• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw give each of them 60 seconds and a mic and see how many hockey cliches they can rattle off. Those are quality intangibles my friends.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDavid > Matthews as far as all-star voting is concerned:

NEW YORK — Edmonton Oilers forward Connor McDavid will serve as one of four captains at the NHL all-star game in Los Angeles this month.

McDavid led all Pacific Division players in all-star fan voting, earning him the 'C' for his division and an all-star roster spot.

Other division vote leaders include Pittsburgh Penguins forward Sidney Crosby(Metropolitan), Nashville Predators defenceman P.K. Subban (Central) and Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price (Atlantic), the NHL said Tuesday in a release. They will also serve as captains for their respective divisions.

Los Angeles will host the Jan. 27-29 all-star weekend at Staples Center.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEW YORK — Edmonton Oilers forward Connor McDavid will serve as one of four captains at the NHL all-star game in Los Angeles this month.

McDavid led all Pacific Division players in all-star fan voting,

"Typical West Coast media bias..."

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who Nicholas Frost is but boy did he sure manage to get under the skin of dash's favourite writer.

Big brag out of Toronto? Auston Matthews is better than Connor McDavid

Gretzky > Lemieux
Lindros > Forsberg
Bure > Fedorov
Yzerman > Sakic
Brodeur > Hasek
Ovechkin > Crosby
Matthews > McDavid

That's just the way it is, baby.

McDavid led all Pacific Division players in all-star fan voting, earning him the 'C' for his division and an all-star roster spot.

Other division vote leaders include Pittsburgh Penguins forward Sidney Crosby(Metropolitan), Nashville Predators defenceman P.K. Subban (Central) and Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price (Atlantic), the NHL said Tuesday in a release. They will also serve as captains for their respective divisions.

You have to consider why.

Everyone in Edmonton is inside, on the Internet because there is nothing else to do. Everyone in Toronto is on the Garner, trying to merge to their exit.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews now 7 pts back of McDavid for the scoring lead, with 6 more goals and 2 fewer games played :D

Matthews also sees about 3 minutes less ice time per game than McJesus. Gotta think he'd have at least 2 more pts with 2 more minutes per game by now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best late Xmas gift would be for no Leaf to be named to the ASG.

Sorry, second-best gift. Best gift would be for the ASG to be abolished forever by act of law.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after that 7-2 start to the season and some media pundits claiming "this is the year the Oilers make the playoffs" the Oil have gone 12-11-7 in their last 30 games. Todd McLellan wasn't happy in the post-game presser either.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after that 7-2 start to the season and some media pundits claiming "this is the year the Oilers make the playoffs" the Oil have gone 12-11-7 in their last 30 games. Todd McLellan wasn't happy in the post-game presser either.

I've seen other coaches be similarly down after playing us. "we didn't show up, we didn't compete"...

Maybe, just maybe, Columbus is actually good enough to impose their will.

Aside from a few WTF passes by Eberle and Nuge, I don't think Edmonton rolled over at all.

Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh rolled over. Edmonton and Minny gave us battles.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen other coaches be similarly down after playing us. "we didn't show up, we didn't compete"...

Maybe, just maybe, Columbus is actually good enough to impose their will.

Aside from a few WTF passes by Eberle and Nuge, I don't think Edmonton rolled over at all.

Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh rolled over. Edmonton and Minny gave us battles.
Edmonton had 4 SOG in the first period, 22 in total. Columbus averages about 30 against per game.

Maybe they looked better live than they actually were but they stunk.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More comedy gold - If Puljujarvi is still on the NHL roster for the next Oilers game, this season will count as one of the 7 accrued seasons towards UFA.

They could of course avoid it by sending him to the AHL, but it seems the Oilers braintrust doesn't want to do that.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton had 4 SOG in the first period, 22 in total. Columbus averages about 30 against per game.

Maybe they looked better live than they actually were but they stunk.

It did look a bit better than that. They had a few blocked and missed the net a few times as well. The shot count was deceiving.

Until the third. The Jackets just swung the Oilers around like rag dolls the last 7 minutes or so.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More comedy gold - If Puljujarvi is still on the NHL roster for the next Oilers game, this season will count as one of the 7 accrued seasons towards UFA.

They could of course avoid it by sending him to the AHL, but it seems the Oilers braintrust doesn't want to do that.

Matthew Tkachuk >>>>>>> Puljujarvi

Unless of course Matthew goes to a family reunion and gets within 15 feet of the buffet table. In that case Puljujarvi >>> Tkachuk and RIP Matthew.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coiler scouts to Oil Kings scouts: it worked for us! and its close!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

patiently waiting for Jim Benning to march to the NHL entry draft podium to announce the Canucks are pleased and proud to select from Edmonton, Connor McDavid,

Gary Bettman: Uh Jim, that's not right.
Jim Benning: What do you know Gary, you can't even skate - I want McDavid.
Gary Bettman: You're getting McDonald
Jim Benning: Do you mean Lanny?
Gary Bettman: Uh no, can I talk to Linden?
Jim Benning: He's not even here, he's out hiking or biking or building a new workout place.
Gary Bettman: Okee-dokee then.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's two of them!!!

benning__1_.0.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patiently waiting for Jim Benning to march to the NHL entry draft podium to announce the Canucks are pleased and proud to select from Edmonton, Connor McDavid,

Gary Bettman: Uh Jim, that's not right.
Jim Benning: What do you know Gary, you can't even skate - I want McDavid.
Gary Bettman: You're getting McDonald
Jim Benning: Do you mean Lanny?
Gary Bettman: Uh no, can I talk to Linden?
Jim Benning: He's not even here, he's out hiking or biking or building a new workout place.
Gary Bettman: Okee-dokee then.

Bettman: "why dont you go take your full time allotment and rethink this pick Jimmy"
Benning: "think? ... ok Mr Buttsmen"

*Benning heads back to canucks draft table ... stumbles into Wings draft table and falls while on his way*

*10 minutes pass*

*Jim Benning approaches podium and hands Bettman a square of toilet paper (unused)*

*a bemused Bettman looks at tp and his eyes go wide eyed. He walks quickly to podium*

Bettman (to fans): "I think youre gonna want to hear this"

*signals to Benning to come announce the pick*

Benning: "like umm thanks ... the vancouver Canucks are like um proud to select Conor McGregor"