• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clayton says we take Mariota at 5 if there.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. If Scott says we should draft a center (just a example) at #5 then we do it. What we have done in the past hasn't worked so right now we do what ever he suggests.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA!! Sorry Snyder, Chip will come out of his bad acid trip soon and won't have enough picks by then.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know guys, Im starting to get the feeling Mariota will do the Johnny Football tumble this year. Every year there is that one guy that every one thinks cant possibly slide out of the top 5 who then ends up getting picked 20th or so. What a quandry that would be if he gets past the Rams.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know guys, Im starting to get the feeling Mariota will do the Johnny Football tumble this year. Every year there is that one guy that every one thinks cant possibly slide out of the top 5 who then ends up getting picked 20th or so. What a quandry that would be if he gets past the Rams.

Rams could give us 3-1st round picks for our pick :D

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like a smokescreen to me. With the Jets a likely target to pick MM or trade down, the Redskins are trying to talk teams into a deal with them or MM well be gone by 5.

A good tactic whether they want MM or not.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you people must think that the other 31 GMs are dumber then a box of rocks . no way would they think smokescreen while joe fan on sportshoopla is screaming it at the top of their internet plantation owning lungs

it is too stupid to even try

so since most of you think MM is a dog i will be devils advocate here (now i am not advocating this ok people!!) and throw out some things

1) most of you believe that RG3 is the biggest diva on the planet and is really not coach-able. MM doesnt seem to be that type

2) MM is likely to be much healthier and more explosive then RGknee

3) colleges are not producing classic pocket guys much anymore so perhaps you will have to rethink what you can expect from rookie qbs coming into the NFL . remember the rookie wage scale and its implications . no longer do you have to have a guy come in right away and tear it up . there are no more stafford/bradford deals
4) scotty sure as hell ought to know a good qb when he sees one . he has been on the bad side (alex smith ) and on the good side (wilson )

5) there isnt a clear cut consensus on who is the BPA available at 5 .MM very well might be the BPA

ok enough devils advocate . my stance is we should build the team up and go for our qb when we have enough talent in place to help the new qb

a trade down would be our best move if we can

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you people must think that the other 31 GMs are dumber then a box of rocks . no way would they think smokescreen while joe fan on sportshoopla is screaming it at the top of their internet plantation owning lungs

it is too stupid to even try

so since most of you think MM is a dog i will be devils advocate here (now i am not advocating this ok people!!) and throw out some things

1) most of you believe that RG3 is the biggest diva on the planet and is really not coach-able. MM doesnt seem to be that type

2) MM is likely to be much healthier and more explosive then RGknee

3) colleges are not producing classic pocket guys much anymore so perhaps you will have to rethink what you can expect from rookie qbs coming into the NFL . remember the rookie wage scale and its implications . no longer do you have to have a guy come in right away and tear it up . there are no more stafford/bradford deals
4) scotty sure as hell ought to know a good qb when he sees one . he has been on the bad side (alex smith ) and on the good side (wilson )

5) there isnt a clear cut consensus on who is the BPA available at 5 .MM very well might be the BPA

ok enough devils advocate . my stance is we should build the team up and go for our qb when we have enough talent in place to help the new qb

a trade down would be our best move if we can

I agree with you about the trade down and to focus on building up the rest of the team. But you point #3 is point on. The NFL is going to have to adjust their thinking and expectations for most college QBs coming into the league as most are not ready for the reason you point out. Teams need to stop forcing these young QBs into the lineup year one and revert back to the old ways of a QB sitting and learning for a few years.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible teams who might want MM if he falls to us. # next to team is there where they pick. Yes some are less likely but all could use a qb either this year or in the near future.
1. Jets #6
2. Browns #12 & #19
3. Eagles #20
4. Bears #7
5. Rams #10
6. Texans #16
7. Charger #17
8. Chiefs #18
9. Cardinals #24
10. Broncos #28

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to Clayton's interview on the Sports Fix carefully. He didn't adduce any factual basis to support his view that the Redskins would take Mariota. He said that based on the FO and coach's dissatisfaction with RG3, how could they not pick Mariota if he fell to us. Basically, it's Clayton blowing smoke on his own view on this issue. If he's got some evidence for what he said, let's hear it.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to Clayton's interview on the Sports Fix carefully. He didn't adduce any factual basis to support his view that the Redskins would take Mariota. He said that based on the FO and coach's dissatisfaction with RG3, how could they not pick Mariota if he fell to us. Basically, it's Clayton blowing smoke on his own view on this issue. If he's got some evidence for what he said, let's hear it.

Bingo, I heard it the same way. Identifying a QB need and deciding MM is worth the 5th pick in the draft are 2 different things.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then here is another log for the fire! Keep em guessin!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile...in Oregon today...

Mark Bullock
#Redskins GM Scot McCloughan at the Oregon pro day. Big names to watch: DE Arik Armstead, OT Jake Fisher, and of course QB Marcus Mariota

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile...in Oregon today...

Mark Bullock
#Redskins GM Scot McCloughan at the Oregon pro day. Big names to watch: DE Arik Armstead, OT Jake Fisher, and of course QB Marcus Mariota

I think we have gotten to the POKER phase of draft prep at this point.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think our approach has changed over the past few days regarding MM. With all this talk about RG3 not being Gruden's guy, there may be some truth to that and the idea of starting fresh with MM may begin to sit well with Gruden as well. With SM now in place and putting this team together, he has to realize we are a couple of seasons away from making any kind of run at the playoffs. So why not bring in MM, continue drafting "his" guys, bring in FA under 30 who have not really hit their prime with 4 year deals like Peah and by the time the "plan" starts taking shape, this team will be well rounded without bloated contracts and old players. The core of Williams, Kerrigan, Robinson, DJax & Morris are already in place. Clean up the image somewhat by letting RG3 find work elsewhere and you will start to see a trend of viable under 30 FA who want to come here to be a part of that.

Look, I'm one of the biggest RG3 homer's on here and want him to succeed with our team however, the writing is on the wall that the HC doesn't particularly think he is the right fit for the job and guys who currently reside in the locker room question just about everything else with RG3. Chalk it up to a failed experiment and start anew. I would have no issues with this line of thinking if that's what SM decided to do.

HTTR!!!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy about drafting a QB with the exact same skill set as the one we have.
Our qb may very well be borderline psychopathic but if we draft MM, I'm hoping RGIII gets traded ASAP.
The storyline would just be unfair to everyone on the team.
I'm cool with Griffin's chapter ending here, sadly he has become a media target.