• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Of The Year nominees

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn has had higher recruiting classes, but they don't have a player as talented as Seastrunk, and Baylor has talent all over the offense. However, Baylor has literally not beaten a single good team this year. I mean, not even like .500 in a BCS conference so they're maybe somewhat halfway decent. The Big 12 is bad this year, and Baylor has only beaten the worst of the worst at this point. If they can run the table and both OU and Tech can win out, then he'll be in the discussion, but right now Malzahn is clearly in the driver's seat.
-
Basing this on the information we have. It is why I have multiple options. At this pt of the season there is still a lot of meat on the bone.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Basing this on the information we have. It is why I have multiple options. At this pt of the season there is still a lot of meat on the bone.

Absolutely there is. We're gonna see what Baylor is made of with their next 3 games, even though both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State had losses on their records to bad unranked teams.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely there is. We're gonna see what Baylor is made of with their next 3 games, even though both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State had losses on their records to bad unranked teams.
WV is an ugly loss. I dont think Texas is a bad loss. Very talented team capable of beating a lot of teams in the top 25. Just so inconsistent. Probably on of the scariest teams to play in the country, because if you win nobody cares and if you lose it is considered a bad loss. Nothing worse than playing talented under-achievers. Just no upside to playing them

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn has had higher recruiting classes, but they don't have a player as talented as Seastrunk, and Baylor has talent all over the offense. However, Baylor has literally not beaten a single good team this year. I mean, not even like .500 in a BCS conference so they're maybe somewhat halfway decent. The Big 12 is bad this year, and Baylor has only beaten the worst of the worst at this point. If they can run the table and both OU and Tech can win out, then he'll be in the discussion, but right now Malzahn is clearly in the driver's seat.

Yes they do. Plug Corey Grant into Baylors offense and he tears that shit up. jmo.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with Malzahn right now.

Kinda sucks for Nick Saban, once he created this monster everything we do is kind of expected now, so he's nothing special anymore..lol.

Saban is coach of the decade....

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'd think OR St's Mike Riley should at least be a nominee. Yes, the Beavers lost their opener to (Top 3 FCS)EWU. EWU is a better and tougher team than most bottom FBS teams that AQ teams play and occasionally lose to. OR St is already bowl eligible and almost beat Stanford again. Considering all the pundits and publications predicted OR St to finish at the bottom of the PAC 12 preseason, they'll likely finish in the top half, probably 3 or 4th. Mike Riley has to make the most of lesser talented athletes as OR St isn't a "name" that kids grow up wanting to play at. Very classy coach that considers other coaches and assistants on the staff as important enough to give them pay raises before giving himself an increase. :clap:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant lose to an fcs team and be considered COY imo Webby,

Love Coach Riley and he is great for CFB.

9 wins last year, 2 losses already one to EWU. So if they win out that is only 1 win over last year.

And they still have Oregon. So most likely at best 9 wins. Thats best case.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech and Baylor are both about to see if their seasons are worth anything.

Combined they played the dregs of the league PLUS as many FCS teams as legally allowed.

The only Big 12 team in the top half they played combined is OKLAHOMA.

And it was a Red Raiders loss.

Kingsbury and Briles have played an embarrassingly soft schedule.

If they can start beating Oklahoma, OSU, and Texas then they deserve more chatter.

For now, lets not annoit them as geniuses for beating the worst of the worst.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the OP?
oregon-ducks-fans-2013-570x380.jpg

I picture OD looking like that guy on the front right!

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown
Bo Pelini
Lane Kiffin

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picture OD looking like that guy on the front right!

the guy on the left in the green has the facial expression I picture OD making...

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be these top 5 on the list:

Kliff Kingsbury
Mark Helfrich
Jimbo Fisher
Art Briles
Al Golden