• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clearly the Lions need to draft another receiver

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin and a bunch of #4 receivers aren't cutting it.

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins from Clemson or Marquise Lee from USC would be great. Preferably Watkins.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty fucking hands man. Mayhew should get canned if he even thinks of drafting that overrated dude that hasn't played against an actual defense since high school.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude that hasn't played against an actual defense since high school.
Jerry Rice didn't play against any top defenses in college either. Not comparing Lee to Rice, just saying that competition of play doesn't make a player good or not. If they have skills, they have skills.

I would prefer Watkins over any receiver in NCAA right now. Dude is a big body, fast, and strong as shit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit for hands... The lack of any interest in defense in the PacWhatever has led to people confusing him with being a highly talented receiver.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure on money for next year. I would rather see true #2 vet in Detroit. Just not sure who is out there. I just look around the league and think our talent scouts are terrible. So many teams with undrafted and late round WR picks starting and playing well this year.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit for hands..
Do u have any evidence to back up this claim? I've looked for dropped passes stats for NCAA players and came up empty. When I watch him play, that's the last thing I think of is that he has shitty hands. I don't watch every U$C game so I can't comment totally, but I'm just wondering where you drew up your opinion. Is this along the lines of not believing in Sabermetrics?

The lack of any interest in defense in the PacWhatever has led to people confusing him with being a highly talented receiver.
Again, Jerry Rice played against shittier defenses than Lee. Like i said, take that out of the equation. Players with talent will still have talent regardless of their competition.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck does Jerry Rice have to do with Lee being a new West Coast version of Braylon Edwards?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck does Jerry Rice have to do with Lee being a new West Coast version of Braylon Edwards?

I've already said I'm not comparing them. What I'm fucking talking about is that it doesn't matter that Lee faces Pac12 defenses. Rice faced worse defenses. His skills were overshadowed by the competition he faced.

But seriously, do u have any stats to back up your "shit hands" claim? Like I said, I've seen him play but not a ton so I'd like to know if he really does have shit for hands. Bc from what I can tell, he doesn't.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquise Lee from USC

Something about USC WR's that make me nervous. They always look so good in college, then not so much in the NFL. 2 of the top 10 biggest WR busts in the last 15 years are USC WRs. R. Jay Soward was a 1st round pick out of USC and only lasted one year in the NFL. The other.......well, we all know who that is.....Mike Williams.

Then again -- you can't shy away from a player just because of the success rate of those in the past. I really just want to see the Mayhew get the pick right for once when they take a skill player on offense (other than the Stafford pick)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already said I'm not comparing them. What I'm fucking talking about is that it doesn't matter that Lee faces Pac12 defenses. Rice faced worse defenses. His skills were overshadowed by the competition he faced.

But seriously, do u have any stats to back up your "shit hands" claim? Like I said, I've seen him play but not a ton so I'd like to know if he really does have shit for hands. Bc from what I can tell, he doesn't.

I never have links, and I don't really care about stats either. As Aaron knows, I rely on my eyeballs. (You are comparing Rice and Lee btw)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have links, and I don't really care about stats either. As Aaron knows, I rely on my eyeballs. (You are comparing Rice and Lee btw)

So u watch a ton of USC games then eh? Somehow I highly doubt that, unless u have a package for the Pac12 network.

And it must be late as ur reading is lacking. I've already stated I'm not comparing them, but the defenses they've faced. What's so hard to get about that?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse, is a comparative word. Nothing can be "worse" than nothing. There must be something which is better, in order for something to be worse. In this case, you said Rice faced worse competition. Meaning Lee faces better competition. Which is a comparison. And has nothing to do with Lee dropping easy passes, using his body to trap balls rather than use his hands, and being overhyped by the media. I don't see much sense in talking about the greatest receiver in the history of tackle football. Not when the topic was Lee and some other guy who I didn't comment on. (I don't see how my reading was lacking either)

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few points:

1. Lee is actually really talented. The rest of his team isn't.

2. The PAC-12 isn't as weak as you think.

"When the preseason AP Poll was released, it was business as usual:

The SEC had six teams in the Top-25, with all six of those programs in the top 12. Four of the top seven were from the SEC as well. The average ranking for SEC teams in the poll was 6.83.
The Pac-12 had five programs in the Top-25, with only two squads in the top 20 (Oregon and Stanford, at 3 and 4). The average ranking for the West-Coasters was 15.4.

After three weeks of play, things have shifted significantly.

The SEC has seven teams in the Top-25, but the quality of poll position has slipped at the top (aside from Alabama remaining No.1). The overall mean for ranked SEC teams now stands at 11.1, a slip of four to five slots from the preseason.
The Pac-12 still fills five positions in the Top-25, and the conference’s average rank is now 12, an improvement of three spots, placing the Pac-12 and SEC neck-and-neck in the rankings."

taken from an article written in September.

3. SEC vs. PAC-12 regular season: 10-12
SEC vs. PAC-12 bowl games: 1-0
SEC vs. Big 12 regular season: 6-10
SEC vs. Big 12 bowl games: 21-8
SEC vs. ACC regular season: 42-36
SEC vs. ACC bowl games: 16-9
SEC vs. Big 10 regular season: 7-4
SEC vs. Big 10 bowl games: 19-19
SEC vs. Big East regular season: 16-15
SEC vs. Big East bowl game: 3-8

from: Why SEC Isn't As Great In Football As You Think | ThePostGame

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Though its teams are rarely given the opportunity, the Mountain West, not the SEC, has the highest winning percentage of any conference in BCS bowl games (.750), even though its teams travel further to play in BCS games than just about any others and with fewer supporting fans."

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SECs winning percentage in BCS games and Jerry Rice weren't on my mind earlier. Not being interested in the Lions drafting a receiver next year was. It's not anymore. I'm thinking about that time a kid from Boise proposed to a cheerleader, and then went to Disneyland. And then later on, went to Ford Field to work.