• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers have had at least three years of re-building and are no better (actually have less ROW wins) that a Flames team who has been gutted. How does Kevin Lowe still have a job (at least Calgary got rid of their GM who got them in a mess of trouble).

Because he is buddies with Katz that's why.

but yes both of our franchises are pretty terrible right now. I at least like our future still....we just need the right coach and support players around them

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three ring circus?

BH6AcdTCQAEWVVN.jpg

What is ' three people who should never be allowed near a hockey rink ever again'?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is buddies with Katz that's why.

but yes both of our franchises are pretty terrible right now. I at least like our future still....we just need the right coach and support players around them

Feaster better hit home runs with the 3 1st round picks he's got in June. If the Flames keep winning the chances of that happening get smaller & smaller. The Oilers could actually finish behind Calgary in the standings & end up with a higher pick.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feaster better hit home runs with the 3 1st round picks he's got in June. If the Flames keep winning the chances of that happening get smaller & smaller. The Oilers could actually finish behind Calgary in the standings & end up with a higher pick.

Think the lottery system is different now. giving all non playoff team a better chance at higher picks.....no confirmation yet this is being called the "Oilers rule"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is Edmonton has 4 stud young players to build around. Neither team has a GM who seems to have a damn clue as to what they're doing. Feaster can't even call a rebuild a rebuild. For the sake of Flames fans I hope he understands the new CBA rules regarding offersheets now.

The former head coach is now the GM of the Oilers, yeah like that's going to work. Not likely.

The three biggest messes in the NHL reside in the same division. The Canucks & Wild have it easy.

Yes, the Feaster offer sheet was clumsy, but at least he's recognizing that changes need to be made (unlike the brain trust in Edmonton who fail to move one of their young "studs" (who are becoming very expensive, by the way) and seem to be regressing (RNH with three goals on the season in 38 games and Eberle not exactly lighting it up either this season).

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the lottery system is different now. giving all non playoff team a better chance at higher picks.....no confirmation yet this is being called the "Oilers rule"

It's still weighted giving the worst teams the best chance. They're going to be using the same rules as the NBA.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway as for the changes today...Kruger may as well pack his bags because no way MacT is keeping him as the coach. Lindy Ruff will be hired after the season is over

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Feaster offer sheet was clumsy, but at least he's recognizing that changes need to be made (unlike the brain trust in Edmonton who fail to move one of their young "studs" (who are becoming very expensive, by the way) and seem to be regressing (RNH with three goals on the season in 38 games and Eberle not exactly lighting it up either this season).

The Flames waited too long to trade Iggy. Not one of the prospects they got for Jaybo was in the Blues top 10. Why didn't Feaster trade Giordano & Cammalerri (Yeah I know I can't spell his name:D:)

If a team is in rebuild mode they need to gut it. The Flames have been bad with a lot of vets. The Oilers have plenty of other prospects coming. I don't have any idea what direction the Oilers are going because I have a hard time believing they have a clue, but they have a brighter future right now than the Flames do. The Flames aren't going to get much help from their prospect pool anytime soon. Fortunately they've been able to sign UFA's rather easily. It will be interesting to see if that continues considering how bad the team has played this season.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flames waited too long to trade Iggy. Not one of the prospects they got for Jaybo was in the Blues top 10. Why didn't Feaster trade Giordano & Cammalerri (Yeah I know I can't spell his name:D:)

If a team is in rebuild mode they need to gut it. The Flames have been bad with a lot of vets. The Oilers have plenty of other prospects coming. I don't have any idea what direction the Oilers are going because I have a hard time believing they have a clue, but they have a brighter future right now than the Flames do. The Flames aren't going to get much help from their prospect pool anytime soon. Fortunately they've been able to sign UFA's rather easily. It will be interesting to see if that continues considering how bad the team has played this season.

I don't agree with a complete tear down or completely get rid of all your veterans. The young guys still need some veterans on the team to serve as mentors. As for JayBo, I think the fact that Feaster got St. Louis to take all of his salary and also got a 1st round pick plus a prospect is a good deal, you can't expect much more than that. As far as the brighter future is concerned, let's see what happens after the 2013 entry draft, a lot could change with the Flames currently holding three first round picks.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with a complete tear down or completely get rid of all your veterans. The young guys still need some veterans on the team to serve as mentors. As for JayBo, I think the fact that Feaster got St. Louis to take all of his salary and also got a 1st round pick plus a prospect is a good deal, you can't expect much more than that. As far as the brighter future is concerned, let's see what happens after the 2013 entry draft, a lot could change with the Flames currently holding three first round picks.

It depends on where the Flames are picking dash. The Flames desparately need a player like Nathan McKinnon, Drouin, Barkov or Nicushkin.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't agree with it either.

Two years ago the Sens parted ways with Kelly, Fisher and Campoli but kept vets like Alfie, Phillips, Spezza and Neil. It has worked out pretty damn well, IMO. You can't have an entire roster of guys who are less than 25 years old.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last one and I'll cease and desist...

37021487.jpg

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cammalleri will make 6M next year & become an UFA at the end of the season. Stajan & Stempniak will be UFA's after next season as well.

Babchuk is an UFA after this season. As are Cervanka, McGratton, Begin, Carson & McDonald.

dash your team is going to see some changes within the roster anyway. Why not trade those three vets away while they have value? There would still be plenty of vets left anyway.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cammalleri will make 6M next year & become an UFA at the end of the season. Stajan & Stempniak will be UFA's after next season as well.

Babchuk is an UFA after this season. As are Cervanka, McGratton, Begin, Carson & McDonald.

dash your team is going to see some changes within the roster anyway. Why not trade those three vets away while they have value? There would still be plenty of vets left anyway.

I think there may be some moves closer to the draft, although with the cap going down next season, it could be tough to trade guys without eating some salary. Compliance buyouts will likely occur as well. It should be interesting.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there may be some moves closer to the draft, although with the cap going down next season, it could be tough to trade guys without eating some salary. Compliance buyouts will likely occur as well. It should be interesting.

I expect quite a few buyouts in the offseason as well. Teams that have plenty of cap space are going to be in a great position to get some good players for less money & assets.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Partial transcript of the Oilers presser yesterday - Hilarious answers from Kevin Lowe:

John MacKinnon: “When you talked about Steve coming in under difficult circumstances when he took over the job, part of that, with respect, was he had to clean up the mess that was left already. This group was largely responsible for that mess. How are fans going to be reassured that the group that left the mess that Tambellini couldn’t quite clean up is now going to be cleaned up by the guys who left the mess to begin with?”

Craig MacTavish: “I think any time you win five Stanley Cups, there’s a certain amount of mess that comes on the tail-end of all that success. It’s the cyclical nature of the business. We kind of semi-jokingly talk about the price we’re still paying for all that success in the ‘80s and early ‘90s that still has a residual effect on where we are right now. But the fact of the matter is it’s really not about yesterday. Maybe there are skeptics out there — there are going to be in this business. You don’t take a position like I’m taking right now with rose-coloured glasses on. It’s not for the faint of heart. I walk in here completely understanding of the situation that’s in front of me, and I’m not looking at what’s happened in the past, where I’m coming from in the past. My sole objective is to come in here and add something to the future of this club. I don’t know. Maybe you guys have a different opinion, but I don’t know that I failed this organization in any of those regards before with any of the decisions or the jobs I’ve taken with this organization in the past. Again, I get back to what we say today has very little bearing on how I’m going to be evaluated as I go forward and I look forward to the challenge of the job. I’m going to help turn this team around. That’s all I can tell you.

Kevin Lowe: ”I’ll just add a piece to that, John. You know, fair question. We have two types of fans. We have paying customers, and we have people that watch the game that we still care about. But certainly the people who go to the games and support, we spend a lot of time talking to them, delivering our message. I would, uh, I think it’s safe to say that half the general managers in the National Hockey League would trade their roster for our roster right now. And in terms of the group that messed things up, you’re talking about the group that had the team one period away from winning the Stanley Cup.”

MacKinnon: “Seven years ago.”

Lowe: “And you know the cycle of that. You know we chased the dream for a few years for our fan base. Like a lot of teams do. And then at some point in that timeframe, we realized that’s a bad plan and we made a change. We’re finishing year three of that plan. Now you say to me you’re getting impatient after three years?”

MacKinnon: “It’s not me. It’s the fans that are getting impatient.”

Lowe: “And lastly, I’ll say that there’s one other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Stanley Cups than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning, if there’s ever a concern.”

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton management is delusional.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Lowe: ”I And in terms of the group that messed things up, you’re talking about the group that had the team one period away from winning the Stanley Cup.”

MacKinnon: “Seven years ago.”

That made me LOL

Lowe: “And lastly, I’ll say that there’s one other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Stanley Cups than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning, if there’s ever a concern.”

That made me spit my water out.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton management is delusional.

I think Lowe was genuinely caught off-guard by some of the media's questions as they usually genuflect in his presence. MacKinnon and Oilers sycophant Marc Spector actually held Lowe's feet to the fire yesterday and as you can see, ole Kev boy got a little heated (haha).