• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Staff -- JOHN HYNES (PENS AHL COACH) TO BE NAMED NEW COACH

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
vort....i would wait until after the draft and ufa to see what the team looks like. last year the team was brutal to watch. i don't mind watching a losing team if they are at least exciting and there is a path. there was neither of that last year. last year had to be the first time ever i watched only about 15 games it was that painful.

changing of the guard in lou and coaching has me interested so far in this season. drop some more dead wood old vets and i will definitely watch.

thats a good point with tedenby. you see how much larrson has improved without pdb i wonder if the same can be said for tedenby they really should invite him to camp. this would be his last camp though with the team if he didn't cut it.

same goes with jofesnson. sometimes you just have to cut ties. kid has had a ton of chances and now is entering a prime time year for him with younger newer coaches. if he doesn't take a step and put up at least 10-15 goals or 40-50pts then hes toast. 20th pick has to put up something.

as for conte.............the first round pick should pretty much be a slam dunk so i wont really give him that much credit if the pick does pan out. just like i wont blame him if the guy busts. those two 2nd rounders and the 3rd round pick gives them 4 picks in the top 67. he has to hit home runs on at least 2 of those 3 picks. even if he does i can still see and not blame shero for canning him. there is just so much "hate" towards this guy for the bad drafting he's done that the team really needs to make a change in that department.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Conte once upon a time was to be Lou's successor or a GM on some other team. Few years later, he is not even sure he will have job next year.

Agree on Josefson. He is still young at 24, but what we need to see is improvement and more consistency.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Devils still have Tedenby's rights? I believe so. With new direction, I wonder if he might get another shot.
He had skill just no confidence. He could have used some more muscle too.

The Conte subject has been pretty quiet. There was the TG article few weeks back, but no much has been said about his future with team.

I'm like 99% sure that we still have Tedenby's rights. Shero should be picking up the phone and getting him back over here.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm like 99% sure that we still have Tedenby's rights. Shero should be picking up the phone and getting him back over here.
The kid really didn't do much in Albany either. If he put on some muscle since he left OK, if not don't want him back, he was WAY too easily knocked off the puck

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Those small guys really need to play with a chip on their shoulder to succeed in the NHL. St.Louis was waived before he got his shit together. Tyler Johnson went undrafted and got his shit together. Gaudreau was a 3rd round pick.

Tedenby was a 1st rounder that got treated like a king all the way to the NHL. reality punched him in the face and he never really recovered. It'll be interesting to see how he's faced his troubles back in sweden because he was very talented.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love t-bone. him and doug brown were my favorite devils growing up but i think there are better goalie coaches out there to be honest.

New Jersey Devils retain Terreri as goaltending coach | FOX Sports

Yeah, but really wtf is a goalie coach going to do for a guy like Schneider? What do goalie coaches do exactly? It's not like they have a system and style of play they need to enact. Keep the puck out of the net, play the angles, that's about it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i agree with that 100%

i can see the argument when you have a young goalie and hes being taught by a legend. at some point though what do you really need the goalie coach for?

the learning curve t-bone can teach someone like kinkaid isn't much. a player like cory? please i would say to chris get out of here if he tried to teach me something

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, but really wtf is a goalie coach going to do for a guy like Schneider? What do goalie coaches do exactly? It's not like they have a system and style of play they need to enact. Keep the puck out of the net, play the angles, that's about it.

Same reason guys like Tiger Woods and Roger Federer need coaches - There are some things you don't realize you do while playing and the coaches are there to notice it.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably up there with hitting coaches in baseball. Do they have any great impact on the game? No. Do they watch the games and film and maybe catch something you don't see on the ice? Yeah, if they're good at what they do. In short, they can help make small adjustments, but they can't win games.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probably up there with hitting coaches in baseball. Do they have any great impact on the game? No. Do they watch the games and film and maybe catch something you don't see on the ice? Yeah, if they're good at what they do. In short, they can help make small adjustments, but they can't win games.

Ya, to add a bit: A goalie coach is very important but as long as they know what they are doing it doesn't really matter whether they are a big name or not.