• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

538 ranks current rookie QB class worst ever going into week 4

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The triumvirate of first overall pick Lawrence, No. 2 Wilson and No. 15 Jones account for more than 23 percent of the interceptions thrown in the league so far this season. Fields — the 11th overall pick — and Wilson alone account for nearly 12 percent of the sacks. In Fields’s only start, he passed for a grand total of one (1) net yard. Combined, the four rookies have a completion percentage of 57.4, 9.6 points below league average, and 5.75 yards per pass attempt, 1.73 yards below league average. Their Total QBR is an abysmal 26.4.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jones only has 3 INTs and it all came from last weekend. Lawrence and Wilson have been turnover machines.... but I can't really blame them behind their absolutely ABYSMAL OL.... which is why I graded the Etienne pick as an F because WHAT THE FUCK was Jacksonville thinking waiting until their 4th pick (granted it was a mid 2nd rounder) to get OL? Should've been Lawrence, and then 3 straight O-Lineman lol.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to a friend this morning about this very subject. I mentioned being a little surprised that all the rookie QBs are struggling. He reminded me about how bad the jags are and we agreed that Mac Jones is probably going to peak as game manager.

Just seems a little weird that we haven't seen really any flashes from them. As a NFL fan I hope they all have tons of success. As a broncos fan, I thank them for their early struggles.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Trey Lance already has 2 TDs in only a handful of plays. That alone should elevate this class..... :thumb:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jones only has 3 INTs and it all came from last weekend. Lawrence and Wilson have been turnover machines.... but I can't really blame them behind their absolutely ABYSMAL OL.... which is why I graded the Etienne pick as an F because WHAT THE FUCK was Jacksonville thinking waiting until their 4th pick (granted it was a mid 2nd rounder) to get OL? Should've been Lawrence, and then 3 straight O-Lineman lol.
I think in general we've hopefully seen the last of the first round RB. He have CMC and Josh Jacobs who have been great but also gotten banged up. Barkley who hasnt been able to move the needle with a bad oline. CEH who has fumbled away two games. ETN and Najee Harris who seemed like bad picks from the start.

Where the Jags were in the draft they should've honestly drafted a defensive player instead of ETN. They would've had to move up or down for oline. Jags just haven't been able to develop any talent, though. Not sure how much that mattered.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in general we've hopefully seen the last of the first round RB. He have CMC and Josh Jacobs who have been great but also gotten banged up. Barkley who hasnt been able to move the needle with a bad oline. CEH who has fumbled away two games. ETN and Najee Harris who seemed like bad picks from the start.

Where the Jags were in the draft they should've honestly drafted a defensive player instead of ETN. They would've had to move up or down for oline. Jags just haven't been able to develop any talent, though. Not sure how much that mattered.

Hard to argue with any of what you said. The team desperately needed help on D as well....

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For QBs coming out of college, being drafted by the Jets, Jags or Bears has to be a little disappointing. It's like the kiss of death.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been bad, but none of them should have really been day 1 starting.

Lawrence was probably most day 1 ready, but being stuck with zero talent around him has been absolutely no help and thus he's getting killed trying to make the most of that situation.

Jones has the best situation with a veteran coaching staff that will know how to keep his limitations from hurting too bad early on as he tries to develop at the NFL level. Time will tell if his limitations keep him at a Ryan Fitzpatrick/Teddy Bridgewater game manager level or if he can shine in that Belichick system.

Wilson and Fields shouldn't have seen the field at all at least until the halfway point of their first season, if not sitting the whole season. Unfortunately like Lawrence, they're stuck on bad teams with no help around them. At least the Bears tried to bring in a vet to let Fields sit. Unfortunately that vet was Andy Dalton.

Lance is the only one that can actually sit, but that's because he was drafted to a team that a) already has an established starter and b) has plenty of talent throughout the roster. He can actually sit and learn and truly get prepared to become an NFL signal caller. All those other guys got thrown to the wolves immediately and it has been pretty costly as far as turnovers and taking sacks. They're gonna learn some very bad habits if these coaches don't get them help soon.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams were starting rookie QB's. They knew what they were getting and they knew they would struggle like this. You stick them out there so that they can learn from their mistakes and start to get used to the speed of the game.

The idea that they should have sat and "learned" is mostly BS IMO. College offenses are more complicated than they were 20 years ago. Every college QB these days knows what a cover 3 looks like these days. You couldn't say that 20 years ago.

The only one that I wouldn't have started would have been Fields....and they really only did that mostly out of necessity. He struggled with reads in college and clearly was behind the others in terms of understanding schemes. He clearly is the one that could use a lot more classroom time.

It was kind of funny how some people were talking about this as being the greatest QB draft ever right after the draft. This start by these guys have clearly shown that those people were putting the cart WAY before the horse and really just talking out of their asses.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams were starting rookie QB's. They knew what they were getting and they knew they would struggle like this. You stick them out there so that they can learn from their mistakes and start to get used to the speed of the game.

The idea that they should have sat and "learned" is mostly BS IMO. College offenses are more complicated than they were 20 years ago. Every college QB these days knows what a cover 3 looks like these days. You couldn't say that 20 years ago.

The only one that I wouldn't have started would have been Fields....and they really only did that mostly out of necessity. He struggled with reads in college and clearly was behind the others in terms of understanding schemes. He clearly is the one that could use a lot more classroom time.

It was kind of funny how some people were talking about this as being the greatest QB draft ever right after the draft. This start by these guys have clearly shown that those people were putting the cart WAY before the horse and really just talking out of their asses.
It could still be a damn good QB class but if’s weird how it started out so bad. I guess the Jags and Jets alone have a pitiful supporting cast and new HC’s. I said before the draft Fields should sit a year, the Bears have Foles I’m not sure why they rush Fields on the field. That is just poor management. Jones seemed the most pro ready and performing ok to this poinf. Lance was like Fields, he should sit and is, the Niners are doing the right thing here and the only stable franchise right now to this point. Could definitely benefit him in the future.