• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Of The Year nominees

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden for cfb CEO of the year.

To even have them competitive let alone undefeated with the shit storm they have gone through.....

Very impressive.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden for cfb CEO of the year.

To even have them competitive let alone undefeated with the shit storm they have gone through.....

Very impressive.

I guess that's true, but I think FSU is legitimately back. Miami's headed for a buzzsaw. I don't know if they have the right personalities to bounce back afterward.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's true, but I think FSU is legitimately back. Miami's headed for a buzzsaw. I don't know if they have the right personalities to bounce back afterward.

ya, they are going to get skull drug i am thinkin. None the less. Golden has done a fantastic job and stuck through some terrible shit while coaching Miami.

Took that job, never wavered while he waited 3 years for sanctions to be levied. Self imposed bans, skolly redux, and has a team that has no business being ranked #7 in the country

WOW Golden...:yahoo:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with Malzahn right now.

Kinda sucks for Nick Saban, once he created this monster everything we do is kind of expected now, so he's nothing special anymore..lol.

I'm sure it would hurt his feelings, if he had any.

:happy:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Curtis Johnson on this list. List is invalid.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art Briles so far. I mean, he's winning at freakin Baylor for fuck's sake. Waco, TX fucking sux. Kingsbury and TTECH will have 3-4 more losses before the season is over.

He played only mid-majors in OOC and his conference schedule has consisted of 4 of the 5 worst teams in the Big 12. He's faced 1 team with a winning record out of their 7 games and that was Buffalo. Meanwhile, Malzahn is taking a team that was garbage last year and is beating teams like Texas A&M and Ole Miss. He's the clear cut winner over Briles at this point and it's not close.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CUM
Saban
Briles
Malzahn
Pinkel
Fisher

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played only mid-majors in OOC and his conference schedule has consisted of 4 of the 5 worst teams in the Big 12. He's faced 1 team with a winning record out of their 7 games and that was Buffalo. Meanwhile, Malzahn is taking a team that was garbage last year and is beating teams like Texas A&M and Ole Miss. He's the clear cut winner over Briles at this point and it's not close.
-
I little bit of hyperbole here. Auburn actually has talent. They just quit last yr. Auburn is more talented than Baylor, but it is still early and more information is coming. Briles, Malzahn, Golden, Kingsbury and Pinkel all have to be in the discussion. I would add George O'Leary at UCF also.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer
Tim DeRuyter
Jumbo Fisher
Kliff Kingsbury
Tony Levine
Gary Pinkel
Al Golden
Mark Helfrich
Rod Carey
Art Briles

Kind of surprised to see Levine mentioned, though he is potentially a legitimate candidate. For him to end up warranting even consideration I suppose UH needs to win the rest of its games, including at UCF and at Louisville in Weeks 11 and 12, respectively. That figures to be a tough task, particularly given that we will rely on two freshman QBs to get it done.

Also, if anyone watches USF at UH tomorrow night, keep an eye on #49, LB Derrick Mathews. He'll be easy to spot if you simply follow the ball. Probably a bit too small to play LB in the NFL, but he has been a very good college player for three years now. He nearly won the BYU game for us with three sacks, including two on consecutive plays, the second of which was a safety, and a pick-six.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Fisher included because he is finally having a year where FSU isn't taking one of their top 5 recruiting classes and doing absolutely nothing of note on the field with them?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this thread had come out last week I would have voted for Pinkel but its not a given he will even make it to the SEC Championship game now. He has a very good shot but it does appear to be an uphill battle.

Art Briles on paper looks great but Baylor is about to turn to a new chapter in the book of 2013 and his story may change dramatically.

I almost have to agree with Coda in that while Malzahn has done a fantastic job Auburn does have talent and this season might be more of a testament of how horrible Chizik was. At this point I think there is no doubt that all of Auburn's success under Chizik was Malzahn's and he should turn the coach of the year trophies he received back in.

If Jimbo can run the table he should win hands down and would deserve it. If he stumbles then he doesn't deserve it for him it is all or nothing.

There is just too much football left to be played.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I little bit of hyperbole here. Auburn actually has talent. They just quit last yr. Auburn is more talented than Baylor, but it is still early and more information is coming. Briles, Malzahn, Golden, Kingsbury and Pinkel all have to be in the discussion. I would add George O'Leary at UCF also.

Auburn has had higher recruiting classes, but they don't have a player as talented as Seastrunk, and Baylor has talent all over the offense. However, Baylor has literally not beaten a single good team this year. I mean, not even like .500 in a BCS conference so they're maybe somewhat halfway decent. The Big 12 is bad this year, and Baylor has only beaten the worst of the worst at this point. If they can run the table and both OU and Tech can win out, then he'll be in the discussion, but right now Malzahn is clearly in the driver's seat.