• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tie breaking procedures​

Here are the NFL’s tie-breaking procedures:

To Break A Tie Within A Division

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

• Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  • Strength of victory in all games.
  • Strength of schedule in all games
  • Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  • Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  • Best net points in common games.
  • Best net points in all games.
  • Best net touchdowns in all games.
  • Coin toss
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after one-or-more clubs are eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 1 of two-club format. If three clubs remain tied after a fourth club is eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 1 of three-club format.)

• Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  • Strength of schedule in all games.
  • Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  • Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  • Best net points in common games.
  • Coin toss

To Break A Tie For The Wild-Card Team

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the three Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

- If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tiebreaker.

- If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

• Head-to-head, if applicable.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  • Best net points in conference games.
  • Coin toss.
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after one-or-more clubs are eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 1 of two-club format. If three clubs remain tied after a fourth club is eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 2 of three-club format.)

Apply division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tiebreaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

• Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  • Best net points in conference games.
  • Coin toss

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget hearing Bruce Allen say on the radio "We got our man, Mike Shanahan." Then watched he and Dan proceed to piss him off over and over. All those guys were on Mike's staff.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way this is going Washington could be in position for multiple players to choose from or trade for a massive haul

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way this is going Washington could be in position for multiple players to choose from or trade for a massive haul
I have a feeling we lose out and end up 4th.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we lose out and end up 4th.
I still think the Rams and jets are very winnable.

I think we end up with 6 or 7 wins.

Today was supposed to be a layup...sigh

I think sf and dallas this Thursday beat us badly.

I think MIA bests us by a score or 2.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first two teams you mentioned have the potential and there is always "on any given weekend."

I can hardly imagine more than 6 and kbso might be right. We could certainly lose to those two teams.

If they make a change at coach and I hope they don't until this year is over I'd be okay if they gave EB 4 games if they are considering him in their future. I am not sold on that yet though.

On a brighter note - Mayo had more sacks than Sweat and Young combined. :D

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two teams you mentioned have the potential and there is always "on any given weekend."

I can hardly imagine more than 6 and kbso might be right. We could certainly lose to those two teams.

If they make a change at coach and I hope they don't until this year is over I'd be okay if they gave EB 4 games if they are considering him in their future. I am not sold on that yet though.

Old man mayo...putting in the hours.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if it will happen, but losing out serves the long-term interest of this team. Losing out probably gets us to 4th and a choice between Harrsion Jr. or Fashanu. I doubt they will be favored in a game moving forward.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Henry flashed as well. The only spot I could see Ron getting fired is if the Dallas games gets ugly. Even then, does Harris fire Ron on TG?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it will happen, but losing out serves the long-term interest of this team. Losing out probably gets us to 4th and a choice between Harrsion Jr. or Fashanu. I doubt they will be favored in a game moving forward.
kiper has fashanu projected at OG so you know , that would be a potential BS part 2

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kiper has fashanu projected at OG so you know , that would be a potential BS part 2
I expect us to take multiple offensive lineman. So if he's a guard I could see them go tackle with the Bears 2nd rounder or ours. I know I'll get mocked for this but I've kinda settled on Harrsion Jr. if he's there.

I do think we end up with a top 5 pick. Harrsion might be there. Harrsion(Monk), McLaurin(Clark), and Dotson(Sanders) is a match-up nightmare for teams.

I still think we could grab our offensive lineman with our two 2nds and maybe grab Onwenu (LG NE) in free agency.

Harrsion could be viewed as a luxury but we need talent. We dont have enough players that other teams have to scheme for.

Give me the elite WR over the elite OL almost everytime. I know that's a hot take though.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These mock drafts and speculative picks are interesting, but any draft or talk of who to draft first has to be centered on a high end QB.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These mock drafts and speculative picks are interesting, but any draft or talk of who to draft first has to be centered on a high end QB.
I don't see us picking first, so @Stymietee, who is your favorite QB in this draft besides Caleb, that's assuming you even liked him.