• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clint or Paul?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard on the team, the starting QB will be Millard or Trickett. Does this mean Ford will start against OU?

I just don't have that warm fuzzy feeling about Millard.

BXIIeer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard Millard had a great week of practice and probabley will get the starting nod against W&M. I'm not too worried with any of the QB's I think we rely heavy on the run to start off the season.

Lets Goooooo!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this may be one of our most balanced teams we have had....I hope to see a lot of that diamond formation this year, get the best players on the field. Work out the kinks this weekend and get ready for Oklahoma.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgs was talking about playing both against W&M. So I'd expect Ford will start...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Childress, this season is going to be a total loss with no bowl game, so why not get the young guy used to action for next year?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a FORD instead?

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this Maryland lack luster offense with Childress, if Dana starts Childress, then he is cashing in this season in an attempt to develop 'his' QB for the future. WVU is young on offense but I wasn't impress with Childress's performance against Georgia State and even less impressed with some of his decisions today. I guess I'm expecting too much out of a red shirt Freshman. Hopefully he will improve in time, but for now I'm very skeptical.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree mad2mc, but in his defense, the present offensive line doesn't appear to be capable of picking up assignments, receiver running inaccurate routes and even when they do, not being capable of catching the ball. It just seems unimaginable that we can be so bad. I can accept losing, but not in this manner. I wasn't all that impressed with Maryland before today. Now I'm left wondering, is Maryland that good, or are we just plain that bad? The repetitive nature of some of these mistakes are very very disconcerning, even with the youthful nature of this team. Good athletes don't make these many mistakes, bad players do.

I want to give DH the benefit of the doubt, but most of these kids are now his recruits, the players he said he needed. Why are they doing so poorly? Is it that they don't respect the teacher. Ultimately the leadership of any team comes from the coach, and he has to inspire stability in his teaching. For whatever the problem, his message is falling on deaf ears, and we can ill afford this type of play as a member of the Big 12, we ain't in the Big Least anymore.

His extreme manner and temper tantrums on the sidelines may have worked in years gone by, when players didn't feel so entitled to be treated as Pro's right out of high school, but these kids today think they are ready for the NFL, before they take a snap, and when they perceive that their coach isn't up to the task, they ignore him, play a very disinterest style, and could care less about defeats. Look at the sidelines next game. Watch the "who cares" attitudes of the players NOT on the field. It is clear, these players have zero respect for the coach.

Luck has got to be concerned, because he knows full well that his plan will not succeed in the Big 12 without winning, and we do not have the chemistry yet to be a week in, week out, winning caliber team. There will be differences of opinions from our fan base, no doubt, but if this current trend of lackluster performance continues, there will be a calling for change, from the top down. I was concerned when DH waited until just days before the season opened to name a starting Quarterback, and now I see why. We don't really have a stand up guy yet. I know it can come from experience, but at what cost are we to endure that growth? A 2-10 season is harmful, on any level of sports, and that is a real possibility given our remaining schedule, with performances like today.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree mad2mc, but in his defense, the present offensive line doesn't appear to be capable of picking up assignments, receiver running inaccurate routes and even when they do, not being capable of catching the ball. It just seems unimaginable that we can be so bad. I can accept losing, but not in this manner. I wasn't all that impressed with Maryland before today. Now I'm left wondering, is Maryland that good, or are we just plain that bad? The repetitive nature of some of these mistakes are very very disconcerning, even with the youthful nature of this team. Good athletes don't make these many mistakes, bad players do.

I want to give DH the benefit of the doubt, but most of these kids are now his recruits, the players he said he needed. Why are they doing so poorly? Is it that they don't respect the teacher. Ultimately the leadership of any team comes from the coach, and he has to inspire stability in his teaching. For whatever the problem, his message is falling on deaf ears, and we can ill afford this type of play as a member of the Big 12, we ain't in the Big Least anymore.

His extreme manner and temper tantrums on the sidelines may have worked in years gone by, when players didn't feel so entitled to be treated as Pro's right out of high school, but these kids today think they are ready for the NFL, before they take a snap, and when they perceive that their coach isn't up to the task, they ignore him, play a very disinterest style, and could care less about defeats. Look at the sidelines next game. Watch the "who cares" attitudes of the players NOT on the field. It is clear, these players have zero respect for the coach.

Luck has got to be concerned, because he knows full well that his plan will not succeed in the Big 12 without winning, and we do not have the chemistry yet to be a week in, week out, winning caliber team. There will be differences of opinions from our fan base, no doubt, but if this current trend of lackluster performance continues, there will be a calling for change, from the top down. I was concerned when DH waited until just days before the season opened to name a starting Quarterback, and now I see why. We don't really have a stand up guy yet. I know it can come from experience, but at what cost are we to endure that growth? A 2-10 season is harmful, on any level of sports, and that is a real possibility given our remaining schedule, with performances like today.

Jim, as you know, I do not and have not liked Holgorsen as our coach. I did not like the way he was hired, OR the way he was promoted. I do not think he wants to be here, he views WVU as a stepping stone, and the recruits and players sense this. The ONLY game I have felt that the coaches got all they could out of the team was against Clemson. Like you say, a 2-10 season ill KILL our football program. Efore has been a distraction and a VERY ineffective coach, every player he coaches gets worse. I think we are in a hard spot right now, as was said in 2010, year three is YOUR year, Holgorsen MUST take ownership of HIS team. Our two wins are against 1AA teams, and we struggled with one of them. Todays game was unacceptable, and anyone who says different is a fool. The kids are NOT buying into what they are being coached, for whatever reason. As of right now I see MAYBE two more wins.:omg:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JK

I'm not questioning this move if it should happen, although I have mixed feelings about it. I just expected more out of Childress. To me, Millard had some miscues and bad passes during the Oklahoma game, but to throw a pass out in the flats with the receiver not covered, but blanketed, is inexcusable to me for a redshirt Freshman. His passes were nowhere close to his targets unless they were in red.

If he is the best we have, then I will prepare myself for a long season with the understanding that we have a young offense and developing quarterback. I would expect next season to have a good, not great, team. This would be based off watching a young defense last year materialize into a better defense this year and holding the offense to the same expectations. The O-line played a good game against a good Oklahoma defense but I do not feel they were the entire reason why we lost today. Running lanes were not abundant today but the RBs have to hit the hole flying, not tip-toeing. If the O-line aren't giving the effort, a RB needs to put a helmet in is back. That usually will catch their attention. The RBs are not running with a sense of urgency.

Having said all that, the offense has all new players in the prime positions along the offense, except for the line. They should be leading this offense but for some reason they aren't. I was happy with their effort at OU, but not today or with GSU. They have to pickup the pace.

Dana's demeanor on the sidelines seems fairly typical in college football. For every coach that acts the same way, you can find one who doesn't. Graham, the coach who left Pitt for Arizona State, had a segment on ESPN. He threw a few curse words out there during a practice and one of his players called him 'potty-mouth' to which he replied 'Potty mouth? This is college football!'

As mentioned, his recruits are starting to see the field and I hope Childress's performance is not an indication of things to come. I actually have faith that Dana can change things around within the next 2 seasons. The competition level within the Big XII is higher week in and week out so games like this are necessary victories. I' m ready to chalk this season up to something similar to what we saw when RR cleaned house his first season.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning would suck behind our OLine right now, If they develop we will be ok but they have a long way to go, as does Ford but that young man gets a VERY long leash in my book. He is very young to be starting PLUS he doesn't have protection or much of a run game or smart special teams play to help him out( and to be fair neither did Paul but I think Ford is the better long term choice) because of our soft OLine and soon to be unemployed ST "coach".

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you can't point the finger at any one specific reason for poor play. You have to lay blame on all facets of the game. The defense is improved. Yesterday they were given a short field all day long. But the offense is atrocious. Childress threw lollipop passes, receivers fucked up the routes more than once, the O line is as bad as I have seen in a long time, the running backs and receivers have no real speed, and the team chemistry is zilch. Can't say I have seen a poorer showing from a WV football team in the last 10 years at least. I look on the field and really don't see the talent. The schemes are not much different than Tavon, Geno and Stedman ran for their tenure here. I think we just don't have the talent to execute the plays.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning would suck behind our OLine right now, If they develop we will be ok but they have a long way to go, as does Ford but that young man gets a VERY long leash in my book. He is very young to be starting PLUS he doesn't have protection or much of a run game or smart special teams play to help him out( and to be fair neither did Paul but I think Ford is the better long term choice) because of our soft OLine and soon to be unemployed ST "coach".

Gold, I think they should stick with Childress, and give him as long a leash as he needs to learn the job. This team is a long way from competing with almost anyone left on the schedule. I think this season is a loss, like maybe a 2 win year. SO, I agree with you, get the youngster in there and let him learn. The offense is just not working. There are some really good backs, some decent receivers, and QBs with some ability. Our line is being coached wrong, their stunts and blocking look like they started playing the game yesterday. I think for this team to advance, Holgorsen needs to look in the mirror at himself, and look long and hard at EACH assistant. We were told that this offense was independent of the players, that Holgorsen's system was so great that you could plug in any player and score 50 points a game. Right now, I cant tell what offense we are running, is it Holgorsen's, is it Dawson's, or some bastard mix of the two. I think Efore needs to be gone Monday, he has become a HUGE liability for the team. Yesterday was a step back to the Cignetti days. Fraud had the one bad season, but you could watch a game and see what was being taught, what the objective was. When Nehlen was here, you could tell what was trying to be done, but there was a lack of talent at times. Stewart with Mullen's offense, you could tell what the objective was, but we had backs that dropped the ball all the time. Watching this team I just scratch my head, offensive linemen stunting, but tripping over each other, backs running into the back of two linemen putting on a DT on a Dlineman, receivers dropping numerous passes, fumbles, picks, muffed punts, fielding punts at the five, bringing kick offs out of the endzone getting tackled at the ten. I just shake my head as to what the coaches are teaching the kids. We heard that the players these coaches need are in place and ready?????????????:gaah::wtf2:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel badly for Ford. IMO, everyone associated with the offense hit the panic button and played/called the game in Fear Mode.

The coaches were afraid to let anything loose... of course poor field position didn't help. The OL struggled to stop 5 on 5. They became so conservative.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel badly for Ford. IMO, everyone associated with the offense hit the panic button and played/called the game in Fear Mode.

The coaches were afraid to let anything loose... of course poor field position didn't help. The OL struggled to stop 5 on 5. They became so conservative.
I do NOT understand why there would be any conservative play or calling of plays when your down 30-0, you are already embarassed, so what the hell, 44-0 is not much worse than 37-0 afterall.:noidea:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upon further review (watched the game again) The Line is indeed horrible but to their defense the coaches prob should pick a group and stick with them, way too much rotating imo especially for us being so inexperienced. The play calling is questionable too, looks like (JMO) that our coaches either:
A. Have too much faith in our players and they are letting them down or
B. Have way too big of an ego and think this system is failsafe.

Ill go with A but the play calling is gonna have to be adjusted to about 70/30 run/ pass for awhile imo and keep Childress in manageable situations as much as possible.

On a bright note, our defense knocks the white off your teeth. Im proud of them, very much improved from last years mess. Maybe not a top 10-15 defense in the end but worlds better. Kudos to Patterson and the players putting in the work to get better.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Goldrusher, you are a glutton for punishment. You need a metal for watching that disaster a second time.