noise where I failed to hear anything but crowd noise, nothing specifically toward Hayward.

Probably just losers wanting to create an issue where there isn't one, but that doesn't excuse the Midwest for being filled with backward thinking bigots. Was it said? I'd say yes. Loud enough to be caught distinctly on a crowd mic? I doubt it, but wouldn't be shocked. Technology is advancing at alarming rates.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right up there with my local Cardinals fans.

Not sure if it is legit or just media pandering, but dropping N bombs at Jason Hayward last night?
for fukks sake, have a little bit of dignity.
Again, the NY Daily News put up some extremely sloppy journalism to "break" this story, but I have yet to see/hear anything myself. They filled their article with twitter screen shots and a clip of crowd noise where I failed to hear anything but crowd noise, nothing specifically toward Hayward.

Probably just losers wanting to create an issue where there isn't one, but that doesn't excuse the Midwest for being filled with backward thinking bigots. Was it said? I'd say yes. Loud enough to be caught distinctly on a crowd mic? I doubt it, but wouldn't be shocked. Technology is advancing at alarming rates.

Incredible. Probably stayed home on April 15th too.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe , @Barilko

How 'bout them classy Flyers fans! Throwing the Snyder bracelets on the ice in a booing frenzy. Way to dedicate to your late founder/chairman, fools.

Sure was ugly

Well you know those Philly Fans
When a ballgame gets rained out they hop on a charter and head to the airport to boo bad landings

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't see it. Was watching Dallas-Minny.
Doesn't surprise me. Monkey is right tho, there are idiots everywhere.

Sounds like when Florida gave out plastic rats for some promotion and the fans littered the ice with them.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys and Vikings played already? :noidea:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting ugly on the ice up there @averagejoe, interested to read your thoughts regarding these last couple games.

Hawks are letting the frustrations get to them, even if you completely ignore the suspect officiating in this series. Questionable calls happen on the regular in hockey, just seem to be tilting in the hawks favor, even if they aren't taking advantage.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting ugly on the ice up there @averagejoe, interested to read your thoughts regarding these last couple games.

Hawks are letting the frustrations get to them, even if you completely ignore the suspect officiating in this series. Questionable calls happen on the regular in hockey, just seem to be tilting in the hawks favor, even if they aren't taking advantage.
I don't think the officiating is bad. I do agree that in game 4, the Hawks got some calls in their favor. How does Crawford go after Fabbri and the Hawks end up with a PP?
:scratch:

The only thing that gripes me about the officiating, is all the x-checking and punching after the whistles that never seem to be called. The Hawks aren't that kind of team. They're not assembled to be physical.

Each year, other NHL teams try to take them off their game by trying to be physical - AFTER the whistle. And that's the polite way of putting it. Teams "GOON it up" against the Hawks. The Canucks tried it. The Flyers tried it. The Kings are 50/50. The Bruins tried it. The Ducks, Preds, and Wild tried it. A lot of teams have tried and failed.

The refs/league know the Hawks aren't that kind of team (at least, not as frequent as these other teams that have that reputation). Maybe that's why the Hawks get some beneficial calls? I feel the league just needs to stop the extra curricular cheap shots and "gooning" once there's a whistle.
:nono:

Shaw took a bad penalty. No question. But Shaw is what? 5'-9" and 160 lbs? Not really "enforcer" material. He gets the snot beat out of him regularly by parking his keester in front of the net. Rarely do penalties go the other way for Shaw. Frustration boiled over for him.

If you want to join the discussion on the Blues-Hawks series, visit the Blackhawks page, feel free to comment. There's only 3 regulars that post. (Me, JBM and anotheridiot)

My honest appraisal is that the Hawks are flat. They're passing too much. They need to shoot when they get in close.

As for the Blues, they're playing great. Elliott has been spectacular. And Tarasenko is just a phenominal player. And a thorn in the Hawks' side.
:mad2:

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it's time for: Celebrities who are not aging well
6be9210bd0d9ec2e49170b2a010796c6.jpg

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chef99, does it really count as not aging well if she didn't young well either?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the movie CREED tonight. Good movie.
There was a fake segment of Pardon The Interruption in the movie.
Just had to hit the pause button to see what the other topics were on the fake PTI:

Creed
Patriots
Eagles
Tim Tebow
Tiger
LeBron

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Wars....

Star Trek...

Game of Thrones crushes them both. On every level.

View attachment 116480

the books are top notch as well
but do start to trail off a little, big george is stalling and dragging it out as long as he can now.
not sure how he can go back to the books now that the show has passed the books' timeline.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a little scare 2 days ago a la tlance style...
My laptop is less than a year old and I got the blue screen of death.
Needless to say I was shocked. Had no choice but to call Microsoft.
My system was hacked.
Fortunately I don't do banking on my computer.
But support told me that once they fix and restore everything that I should lay low on "social media" sites.
Not sure if SportsHoopla qualifies, but I took no chances.
So now I'm back on but I'm a little sheepish.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a little scare 2 days ago a la tlance style...
My laptop is less than a year old and I got the blue screen of death.
Needless to say I was shocked. Had no choice but to call Microsoft.
My system was hacked.
Fortunately I don't do banking on my computer.
But support told me that once they fix and restore everything that I should lay low on "social media" sites.
Not sure if SportsHoopla qualifies, but I took no chances.
So now I'm back on but I'm a little sheepish.

What do you have for protection? For starters, malware and such.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chef99 Keep in mind I'm real naïve when it comes to computers.
I thought I was protected with Microsoft Essentials. But the tech said that that only protected the Microsoft software and does not provide protection from malware, etc.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chef99 Keep in mind I'm real naïve when it comes to computers.
I thought I was protected with Microsoft Essentials. But the tech said that that only protected the Microsoft software and does not provide protection from malware, etc.
You need to check out sandie box. PM me for more details.