• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was @mattola who asked this earlier, shouldn't this guy be put on trial for possible war crimes?
Poland’s looking into extraditing. A Jewish org in Canada is also asking the government for files from an inquiry back in the 80s about Nazis who relocated to Canada that for some reason stayed under seal.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poland’s looking into extraditing. A Jewish org in Canada is also asking the government for files from an inquiry back in the 80s about Nazis who relocated to Canada that for some reason stayed under seal.
This may have been a can of worms that just opened. The fallout could be extraordinary if we find that Nazis have been hiding here undetected or hidden intentionally

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of evading paying taxes...

She might be kinda fucked. In Spain it’s basically tradition at this point to get nailed for tax evasion. It’s happened to anybody famous to ever live there really. And they’ll usually let it slide the first time.

But this is her second. Straight to jail.

Somewhere, Gerard Pique laughs while eating a PB & J.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been a can of worms that just opened. The fallout could be extraordinary if we find that Nazis have been hiding here undetected or hidden intentionally
Chrystia Freeland’s dad was enough of a collaborator that he fled west with the rest of them from the eastern front as the Soviets closed in.

She’s also pretty much a genius when it comes to Eastern Europe, having studied Russian history at Harvard and earning a masters in Slavonic Studies at Oxford yet apparently, despite being deputy PM and likely having full knowledge of everything that was to take place during Zelensky’s visit, never spoke up and likely applauded the Parliamentary Nazi even after the introduction by the Speaker made it pretty clear who he was.

So, yeah, probably gonna get worse for the Liberals before it gets better if things take that route.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still confused about all of this. Lenders took his word regarding valuations and then didn’t follow up with their own appraisal and somehow their lack of due diligence is his fault? Is that what happened here?

Why is it if I get a mortgage on a rental property from a B lender there’s more scrutiny from the lender than for a mega million dollar loan?
I think it is more to do with the fraudulently inflating the value for funding but extremely undervaluing it when it came to tax time.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch enough history channel they all went to Argentina, so you should be good.

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

Seriously though I bet there were more than we realize in both the US and Canada.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more to do with the fraudulently inflating the value for funding but extremely undervaluing it when it came to tax time.
I get the hypocrisy but is that fraud? The BBC article I read about this mentioned documents that “inflated Mar a Lago’s value by 2300%” which is fucking insane on its face but also what moronic bank or insurer just took that document and was like “yup, looks good” without doing their own DD?

Just seems like the banks and insurers involved were lazy and dumb and are getting bailed out.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the hypocrisy but is that fraud? The BBC article I read about this mentioned documents that “inflated Mar a Lago’s value by 2300%” which is fucking insane on its face but also what moronic bank or insurer just took that document and was like “yup, looks good” without doing their own DD?

Just seems like the banks and insurers involved were lazy and dumb and are getting bailed out.
In the end it is appraisal fraud where he artificially inflated the value of this property. The rest of it really doesn't matter and like you said it is on the banks as they took his word as the appraisal.

Last edited:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
From the get go, this is what I thought would bring him down.
Basically because there is firm record of it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still confused about all of this. Lenders took his word regarding valuations and then didn’t follow up with their own appraisal and somehow their lack of due diligence is his fault? Is that what happened here?

Why is it if I get a mortgage on a rental property from a B lender there’s more scrutiny from the lender than for a mega million dollar loan?

Have I got a movie for you!

MV5BNDc4MThhN2EtZjMzNC00ZDJmLThiZTgtNThlY2UxZWMzNjdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why this comes in my feed, maybe since I am in GA a lot?

But I RSVP'ed with the name Alex Jones curious if I get a response.

1695864042350.png

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, hear me out...... did an electric boat sink in Lake Lanier years ago? Maybe one with good batteries, not the ones with the cat on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.