• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll released

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the 2-3 losses but not on them being top ten. I think Oregon, Washington, and Tennessee are all better. I think the way they ended last season coupled with what their team is going into this year bumps them out until we play games and they can prove otherwise

Oregon, Washington, and Tennessee may be better teams, but it all comes down to scheduling. Right now the highest rated team on Clemson's schedule is Florida St followed by ND. The rest of their schedule has a few teams that could be good (UNC, Miami). They really don't have anyone that is a legit threat to be a playoff team (although maybe someone will surprise me).

Washington, Oregon, and Tennessee schedules are FILLED with legit playoff threat teams. Georgia, Bama, USC, Utah, even Oregon St looks like they could shock the world, plus Washington and Oregon play each other. Heck even Florida and T A&M have some potential of being spoilers this year. I just don't think there is enough room in the top 10 for two Pac 12 teams Oregon and Washington by season's end, especially when you throw in USC and even possibly Oregon St in the mix. On top of that, I don't think Tennessee can get through their gauntlet of a schedule and remain in the top 10 either (although they look really good).

Oregon, Washington, and Tennessee are going to have a MUCH tougher time staying in the top 10 then Clemson will. Clemson should easily win their conference, but that's not saying much about the ACC this year. The Pac12 actually looks quite good this year. The SEC is absolutely loaded.

I'd be pretty shocked if all three of those teams are ranked above Clemson by season's end, even if they have better teams, simply because of their schedules.

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise team of the year will be Maryland. Notre Dame will be the biggest disappointment of the year.