• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lowe was genuinely caught off-guard by some of the media's questions as they usually genuflect in his presence. MacKinnon and Oilers sycophant Marc Spector actually held Lowe's feet to the fire yesterday and as you can see, ole Kev boy got a little heated (haha).

cant top the King ... Oilers "chief PR guy" Terry Jones

Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 12h Why didn't Oilers interview GMs? Because they decided a year ago to put Craig MacTavish in position to learn the job and take over.

Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 12h That's why Tambellini's contract extension (only two years) was never revealed. I like the hire and I like it a lot.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lowe was genuinely caught off-guard by some of the media's questions as they usually genuflect in his presence. MacKinnon and Oilers sycophant Marc Spector actually held Lowe's feet to the fire yesterday and as you can see, ole Kev boy got a little heated (haha).

Those two guys have actually been killed. Those two guys were actually Brian Burke and Dean Lombardi wearing Mackinnon's and Spector's detached faces as masks, a la Hannibal Lector.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most hilarious thing from the press conference from Lowe was when he said half the GM's in the league would take the Oilers roster over theirs.:laugh3:

That was a super odd statement. I was really hoping the "7 Years ago" guy would have said "If the roster's so great, why do you keep failing? Are you admitting that everyone else would be able to do more with what you have?"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish one of the reporters yesterday would have asked Lowe how many championships he won in pee-wee, bantam, midget, and junior hockey as it has as much relevance as how many Stanley Cup rings he has earned as a player in regards to his acumen when it comes to management of a NHL hockey team.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a super odd statement. I was really hoping the "7 Years ago" guy would have said "If the roster's so great, why do you keep failing? Are you admitting that everyone else would be able to do more with what you have?"

Wow!!

That would have been GREAT!! Hearing Lowe's response to that would have been epic.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"First of all, we appreciate and are grateful to every one of our fans who cheer for us through good times and bad," Lowe said in an online video statement on Oilers.com.
"We understand that we see many of our fans at Rexall Place and we have hundreds of thousands of fans that never get to Rexall Place. We appreciate every fan. I did not make that clear yesterday and if I offended anyone, I apologize."

Um, clearly you know (or should know) that you offended every Oilers fan who doesn't have the opportunity to attend games at Rexall Place. What an assclown.

Lowe clarifies remarks made regarding Oilers' fanbase

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"First of all, we appreciate and are grateful to every one of our fans who cheer for us through good times and bad," Lowe said in an online video statement on Oilers.com.
"We understand that we see many of our fans at Rexall Place and we have hundreds of thousands of fans that never get to Rexall Place. We appreciate every fan. I did not make that clear yesterday and if I offended anyone, I apologize."

Um, clearly you know (or should know) that you offended every Oilers fan who doesn't have the opportunity to attend games at Rexall Place. What an assclown.

Lowe clarifies remarks made regarding Oilers' fanbase

bugs-bunny-maroon.jpg

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a bunch of clowns.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - There's a poll on the Edmonton Sun asking if Kevin Lowe should resign and folks on CalgaryPuck are encouraging everyone to vote 'No'.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - There's a poll on the Edmonton Sun asking if Kevin Lowe should resign and folks on CalgaryPuck are encouraging everyone to vote 'No'.

Why doesn't that surprise me. I doubt anyone in Calgary would want Lowe gone from Edmonton. Fortunately for the rest of the league he's likely going nowhere. To make matters even better for everyone else Howson got promoted & they hired a GM who has zero experience in the front office & has already been fired as the teams head coach.

What's got to scare the crap out of Oilers fans is the fact he called himself IMPATIENT. Which means all bets are off. He's liable to do just about anything. We could be witness to the next MILPUKE & not even know it yet.:D:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll update - What started out as 84% saying Lowe should resign has swung completely around and now 74% say Lowe should stay on as Oilers president of hockey operations.

To steal a line from Bartles and Jaymes - "Thank you for your support"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin-Lowe.jpg

Tell Patrick Roy that I have my Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears.

And my eyes.

And my nose.

No, seriously. Tell him. I can't figure out how to get them out.

I'm scared.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin-Lowe.jpg

Tell Patrick Roy that I have my Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears.

And my eyes.

And my nose.

No, seriously. Tell him. I can't figure out how to get them out.

I'm scared.

DERP!

fixed

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many of you guys watched the Lowe apology video yesterday, but behind him on the office wall was a Rangers team picture (I assume from his days playing with the Rangers).

Pretty bad optics there Kev boy.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many of you guys watched the Lowe apology video yesterday, but behind him on the office wall was a Rangers team picture (I assume from his days playing with the Rangers).

Pretty bad optics there Kev boy.

Saying Sorry - TSN Video

if you watch the start of this clip when he talks of the 2 types of fans, you can see he starts off with conviction then once the words "those that pay to come" he loses all confidence and can hear it in his stumble and see it in his actions... oooo that was wrong but no going back now