• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Gameday Week 1

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to get FSU in there somewhere. With that schedule this may be the best bet.

I know it's improving as a conference but my gosh the ACC sucks ass. It's just a bad conference. Thank God they are playing OK State, Notre Dame, and Florida (even though they suck right now) in the OOC or else their schedule would be complete shit.

And I know all about shit schedules................

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should definitely be Wisconsin / LSU. I'm starting to think espn hates the SEC.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's improving as a conference but my gosh the ACC sucks ass. It's just a bad conference. Thank God they are playing OK State, Notre Dame, and Florida (even though they suck right now) in the OOC or else their schedule would be complete shit.

I really think people are over-estimating Ok State. If they make a reasonable bowl it will be a great coaching job by Gundy.

Starting QB: gone.. experienced back-up taking over, but Chelf got them rolling last year.
3 starting OL: gone.. plus lost one of the most respected OL coaches in America
3 of the top 4 WRs; gone
2 LBs: gone. They were both some of the best in the league. Its rare to find LBs that can hold up vs the run and excel in pass coverage. 1 and 3rd in total tackles. 2nd and 3rd in Interceptions.
Secondary: Lost 5 very experienced players.
Defense lost 7 of their 10 tacklers

You are going to have a really green defense taking on a very good offense in FSU. I do not see this going well. OSU maybe dangerous later in the year, but this is a terrible game to get your first taste of big minutes.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you must know, it's because i dont want Corso to have such an easy head gear pick!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is going to get the coverage. There's too much hype about the team that stopped the SECs run.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is going to get the coverage. There's too much hype about the team that stopped the SECs run.

But they would still get coverage at LSU/Wiscy.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually fuck me. Dont PSU/UCF play at 8:30 am that day? Might not even have to watch Gameday with a good game already going on.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SHOTS FIRED!!!

tumblr_muctp0pis21sqhdk6o1_400_zps37c031cc.gif

Umm having Clemson,UF, and UM even in down years automatically trumps any schedule BSU has. Stop the stupidity.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHOTS FIRED!!!

tumblr_muctp0pis21sqhdk6o1_400_zps37c031cc.gif

Umm having Clemson,UF, and UM even in down years automatically trumps any schedule BSU has. Stop the stupidity.

I said Boise's schedule is weak. That's not the point of my post. I think FSU is an incredible team loaded with athletes all over the place. I just think their conference sucks, that's all. It doesn't have anything to do with how good they are as a team. The ACC is slowly and steadily improving and adding teams like Louisville certainly helps, but collectively as a whole, it stinks compared to the other Power 5 conferences (although it's gaining a little ground on the Big 10).

And when you say UM, do you mean Miami? Seriously? Those guys suck and they have sucked for ten years plus now.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Boise's schedule is weak. That's not the point of my post. I think FSU is an incredible team loaded with athletes all over the place. I just think their conference sucks, that's all. It doesn't have anything to do with how good they are as a team. The ACC is slowly and steadily improving and adding teams like Louisville certainly helps, but collectively as a whole, it stinks compared to the other Power 5 conferences (although it's gaining a little ground on the Big 10).

And when you say UM, do you mean Miami? Seriously? Those guys suck and they have sucked for ten years plus now.

YOu did not get the gif. nevermind.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That is a 1:30 pm kickoff time in Dublin. Sucks for you West Coasters.

Got a game in Eugene this day that kicks off at 730 pm Pacific.

That means I will be up at 5:15 to watch this, the likely be out of Autzen around 11 pm as it will be a blowout, maybe sooner. Drink moar beer at the tailgater, leave Parking lot at midnight or so. Putting me home at around 2am.

Near 24 hours of cfb at home, on radio on way to Autzen, on tailgate tv, and live football.
Heck of a way to kick off the 2014 season eh? :yahoo:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a game in Eugene this day that kicks off at 730 pm Pacific.

That means I will be up at 5:15 to watch this, the likely be out of Autzen around 11 pm as it will be a blowout, maybe sooner. Drink moar beer at the tailgater, leave Parking lot at midnight or so. Putting me home at around 2am.

Near 24 hours of cfb at home, on radio on way to Autzen, on tailgate tv, and live football.
Heck of a way to kick off the 2014 season eh? :yahoo:

tumblr_lju4spAdxB1qfn8ew.gif

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title of this board had me excited for a moment. Before it's demise, I put up FanNation "CFB Game Day" boards on which those watching the games would post. Besides the usual rants and raves of fans caught up in the action, we would share tips about big plays and channel surfing for lively action. Hey, if your not there, and your buds are, it's better than sitting alone before the big screen while the disinterested members of your household come and go.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is going to Arlington, Texas for FSU vs Okla St. Horrible decision. FSU is gonna beat the crap outta OSU (unfortunately.) LSU/Wisc was the easy choice. Best game of the day.

I agree. I think we're looking at a blowout of Oklahoma St. 38-7 wouldn't surprise me. LSU-Wisconsin looks like the best balanced game of week 1 involving top 25 teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually fuck me. Dont PSU/UCF play at 8:30 am that day? Might not even have to watch Gameday with a good game already going on.

Yeah that's true, got to get up early for that one.