• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Colorado Avalanche at Pittsburgh Penguins 7:30pm NBCSN

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that being said, if the Avs are a top seed come April, I will gladly eat my words. But 3 weeks into October is far too early to be calling teams "for real" or "elite" and Colorado just is not this good.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that being said, if the Avs are a top seed come April, I will gladly eat my words. But 3 weeks into October is far too early to be calling teams "for real" or "elite" and Colorado just is not this good.

Just because the oilers cant take advantage of some young talent doesn't mean the Av's cant..the Avalanche are obviously far better than you give them credit for.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the oilers cant take advantage of some young talent doesn't mean the Av's cant..the Avalanche are obviously far better than you give them credit for.

The difference between your team an mine is your goalies have been lights out awesome. Dubnyk and LaBarbara have single handedly cost us 4 wins so far this year. If the Oilers had your goaltending, and I don't care if Dash laughs at me for this, we could easily be 6-2 or 7-1 right now.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between your team an mine is your goalies have been lights out awesome. Dubnyk and LaBarbara have single handedly cost us 4 wins so far this year. If the Oilers had your goaltending, and I don't care if Dash laughs at me for this, we could easily be 6-2 or 7-1 right now.

Yup, the goaltending has been horri-bad for the Oil this season. The good news is that Dubnyk appears to be back on his game just in time for the goal scoring to start drying up a little. While I do poke fun at the Oil from time-to-time, I would like to see both Calgary and Edmonton get back into Stanley Cup contention once again.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference between my team and yours, is that yours is the Detroit Lions of the NHL...no matter what you give them they arent going to win. They ALWAYS have some new excuse

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the goaltending has been horri-bad for the Oil this season. The good news is that Dubnyk appears to be back on his game just in time for the goal scoring to start drying up a little. While I do poke fun at the Oil from time-to-time, I would like to see both Calgary and Edmonton get back into Stanley Cup contention once again.

Cup? Hell, I would just take a playoff spot at this point. This province deserves better than the gong show of the last 5+ years.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminded me of playoffs against Boston last year. Lots of offensive chances, just couldn't score.

Some of that was Jiggy (okay, a lot was) but at the same time, not enough traffic in front of the net. Still something missing for the Pens. I mean, adding Letang and Neal will help the offense for sure, but they are big net-front bodies. Hopefully something Shero can address this year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was depressing. Big props to JSG tho, I don't think he would've given up a goal even if we had 100 shots on net.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminded me of playoffs against Boston last year. Lots of offensive chances, just couldn't score.

Some of that was Jiggy (okay, a lot was) but at the same time, not enough traffic in front of the net. Still something missing for the Pens. I mean, adding Letang and Neal will help the offense for sure, but they are big net-front bodies. Hopefully something Shero can address this year.

Yeah he played a great game but like you said their PP chances it seemed like all 5 were hanging around the perimeter for the perfect one timer and all the Avs did was sit and wait then block the shots. You know what it kind of reminded me to was the Habs series a few years back.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK what we could've done differently. When Giguere is on, he's not giving up goals, none. If we scored it would've been by luck.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but Malkin didn't do much tonight...

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Captain my captain. He willed them to the W tonight (along with solid play by Jiggy)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6696639_WILLSMITH.jpg

Na na na na na naaaaaaaaaaa