• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, are you guys really crapping on McJesus?

Seriously?

Despite the fact that EDM and the hockey gods screwed Canada's team in the ping pong ball drop, you have to respect the kid's skill set. If he was on your team, you would want someone else taking care of this for him.

And I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw some clips that showed Manning skating away from McDavid when confronted during the last game, like the Philly pussyboy he is.

/oh and Kerry Fraser was behind the ping pong screw job. And Vince McMahon. And that's all I have to say about that

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?

Despite the fact that EDM and the hockey gods screwed Canada's team in the ping pong ball drop, you have to respect the kid's skill set. If he was on your team, you would want someone else taking care of this for him.

And I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw some clips that showed Manning skating away from McDavid when confronted during the last game, like the Philly pussyboy he is.

/oh and Kerry Fraser was behind the ping pong screw job. And Vince McMahon. And that's all I have to say about that

The kid is going to be a superstar in this league (heck you can argue he is already) and in my case it's a heated rival of the team that I root for, so obviously I'm going to be a little biased in my comments towards the Oilers. That all said, the Oilers rushed to give him the captaincy of the team when it wasn't needed and he doesn't need the extra pressure in addition to him and Leon being the only players who can drive offense on the team. Also did you happen to know that RNH = Ryan Nothing-Happens?!?

:D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?

My dissings of the Oil are aimed at everyone but Nuge, McJesus, Le Test Tube and Shins Russell. All four of which I would do unholy things to have on my team. In two cases - have back.

See, a few years back we should have picked 1st overall. And the lottery Gods put us second. I was terribly worried that we'd get stuck with another enigmatic Russian forward because I thought that there was no way the Oil would pass on Murray considering how bad they were on D. But, the Oil management whiffed and grabbed Yak.

So every time one of the hockey writers complained about the Oil defense after that, I got a funny feeling in my tummy.

I won't mention the fact that we just whiffed on PoolParty and took a sorta center, leaving a Finnish monster for them.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the McDavid baby things are a little trollish, even if we are talking about the Oilers.

I also think Manning purposely hurt him and then talked shit to that effect during the game last week, and that in this day and age someone like McDavid shouldn't be looked down upon for not wanting to fight a third-pairing defenceman.

Also, McDavid was given the captaincy 12 months earlier than Crosby was. Crosby was playing in the Cup final 12 months later and was lifting the damn thing 12 months after that. I have seen nothing to suggest McDavid isn't capable of handling whatever minor, irrelevant pressures that may come with wearing it nor do I think it made any sense either waiting another year for it or giving it to someone else. The only ridiculous thing about giving him the C was the silly unveiling effort they made.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that in this day and age someone like McDavid shouldn't be looked down upon for not wanting to fight a third-pairing defenceman.

But hacking and slashing him several times during the game and then calling him out post-game for not dropping the gloves is acceptable?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the two Jets players in the pic below scored.

CzccWt4UcAAejKe.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hacking and slashing him several times during the game and then calling him out post-game for not dropping the gloves is acceptable?
Are we now pretending defences aren't hacking and slashing (or trying anything, really) McDavid to try and stop him?

He wants to throw some back, I say go ahead. Like Gaudreau said when he got his finger broken, shit like that is pretty par for the course in the game right now.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we now pretending defences aren't hacking and slashing (or trying anything, really) McDavid to try and stop him?

He wants to throw some back, I say go ahead. Like Gaudreau said when he got his finger broken, shit like that is pretty par for the course in the game right now.

I agree with throwing it back, I just think questioning somebody's manhood in a post-game scrum wasn't necessary, but I'm probably wrong because Grapes didn't have a problem with it on HNIC last night and he knows hockey.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not comedy gold, here's hoping for a speedy recovery for Darnell Nurse.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Edmonton won't release PullyourRV to play for Finland in the upcoming WJHC tourney, but Chia says they may send him down to the AHL at some point? Um, what the hell is going on in Edmonton?

/rhetorical question

Puljujarvi will not play for Finland at WJC - Article - TSN

Around the draft, the kool-aid drinkers were all "Jarmo knows something about poolparty!" and I just dismissed it, and continued to think that there was just a brain disconnect in the bald, Finnish fuckwit.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't now thinking maybe he did know something.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around the draft, the kool-aid drinkers were all "Jarmo knows something about poolparty!" and I just dismissed it, and continued to think that there was just a brain disconnect in the bald, Finnish fuckwit.

I personally don't think that struggling a little bit in the NHL at the age of 18 is much of a red flag.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think that struggling a little bit in the NHL at the age of 18 is much of a red flag.

It isn't, but at the time of the draft, everyone was yapping about how Mathews, Laine and Puljujarvi were head and shoulders above everyone else. Jarmo disagreed, and didn't think there was enough of a gap between him and Dubois, so he went with PLD.

Just wondering what Jarmo knew that might have indicated to him that PoolParty was going to struggle.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milan Lucic just whacked Connor McDavid in the face with his stick while Jack Johnson was checking McDavid.

Result: 4 minute penalty to Alex Wennberg.

:thumb: to the Zebras.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your draft pick has 18 pts in 20 QMJHL games right now.

Just for comparison, the guy who got drafted 3rd overall the year before plays the same position and had 111 pts in 56 games last year in a tougher league.

If Pul was playing in the AHL where he should be, he'd likely have at least the same or close to the same points-per-game playing against men.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not to say PLD is a bust or anything either, or that picking him over Pul is a bad move. Just that prospects take time and not everybody is McDavid, Eichel, Matthews or Laine. Mitch Marner has been great for the Leafs thus far; if he had played last year he would probably be scoring at a similar rate to Pul. This is more on Edmonton's flawed (as usual) development strategy than it is anything else.

Draisaitl was getting "bust" thrown at him in his rookie year. Today, not so much.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your draft pick has 18 pts in 20 QMJHL games right now.

Just for comparison, the guy who got drafted 3rd overall the year before plays the same position and had 111 pts in 56 games last year in a tougher league.

If Pul was playing in the AHL where he should be, he'd likely have at least the same or close to the same points-per-game playing against men.

That's not to say PLD is a bust or anything either, or that picking him over Pul is a bad move. Just that prospects take time and not everybody is McDavid, Eichel, Matthews or Laine. Mitch Marner has been great for the Leafs thus far; if he had played last year he would probably be scoring at a similar rate to Pul. This is more on Edmonton's flawed (as usual) development strategy than it is anything else.

Draisaitl was getting "bust" thrown at him in his rookie year. Today, not so much.

That's pretty much my point. Pulju was supposed to be a can't miss kid right out of the gate. Jarmo didn't think so and went ahead and drafted a kid who might take the same or a bit longer to develop but will better fit an organizational need once he does. I am only saying that I wonder what he saw/knew.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, the Oilers are tired (and it's only mid-December):

370371385374204bdd6256e2347a1918.jpg