• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Committee Made The Wrong Decision

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLOG+TODAY.jpg

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it will never be "the best 4 teams"...as long as we're clear about that fact moving forward I'm good with it.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have been upset if TCU got the nod over Ohio State. The two teams were pretty even in terms of their total season performance. So basically, TCU has no one but themselves to blame for being left out. All they had to do was protect that 21 point lead vs. Baylor and they would have been in unambiguously. By the same token, there would be no discussions involving Ohio State had the buckeyes not crapped the bed against Virginia Tech.

Pluses and minuses to both sides of the argument. However, TCU's performance against Ole Miss is irrelevant because this game had not yet been played when the committee had to pick a #4 seed.

This is no place for being reasonable and level-headed! GTFO!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. OSU lost to VT. Try again.

The committee looked at one thing......and made their decision. I dont' care about either team. But if you can't see how much easier it is to sell tickets and generate ad revenue for OSU/Bama vs TCU/Bama then there isn't anything else I can help you with.

If TCU were a legacy program, their entire body of work would have come into play, not just their last game. OSU would be here beating up on Ole Miss right now.

I watched us smack you around in front of 107k in your house during our worst season in 20 years.

Losing to Baylor in a squeaker on the road > getting beat up by the only non conference team with a pulse you played.

Hey TCU. Win the conference then

Complain all you want, tOSU is playing tomorrow in the playoffs :yahoo:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss sucks...

Exhibit A: They lost to LSU who sucks!!!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it will never be "the best 4 teams"...as long as we're clear about that fact moving forward I'm good with it.

it will never be the best 4 teams in everyone's eyes.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single bowl game they are in this year

If only there was a thread or two with an OSU fan bitching about it for 100s of posts. Then I might have realized...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Team SEC phegs turning their backs on Ole Miss when you know each and every one of them would be deep throating the Rebs and proclaiming just how tough the SEC is if Ole Miss was up 28-0 right now.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State loses to unranked Virginia Tech; gets lucky in a double overtime win at Penn State. TCU's only loss was to Baylor....a top 10 team.....no justice as I see it.

Conveniently forgets TCU had to come from behind to beat the worst team in FBS Kansas........

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mass hysteria! Imma bout to loot the Hoop liquor store!

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will never be the best 4 teams in everyone's eyes.

No it won't...but when you strip away the conference champion qualifier, in the majority of people's eyes TCU was a better team than tOSU.

Both had a loss, TCU's was to a much better foe.

Had a common opponent, TCU beat them much better.

SOS wasn't that different.

So stripping away the CC, which is the primary reason most here are arguing that TCU shouldn't be included, we can all see that TCU was the better team overall.

I was for certain that the committee was to pick the best 4 teams as the first measure of criteria...regardless of conference championships. There may be years where one conference (or more) as a whole really fucking stinks. This was first perceived to be teh SEC's golden ticket to getting multiple teams in....remember?

TV sets determined the 4th slot this year. Nothing more, nothing less.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the obvious, no.

I know you know the game well enough to know that this is not the same Ole Miss team that beat us. They have 0 offenses weapons now.

Add in the obvious Bad Bo issues and this one was had a lot of potential to get ugly.

Ole Miss defense is still good, but their O is going to make them look bad before this is over.

BTW...I'm not saying that TCU/Baylor didn't get robbed...a quick check on any of my posts on the subject will show that. I'm just saying that this game isn't going to do much to prove that.

I really think the whole comparing like opponents is generally BS. Way too many factors go into each game.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This TCU game is the committee's worst nightmare.... if Baylor does the same thing to Michigan State and tOSU gets blown out, they're fucked