• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching is the biggest problem

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this team does just boggles my mind.

1. We can run on the edge. Receivers and tight ends are good run blockers and we have speed at the running back position with Folston and Atkinson. Let the athletes get into space. Why the hell does T.J. Jones a receiver get the only handoffs on the edge? Why the hell are we running straight up the gut when they have 7 plus guys in the box?

2. Tommy is pretty accurate in the pocket when throwing in the middle of the field. He is not good throwing sideline balls or while on the run. Why call plays where he throws on the run and why the hell doesn't Tommy know his deficiencies?

3. Why do we hardly use play action passing? when we did it worked

4. Why do we use the empty set at all? Does everyone need to know Tommy is throwing?

5. Why must we throw on first down? an incompletion puts us at a huge disadvantage because then the defense knows we will more than likely be throwing on 2nd and 3rd down.

6. Why are we throwing the ball on 2nd and short? Seems to me that it is automatic this team throws the ball on 2nd and short when they should in reality run the ball.

7. Why can't the coaches just play to our strengths on offense?

Defense:

Why aren't we playing until the whistle? Shembo causes a fumble and nobody figures out the play isn't dead. You are taught to pick or dive on any loose ball if the whistle blows or not. There is no excuse for that.

Are we even working on tackling in practice? It surely doesn't show up in the game

Why isn't the younger DB's getting reps instead of Jackson and Farley? Those 2 are always on the field and are huge liabilities. Let the younger guys get some experience. They both are constantly burned and both can't tackle so what good are they?

Why the hell is the secondary made up of X receivers and running backs? Russell, Jackson, Collinsworth, and Farley (the starting secondary) weren't even recruited to be on defense. Why the hell aren't actual DB's being developed?

Special teams:

there is nothing good about this whole entire unit. How the hell does the special teams coach still have a job. The only good thing about special teams is our FG kicker is clutch when the game is on the line. Other than that...........everything is worthless and laughable.

Man, the more and more I think about it this team just sucks for the talent they have. Their talent level is more than anyone they play for the most part minus the QB. I give Kelly credit for recruiting but the development for some of these guys is behind. The biggest coaching deficiency is that we are putting our players into positions to succeed. You are suppose to play to your personal's abilities and not inabilities. Example Tommy Rees throwing on the run. He can't fucking throw on the run so why do you design damn plays where he throws on the run?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I just read, this points to one thing. COACHING!!!!!!!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell hasn't been terrible this year. The defense would probably be just as good without Jackson or Farley on the field and playing down two guys. I completely agree with you on the play calling on offense, what the hell are these guys thinking. Stop putting all your hopes in a guy that should be starting for a MAC school at best.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to think this to. Kelly is starting to look like a avg coach. I give him a pass this year because we went to the NCG last year, lost our starting QB and had a lot of injuries this year but no excuses next year. We can't lose these type of games anymore. Its getting pathetic.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stated bb. There have been numerous occasions where I have felt BK has been outcoached by no name coaches. Kelly has recruited well but cracks are showing in his ability to retain. I don't think BK has what it takes to win a title.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly has been outcoached in most games this year. His refusal to ignore the strengths and weaknesses of his team is maddening. The sign of a good coach is one that changes to match the abilities of his players and ultimately put them in positions to succeed.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly has been outcoached in most games this year. His refusal to ignore the strengths and weaknesses of his team is maddening. The sign of a good coach is one that changes to match the abilities of his players and ultimately put them in positions to succeed.

Maddening is putting it mildly, at least to me it is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im also sick of watching a avg offense. He came here because of his offense. Get your shit together Kelly. I back you but its starting to get tough to back you. Get the job done. We better look better next year.

I just don't like how he doesn't play young players after they have good games like Folston, and C. Robinson. Play them

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not playing Folston is mind boggling, of course continuing to play Farley is equally mind boggling.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with a lot of what has been said on the other hand starting all over again with unknown makes me nervous. I had issues with Holtz last few years too but I have seen what came after him and was not pretty. I would just like to see us play year with talent at QB level and see what happens.
Have QB that can run changes how D looks at you. The injuries on D this year have been mind boggling.

Here are my issues > I do not think we know what are on O we a running team set up the pass or passing team sets up the run? What was said above how many times this year have we thrown on less than two yards even on second down.

Have we ever gone after a punt ever???

How can the d backfield play so poorly this year is beyond me. We make Jackson a captain and what happens. If you would have ask me the start of the season a area of strength I would have said the d backfield.

Atiknson I just have to wonder if he scared when running the ball back on kick offs? With his speed do you not run full out and see the holes open or is that me. Carilisle inability to catch the ball is unreal I thought that was his MO from USC.

One thing that Kelly said that has really made sense to me it is the little things you do that make you a good football team. This team has done the opposite it all those little things they do not do to costs them the game. Drop passes, miss assingments, poor tackling, bad penalities at critical times, not playing up to your talents, playing scared, throwing picks, constantly letting time run out (drives me crazy), play calling that you scratch your head, kick off coverage we can go on and on so much reminds me of team in Wies last year except they had very good QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it is starting to look like a Wies team. that what scares me. I think players are starting not to listen to the Coaching staff or Kelly himself.