• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only think so because of the Melanson connection that's it. But Lack has played well enough to be given a chance at it, (or they trade him in the off season, he could return a decent prospect)

Thats what botchford was saying the other day

Sign halak ... trade lack ... That would be so vancouver

/ id just go markstrom/lack next season

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what botchford was saying the other day

Sign halak ... trade lack ... That would be so vancouver

/ id just go markstrom/lack next season

Nothing wrong with that Tandem.

I read a story yesterday and I didn't link it here about how St Louis really wants to lock up Miller, but he has designs on playing in Anaheim. If that happens, it's really gonna shake up the goalie market this summer. Unless St Lou wins the cup, but even then they will be looking for a top notch goalie to defend the title.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with that Tandem.

I read a story yesterday and I didn't link it here about how St Louis really wants to lock up Miller, but he has designs on playing in Anaheim. If that happens, it's really gonna shake up the goalie market this summer. Unless St Lou wins the cup, but even then they will be looking for a top notch goalie to defend the title.

If Anaheim wants Ryan Miller, let's say they do get him and then St. Louis ends up getting someone like Jonas Hiller - then I could see the Canucks ending up with Halak

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@News1130Sports: The @VanCanucks have recalled @frankcorrado22 from the @UticaComets. Likely means Kevin Bieksa is out for Saturday

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Bj8sfOPCMAEEW9V.jpg

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much longer does Johnny T have with this team? Do you think they go into next season with him? His style of hockey is clearly fading out. I just think he doesn't have the right type of players in Vancouver to fit his style of play.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.5% chance of making the playoffs.

just put us out of our misery

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
.5% chance of making the playoffs.

just put us out of our misery

it's funny (sad), I'm looking at the standings to see how many teams we might be able to catch in the way down. :doh:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's funny (sad), I'm looking at the standings to see how many teams we might be able to catch in the way down. :doh:

My first thought today as well we can be in the top 10 drafting today but I would love to see if they can somehow reach 6-7

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much longer does Johnny T have with this team? Do you think they go into next season with him? His style of hockey is clearly fading out. I just think he doesn't have the right type of players in Vancouver to fit his style of play.

I think that this excuse is complete bullshit every time I hear it (and with Randy Carlyle around, I've heard it a lot). A good coach (especially one at the NHL level) should be able to implement a style/system that best uses the skills of the players that he actually has on his roster, not try and force one on them that suits the hypothetical fictional players that he falls asleep pulling his pecker to every night.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this excuse is complete bullshit every time I hear it (and with Randy Carlyle around, I've heard it a lot). A good coach (especially one at the NHL level) should be able to implement a style/system that best uses the skills of the players that he actually has on his roster, not try and force one on them that suits the hypothetical fictional players that he falls asleep pulling his pecker to every night.

I agree, Torts' just doesn't do that. He does what he wants, he wants you playing his style of hockey, and if you don't, it's to the bench you go. He still wants to play the heavily defended, grinding out style of hockey. I watched it here for 4 years, it worked with the 2012 team here but after that, it stopped. He ran Gaborik out of town for not fore-checking or grinding on his shifts, he was burying Kreider and Hagelin to the bottom lines as well if they messed up on one play.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Torts' just doesn't do that. He does what he wants, he wants you playing his style of hockey, and if you don't, it's to the bench you go. He still wants to play the heavily defended, grinding out style of hockey. I watched it here for 4 years, it worked with the 2012 team here but after that, it stopped. He ran Gaborik out of town for not fore-checking or grinding on his shifts, he was burying Kreider and Hagelin to the bottom lines as well if they messed up on one play.

Yep, you've definitely correctly diagnosed the problem. I lived in NYC for almost all of Tortorella's tenure (moved out to CT mid-season about a year ago, so it's not like I'm far from the Rangers now even) so I saw it all in great detail. That's probably part of how I'm capable of recognizing the same thing with Carlyle. Those damn square pegs on the ice just won't make themselves fit!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kassian has more ES points than Kesler.

so much for career years for every one eh Kes?

Yep, you've definitely correctly diagnosed the problem. I lived in NYC for almost all of Tortorella's tenure (moved out to CT mid-season about a year ago, so it's not like I'm far from the Rangers now even) so I saw it all in great detail. That's probably part of how I'm capable of recognizing the same thing with Carlyle. Those damn square pegs on the ice just won't make themselves fit!

Injuries aside for the Sedins and they are at best 50 pt players this year. They did not decline enough to make me believe that they are that bad. 75 pt guys yes but not this. This is coaching

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts had a lucky december thats about it :(

still though ... the makeup of this team is not up to snuff to compete with the big boys in cali ... hasnt been for 2 to 3 years now ... wrong coach / wrong system or not

i dont think any coach could make chicken salad out of this chicken shit

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listening to drunk uncle and grampa in the cesspool this morn

Gillis rumoured to be becoming team president and Markus Naslund taking over as GM ???

I know the Naslund to the team as assistant GM has been out there for a few weeks since he resigned from Modo but is that a thing? or is Pratt throwing feces again?

Status
Not open for further replies.