• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney Prefers Falcons

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got this off the general board, but apparently Clowney prefers to play for Atlanta. Wouldn't deter me if I was the Rams management from drafting him, but admittedly it does open the possibility of negotiating a trade of huge proportions if he's still available at #2 and Atlanta wants a player "happy" to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this off the general board, but apparently Clowney prefers to play for Atlanta. Wouldn't deter me if I was the Rams management from drafting him, but admittedly it does open the possibility of negotiating a trade of huge proportions if he's still available at #2 and Atlanta wants a player "happy" to be there.

Yeah Clowney said that at the combined. Does he realize Houston has the 1st pick lol?? :LI think he should be saying he wants to go there.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also declined the rest of the workout at the combine, declaring a hip flexor. Apparently that had some of his critics pointing to that as more evidence of his inconsistency and lack of motivation. I've been a proponent of drafting this guy, but I'll admit he doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the box at this point. Can't help but let some doubt creep in after more info comes out. Thankfully there is a lot of time before the draft, and there are pro days still coming up. Looks like Bridgewater didn't impress either, so those were the two guys I was high on. Proves what the heck I know eh? Still doesn't mean they won't be great pros, but they just aren't as "sparkling" now as they were before the combine.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the hip flexor was fine, that was NFL Network speculation. He basically said he prepared for the 40-yard and hadn't focused on the other stuff so he'd just let the scouts come to him at the pro day. Honestly, its not going to hurt his stock so it doesn't really matter.

About Atlanta, he said he wants to stay close to home and play for a good team. Atlanta isn't far from home and they have been successful in recent years. I can't say I blame him, I think I'd want to go there too.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the hip flexor was fine, that was NFL Network speculation. He basically said he prepared for the 40-yard and hadn't focused on the other stuff so he'd just let the scouts come to him at the pro day. Honestly, its not going to hurt his stock so it doesn't really matter.

About Atlanta, he said he wants to stay close to home and play for a good team. Atlanta isn't far from home and they have been successful in recent years. I can't say I blame him, I think I'd want to go there too.

i think it also said he wanted to be with some of his former gamecock brothers.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Red, I had forgotten that part. I watched the interview live at the time so its been a few days since I've seen it.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go into more depth, Atlanta is just a 4 hour drive from Rock Hill, SC, where Clowney is originally from. That's a pretty easy trip for family and friends to come see him play or for him to go back for a visit. Only team that would be closer is Carolina but pending a huge trade that's not feasible.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go into more depth, Atlanta is just a 4 hour drive from Rock Hill, SC, where Clowney is originally from. That's a pretty easy trip for family and friends to come see him play or for him to go back for a visit. Only team that would be closer is Carolina but pending a huge trade that's not feasible.

especially since their LT just retired :omg:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good player, at least in college he was? I personally think he is immature and will be nothing but a headache for anyone who takes him. He has a huge ego, which isn't all bad, and he had those two speeding tickets. They weren't just a little over either can you imagine what he is going to do when he has some money, he will never keep his Ferrari under the speed limit!

Plus the fact, we don't need him! We need offense first and foremost period, whether its a Olineman or WR I don't care!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the mess and excitement around speeding tickets. I've gone a lot faster than he was going and I just didn't get caught. Lots of high school and college kids drive too fast. Where I went to high school a license isn't considered "broken in" until you've hit triple digits. I chalk it up to dumb kids, myself included.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think outside the box a little... Do the Falcons have enough picks to trade after the Julio farm trade?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think outside the box a little... Do the Falcons have enough picks to trade after the Julio farm trade?

What would satisfy the Rams on a trade? If Atlanta offered their 6th pick and a 1st next year, I think the Rams would probably take that. They could still get a great player with the 6th pick, and gain a 1st rounder next season. I'm not really familiar with the way they measure value of picks though. May even be worth more than that, especially in light of the fact that Clowney wants to play for Atlanta.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there a 1,000 point difference between the 2 and 6 pick. Not sure how they calculate value on future picks.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Houston takes Clowney #1 when it's draft day. None of these QB's should be taken over Clowney. Clowney with JJ Watt keeping him motivated and playing hard should be a crazy tandem. Then the rams will have all the QB's up for trade. Don't forget about Oakland they need a QB too and should offer the rams a first next year along with their second this year. The rams really want that pick next year so they can get a QB if needed. And Oakland's pick next year more then likely will be too 10. At pick 5 the Rams are pretty much guareenteed their choice of Robinson, Watkins, Mack

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trading with the Raiders and getting Oakland's #1 next year! Raiders have the toughest strength of schedule next year and their pick should be in the top 3. They have to play the Broncos, Chiefs, and Chargers twice along with playing the NFC West.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Houston takes Clowney #1 when it's draft day. None of these QB's should be taken over Clowney. Clowney with JJ Watt keeping him motivated and playing hard should be a crazy tandem. Then the rams will have all the QB's up for trade. Don't forget about Oakland they need a QB too and should offer the rams a first next year along with their second this year. The rams really want that pick next year so they can get a QB if needed. And Oakland's pick next year more then likely will be too 10. At pick 5 the Rams are pretty much guareenteed their choice of Robinson, Watkins, Mack

That would be a great scenario Cougar. Oakland is one of the more dysfunctional franchises in the league, so they just might be willing to be taken advantage of if they want their choice of QB badly enough.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams drop to #5, then the Browns will take Watkins at 4. That is every impression I get from Browns insiders.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams drop to #5, then the Browns will take Watkins at 4. That is every impression I get from Browns insiders.

man its going to be tough for them to pass on a QB. But even if they take Watkins there will be a stud at 5. hell if I'm the rams I'm trying to trade back at 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the mess and excitement around speeding tickets. I've gone a lot faster than he was going and I just didn't get caught. Lots of high school and college kids drive too fast. Where I went to high school a license isn't considered "broken in" until you've hit triple digits. I chalk it up to dumb kids, myself included.

I'm just saying, once he gets his money and buys something a little, or alot more powerful than his Crysler300 he will be driving faster than he was. And even though you have done it, doesn't make it right, you are putting other people's lives at risk. He has shown a pattern of doing it, obviously he didn't learn the first tIne he got stopped.

You know dam well he will be buying a Ferrari, lamborgini, or whatever when he gets his payday, it is a diaster waiting to happen!

I've hit triple digits in mt life, but I "knew" where to do it, evidently he doesn't ave a clue

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, once he gets his money and buys something a little, or alot more powerful than his Crysler300 he will be driving faster than he was. And even though you have done it, doesn't make it right, you are putting other people's lives at risk. He has shown a pattern of doing it, obviously he didn't learn the first tIne he got stopped.

You know dam well he will be buying a Ferrari, lamborgini, or whatever when he gets his payday, it is a diaster waiting to happen!

I've hit triple digits in mt life, but I "knew" where to do it, evidently he doesn't ave a clue

Well hopefully they will put an.. "if im a dumbass and get stupid" clause in his contract. I know they did with Jenkins. Tends to help them stay out of trouble.