• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Changes

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can't. You absolutely can't.

I know. I worded that wrong. AFTER THE FACT I can handle losing. I get over it in a couple days. But blowout losses stays with me...

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only coach I don't like is the fony balony strengths coach Dobson

back in the day TO would frequent the weight room and make note of those that were in serious trainin --and he would play them over the slackers and wannabees

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day, TO would let them Peter boys take this....

steroid-needle.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drugs?! Heck no, sir. It's just a little liquid spinach is all.......

Everyone is doin' it......

popeye.png

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to juice if I could afford it

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coaching changes would I make?

Don't worry Tomhusker I'mm not going after Bo. That would be stupid and ignorant right? :D

First and foremost all changes need to be proven experienced coaches. Nebraska has been a training ground for coaches with no NCAA let alone BCS experience and coordinators with no experience and very little college coaching experience. The consequences of this are especially evident in our blow outs where experienced coaches have dismantled our staff.

1) Beck - second year OC / quartebacks coach, previous 3 years @ Nebraska running backs coach. Other experience, Kansas WRcoach, HC 3 high school, OC Misouri State,GA Kstate ---------- Allow to grow into job. Hire an experienced QB coach AND TEACH BECK WE ARE A RUN ORIENTED TEAM.

Papuchus - First year Defensive Coordinator, Fifth year @ Nebraska,Previous duties - Defensive Line/Defensive Ends, Special Teams. Other experience 04-07 GA LSU, 01-03 GA KAnsas --------- This is one of the biggest mistakes Pelini has made when he made Papuchis DC. He just does not have the knowledge to do this job and our special teams has taken a big hit with him not involved there. ------Would not fire him, not his fault he is in this position. Play calling has not been too bad considering his lack of experience and lack of developed talent. He needs known developers on the line and in strength and conditioning. May be an excellent DC one day but right now he is one of our coaching students.

James DObson - 4 years Head Strength Coach Nebraska - Prior Experience Iowa Asst Strength Coach 9 years, SMU Asst Strength Coach 2 years - He must go, we are consistently blown off both lines. He in his own words was brought in to make a physically dominant line. He has not done that. Has good rapport with players though, need to put someone in here that the players will connect with.

Cotton - 5 years asst. HC/Offensive Line. Prior experience ISU and 2003 under Solich. Though his bio is impressive we have had nothing but anemic O lines. Could be him, could be Dobson but as asst. HC if Dobson prevented him from doing his job he needed to address it. Needs to go. I place him and Dobson at the top of the list to replace.

Kaz - First year Nebraska, has a respectable history at Iowa. Prior to that several D2/3 schools and GA at S. Carolina and Iowa (all offense).---------- I like Kaz and feel sorry for him. Development here is non-existent. He inherited a lazy ineffective line. We are juggling positions to deal with injuries because we don't have any players that are ready to start. I have coached rec teams with no players and I know that look on his face he had Saturday night. He knew what he needed to do, he just didn't have anyone to do it. Give him the players I think he will do good things.

Els - Has more collegiate experience than probably anyone on this team though not BCS. Lots of time under Solich.------- I don't think he is the problem on our line. He definitely needs to be replaced at special teams.

Joseph - Love him, need more guys like this.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coaching changes would I make?

Don't worry Tomhusker I'mm not going after Bo. That would be stupid and ignorant right? :D

First and foremost all changes need to be proven experienced coaches. Nebraska has been a training ground for coaches with no NCAA let alone BCS experience and coordinators with no experience and very little college coaching experience. The consequences of this are especially evident in our blow outs where experienced coaches have dismantled our staff.

i would say that bo promoted papuchis knowing that he was going to be making the defensive calls. not sure if that is good or not, but that's how i see it.

as far as dobson, i feel like he is successful with some players and not with others. i don't have much knowledge of S&C, but i would say our lines have not been impressive at all, whereas our skill position players have made great strides. players like Kenny Bell and Abdullah seem to have gotten much stronger from last year, but the lines haven't gone anywhere. not sure what the problem is there, but it should be looked at.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, regarding Papuchis though I do think he intends to loosen the reigns with time and experience.
I think the greatest damage in this promotion though was to our special teams.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is wisco had to pull rabbits out of there ass to beat us. fuck them no class no honor. I know i know if you dont want them to score dont let them but honestly it was just cheap but it got results had Nebraska done that I would be exstatic

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times can they run the same play successfully before it's no longer pulling a rabbit out the hat and becomes just plain getting your ass handed to you on a platter.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes you are right but when you have to focus on tripple reverses and all that a simple dive makes it look like you are new to the game. It was a hell of a game plan i will give them that but it was just cheap to me. Line up play football.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps we could hire a QB coach this off season. I'm a huge fan of Ganz, but he's a fucking grad assistant. We put a safety at QB and don't have a professional coach to talk to him on the sideline.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Taylor was bad by any means this season. He surpassed most husker fan expectations. But his biggest improvements were made working with a coach that he hired himself in the off season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Big Red Wrap Up right now.......

These guys make some good points. How do you really put a finger on who to fire in a 10 win (possibly 11) year? How much stock can you put into 3 losses?

If you start firing guys from a staff that wins 10 games in the regular season, what kinda coach is even going to want to join this staff knowing that they could go at any time?

They don't feel like anyone should be fired this season.