• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got screwed like usually. The good thing is if we Finish 11-1 there are a lot of other teams that will lose. Northwestern, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas AM, and either FSU or Clemson. We want Clemson to win. Thats 5 right there. So we need a couple of other teams to lose now. I think Ole Miss will lose again. Hopefully bama.

I do think 11-1 gets us in just tougher to do at 15th instead of 10-12 spot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty shitty poll if you ask me. I don't get how any team can drop 9 spots for losing to another highly ranked team by 2 points. I was thinking we would be 11 or 12

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty shitty poll if you ask me. I don't get how any team can drop 9 spots for losing to another highly ranked team by 2 points. I was thinking we would be 11 or 12
On the road, Yea I thought 10-12. Its a Joke. I think its because we don't play in a conference and coaches don't like that. Its just funny that its ok that Ole miss and bama got smoked in a game.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we were over-rated going into the game and probably so did most of the voters. potential is there but the team is uncoordinated and has a poor coach who has proven over and over he can't manage on the field. including all the injuries i'm not sure we're a top 20 team at all.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we were over-rated going into the game and probably so did most of the voters. potential is there but the team is uncoordinated and has a poor coach who has proven over and over he can't manage on the field. including all the injuries i'm not sure we're a top 20 team at all.
Thats fine but its still a better loss then what Bama and Ole Miss showed. They got blown out. We at least kept close. Its just like last year we lost to #1 team on the last play and we fell 10 spots. No other team would fell that far.

I honestly think its because coaches don't like that we don't play in a conference so they punish us in the Polls. The good news this Poll means crap. So lets hope the real Poll has us better. we beat navy and USC we should easily be in the Top 10 and that will give us a chance with half a season left to get into the Top 4. I really want Clemson to win out because a 1 loss Clemson team will get in over us.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love how the AP puts Notre Dame in a good spot for all this time... then when Notre Dame looses ON THE ROAD against now the #6 team in the Country.. they move down 6 spots #APLogic SEC...

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we are

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've said they've got plenty of time to move back up the rankings if they keep winning, one more loss and they can kiss their playoff hopes good bye.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a beauty contest and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes we benefit, sometimes we don't.

The polls come out roughly 12 hours after the last games are played. We should factor in sleep time too, I don't expect that every voter is staying up all night to cast their vote, but even if some do, how long do you think it'd take to objectively characterize every game in the top 25 and then rank them accordingly for each and every voter?

Here, just look at this quote: "Last night Clemson beat an overrated Notre Dame team (as if there's any other kind) in college football's game of the week."

By Gavin Evans

ESPN Cuts Off Clemson HC's Postgame Speech, Gives Awkward Live Look-In of SportsCenter Anchors, Makes People Mad

We all know there's plenty of love or hate towards ND, but this is a story about Swinney's press conference being cut off. So how is the quote applicable to the story? It's not. It's a personal opinion injected in piece of fact. And what is he inferring with "as if there's any other kind."? Ooo ooo ooo pick me Mr. Kott-er!! It's because he's a hater and therefore anytime ND is ranked, they're over-rated.

This is far too frequent from today's "journalists" and it reeks of personal bias. Bias I get, we all have our schemas. But your job is to be objective, not insert your opinions. Same as the Voters. But take a guess at how often that's ignored? Take a look at the poll, you'll see. I hadn't seen the Polls before looking at this thread. I knew OSU would still be #1 and sure enough as I scrolled stories it stared me in the face. That's got to be some bias there because no way does OSU stay #1 if they hadn't first been #1, but that still doesn't mean they should be ranked #1, especially by way of their play. FSU got bumped from #1 last year, so the precedent has been set (I don't think it's the first time but it is rare for a #1 to lose their ranking while also not losing).

One day, the human component will be removed but until then, take it for what it is... garbage in, garbage out.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how in College Football if you get 2 losses you are OUT but in NFL you get like 3 or 4 or even 5 losses and you are still in... Hey College Football Playoff committee change the playoff to 8 teams please

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just once I'd love to see a team barely lose to #1 and #2 but beat everyone else and not get in over some team with only 1 loss but hasn't beaten a top 25 team or something similar to that. Would just illustrate the silliness of this format.

I think 8 is about right too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still shocked that Bama is ahead of Ole Miss and Florida. College football loves Bama and favors them all the time. Its Ok for Bama to get blown out but not ok for another team to lose by to on the road against a top team. If ND was Bama I would put money on it Bama would still be in the Top 10 if they lost to Clemson.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all shocked we dropped that far? The only respect ND gets is when they are undefeated. Once they lose, they drop. The hate for ND is real folks. Look at last yr at FSU....