• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clayton says we take Mariota at 5 if there.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe that if Mariota falls to us, we try and trade the pick. First, the owner still wants RG3. Second, Mariota is not the type of QB that Gruden or SM really look for. He might be able to make the transition, but that's not a given.

If we are unable to get what we want in a trade, we might end up picking him, but this would mean that robert is gone. In reality, tho, I think Clayton was just talking out his ass and the report went viral. Of course, being an analyst, he craves the limelight, so he just doubled down, extending the life of the report.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think our approach has changed over the past few days regarding MM. With all this talk about RG3 not being Gruden's guy, there may be some truth to that and the idea of starting fresh with MM may begin to sit well with Gruden as well. With SM now in place and putting this team together, he has to realize we are a couple of seasons away from making any kind of run at the playoffs. So why not bring in MM, continue drafting "his" guys, bring in FA under 30 who have not really hit their prime with 4 year deals like Peah and by the time the "plan" starts taking shape, this team will be well rounded without bloated contracts and old players. The core of Williams, Kerrigan, Robinson, DJax & Morris are already in place. Clean up the image somewhat by letting RG3 find work elsewhere and you will start to see a trend of viable under 30 FA who want to come here to be a part of that.

Look, I'm one of the biggest RG3 homer's on here and want him to succeed with our team however, the writing is on the wall that the HC doesn't particularly think he is the right fit for the job and guys who currently reside in the locker room question just about everything else with RG3. Chalk it up to a failed experiment and start anew. I would have no issues with this line of thinking if that's what SM decided to do.

HTTR!!!

If I hear these thoughts coming directly from SM or someone w/ authority at Redskins Park then I may side with you. However - hearing Ryan Clark run his trap or Clayton stating something based not on what someone said but rather his take on the situation means nothing.

Keep in mind that the draft is a over a month away & you are going to be hearing numerous contradicting stories on all of this. No offense - but this isn't a "we" or "our" situation - the only opinion that really matters is that of SM (with a little input from Gruden & others) & none of us really know their current take on RG3 or the overall situation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I hear these thoughts coming directly from SM or someone w/ authority at Redskins Park then I may side with you. However - hearing Ryan Clark run his trap or Clayton stating something based not on what someone said but rather his take on the situation means nothing.

Keep in mind that the draft is a over a month away & you are going to be hearing numerous contradicting stories on all of this. No offense - but this isn't a "we" or "our" situation - the only opinion that really matters is that of SM (with a little input from Gruden & others) & none of us really know their current take on RG3 or the overall situation.

we will see what happens .