• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick > 2012 Rookie QB class

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As much hype as Luck, RGIII, and Wilson have gotten I can't see taking any of those guys over CK at this point. And I would definitely take him over any of the rookie QBs in the 2011 class

Just as smart, just as capable leadership skills, same poise, but the key difference is he's just a way more physically gifted. I think eventually people will think of him as having the best arm in the NFL and the best running ability as well.

The scary part to me is he's just going to get even better then he is now. He still lacks the experience and polish of the other guys so the more starts he gets the scarier he's going to be.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is probably me being a homer but I dont think there is any other QB I'd want on our team right now. He is playing extremely well. He has it all, the mental parts, the amazing arm, and one of the best scramblers.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn. I love me some Kaep. But I don't think I'd pick him ahead of Luck if there was an open draft today. All players are FAs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for us to be objective about this when we're two week away from the SB. Ask this again in the off season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Damn. I love me some Kaep. But I don't think I'd pick him ahead of Luck.

I would but that's no disrespect to any of those guys as I'm not saying CK is way ahead of Luck, RGIII, etc.

Everyone at the Miss Universe contest is smoking hot but you can only choose one to win.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of partial to RG3 (obviously) and think he would have done just as well had he had the talent around him (and the line especially) that Kaep enjoys. Now, don't get me wrong, I do like Kaepernick. Loved watching him at Nevada especially when he was beating up those assholes at Boise St.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont see what Luck brings that Kaepernick doesnt. The scrambling isn't close. The arm strength isn't close. Kaps accuracy has been extremely surprising to me. He has been better then Luck here. Kap has showed great poise and an ability to respond to difficult situations. Luck was good this year but I think between RG3 and Wilson, he's behind them in his own QB class.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I dont see what Luck brings that Kaepernick doesnt. The scrambling isn't close. The arm strength isn't close. Kaps accuracy has been extremely surprising to me. He has been better then Luck here. Kap has showed great poise and an ability to respond to difficult situations. Luck was good this year but I think between RG3 and Wilson, he's behind them in his own QB class.

In Luck's defense he was on by far the worst team of the three. Redskins and Hawks were a good QB away from being good teams the Colts were just plain terrible.

But I agree that what sets CK apart is his physical tools. Mentally and intangibles I believe he's just as capable as the other guys.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm kind of partial to RG3 (obviously) and think he would have done just as well had he had the talent around him (and the line especially) that Kaep enjoys. Now, don't get me wrong, I do like Kaepernick. Loved watching him at Nevada especially when he was beating up those assholes at Boise St.

I agree RG3 would've had a monster year in a 49er uniform but I give CK the edge because I think he has a better arm, comparable speed, and better durability due to his size.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RGIII would be a monster in our system for real!! Oh my!!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII and Luck are both better QB's than Kaep. Wilson is probably at least the same if not better. None of those 3 have even half the team that Kaep has around them.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII and Luck are both better QB's than Kaep. Wilson is probably at least the same if not better. None of those 3 have even half the team that Kaep has around them.

This is sadly right, but Kaep is doing a great job, and we are in the Super Bowl so that's all that matters!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not ready to say Wilson is as good as Kaep, but the other 2 are certainly better.

Luck or RGII begind the Niners' ridiculous OL would be scary (although RGIII may not last the way he's going).

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say Wilson is as good as Kaep, but the other 2 are certainly better.

Luck or RGII begind the Niners' ridiculous OL would be scary (although RGIII may not last the way he's going).

I'd vote no on RGIII because unlike Kap he doesn't protect his body. He might already have done irreparable damage after year 1.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If RG had the choice, I think he'd rather throw than run. Though, I do agree. I wish he would slide more as opposed to trying for those two extra yards.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd vote no on RGIII because unlike Kap he doesn't protect his body. He might already have done irreparable damage after year 1.

That doesn't mean he isn't a better QB. He is a better QB, just an injured one right now.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sadly right, but Kaep is doing a great job, and we are in the Super Bowl so that's all that matters!

Absolutely. You all have no reason to feel bad. Kaep is playing great. But the question with him, and the rookie QB's is can they keep doing this next year when teams have as much film on them as they do?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that he needs to win a Super Bowl first, but I'm getting the impression that even that won't matter... looks like Kaep is going to get dropped in the Dilfer category by non-49ers fans... "anyone could win with that 49ers team"

Which is weird because the 49ers have advanced this year because of a strong performance by the QB and subsequently the offense in both games. When last year it was the defense carrying the team.