• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Playoff Rankings TOP 6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is a completely different team with Sam Darnold at QB and he's the main reason they're on a 5 game 3win streak. SC, WSU and whoever UW plays in the PACCG should all be ranked by my figuring. Look at who TAMU has left on their schedule not to mention they won't even play in the SECCG unless a nuke falls on top of Tuscaloosa before the end of the season.

so WA wins over Cal and USC will bump them above A&M if they win over two SEC teams (Miss St and Ole Miss)?

Fun to see if it plays out that way. I realize the Miss schools are crap, but rarely do you see a national committee rate 2 PAC wins over 2 SEC wins. Cal's mediocre and USC's game prior to Wash is Oregon. A win over the Ducks isn't going to elevate anyone's stature at this point.

I'd love to see it happen, but just can't rationalize getting from 'here' to 'there'

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What quality team has Texas A&M beaten this year. Maybe Auburn is a quality team. Besides Bama being a very good team, the SEC is below part this year,
943e945876.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so WA wins over Cal and USC will bump them above A&M if they win over two SEC teams (Miss St and Ole Miss)?

Fun to see if it plays out that way. I realize the Miss schools are crap, but rarely do you see a national committee rate 2 PAC wins over 2 SEC wins. Cal's mediocre and USC's game prior to Wash is Oregon. A win over the Ducks isn't going to elevate anyone's stature at this point.

I'd love to see it happen, but just can't rationalize getting from 'here' to 'there'
TAMU still has an FCS team left on their schedule. You do the math.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a lot of assumptions here.

USC is right now just outside the 25 and is a dangerous team. The committee isn't stupid. They were horrible to open the season and have put it together. They get it. WSU was garbage the first two weeks and has been money since. They get it. A&M would have to beat LSU which will still be somewhere in the top 25, but if they drop to bama might slide back from the mid teens. Our SoS catches up quite a bit because of that late schedule.

And you assume Utah is going to be in the CCG. It very well could be Colorado. In any respect, beating any team twice is difficult to do, but Utah is ranked and actually moved up in ranking after losing to us.

You do get that 13-0 vs 11-1 is much different than 8-0 vs 7-1 right?

8-0 is better than 7-1 in my book. But the committee doesn't agree. Just trying to find the tipping point that would cause them to change their minds.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the week TAMU plays Texas San Antonio or the week UW wins the conference ... take your pick.
Don't forgot that Texas A&M. Prairie View A&M. Just curious but who the fuck is Prairie View A&M?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit, did they do this already?...

Anyway no, not mad or unhappy if that's what they came up with. We've seen how much they can move from week to week. If UW wins their games they'll be in.

I do think it's weird though, and am curious what the reasoning might be...
Probably super impressed by the way they bounced back from that grueling shoot out with bama to demolish a quality New Mexico State team....

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens when Portland St. is your tough out of conference game and you have the worst power 5 conference this season.
Did you forget that Texas A&M beat Prairie View A&M. Just curious but who the fuck is Prairie View A&M? Also Texas A&M has to play Texas San Antonio (whoever the fuck they are) later on this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAMU still has an FCS team left on their schedule. You do the math.

so they wouldn't jump after the SC game, it would be the following week where we have WA-ASU and A&M-TexSA.. just trying to understand how it plays out week by week.

Precedent has been set in the first poll and to something needs to cause it change. Still not obvious to me.

But unlikely both will roll impressively and that will likely be the catalyst

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget that Texas A&M beat Prairie View A&M. Just curious but who the fuck is Prairie View A&M? Also Texas A&M has to play Texas San Antonio (whoever the fuck they are) later on this year.

God damn, are you going to finally get that joke of a post right? Third times the charm I guess. :L

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're thinking about it too hard man. Again, they take a 'fresh' look every week. Right now they seem to be saying they value A & M's better OOC schedule, and the conference the play in more with one loss than the Pac 12 and UW's OOC. That's my take anyway. At some point, especially with some solid team's coming up on UW'S schedule, that will tip to putting more value to being unbeaten than having 1 loss.

This all assumes UW stays unbeaten, obviously.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-0 is better than 7-1 in my book. But the committee doesn't agree. Just trying to find the tipping point that would cause them to change their minds.
You skipped the key part of that.

If you think their rankings are linear you haven't followed the last two years. I'd say after beating Cal on the road and USC at home they would likely jump them even if A&M beats both Miss state and old miss just because of USC.

You don't agree and we will have to leave it at that.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when your beating the little sisters of the poor.
Washington was supposed to play Wiscy this year and next but Wisconsin backed out like a weasel or badger and scheduled LSU. That left UW scrambling to fill those dates ... hence the Rutgers series. Think on that one.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here UW fans, take this and photo shop a Husky on the backboard and a 12th man jersey on the kid. Feel free to repost it before the playoffs start:

84871868_zpskz4lbbgo.gif
Actually that video was taken in a neighbor near College Station Texas.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're thinking about it too hard man. Again, they take a 'fresh' look every week. Right now they seem to be saying we value A & M's better OOC schedule, and the conference the play in more with one loss than the Pac 12 and UW's OOC. That's my take anyway. At some point, especially with some solid team's coming up on UW'S schedule, that will tip to putting more value to being unbeaten than having 1 loss.

This all assumes UW stays unbeaten, obviously.

'at some point' is the discussion... not clear to me what that point is...

maybe A&M gets summarily dumped after a strong win over TexSA... time will tell

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGGY RANKED 4 in CFP!!!?!?!?!? Ha. Haaahhajaah has aha. Ha

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that video was taken in a neighbor near College Station Texas.
in a neighbor? Like the camera was up their butt or down their throat?

I'm the one drinking, must not be alone.

As to my post, I guess you can understand what I was saying.