• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clayton Kershaw's Dominance is Done

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing Eric Karros, of all people, calling his shot before the playoffs and saying that he thought only the Dodgers - of any team in the playoffs - could match up favorably against the Cubs. He had some good points too, not just "herp, derp, Kershaw and Hill are good mmmkay." I was driving so I don't remember it word for word or point for point, but he was basically talking about LA's super flexible roster, deep bullpen, and also that the Cubs don't possess a murderers row of lefty pitching (as we all know to be kryptonite for this team) make the matchup one that the Dodgers have a chance of winning. Of course acknowledging the fact that the Dodgers are still the underdogs - just maybe positioned better than the other teams.
I was blown out of the water when the Dodgers took two in a row - If they take tonight - then I don't think the Cubs can come back - Not many teams can come back from a 3-1 deficit - Somehow the Cubs just chose the wrong time to go cold. Not a good sign for them imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing Eric Karros, of all people, calling his shot before the playoffs and saying that he thought only the Dodgers - of any team in the playoffs - could match up favorably against the Cubs. He had some good points too, not just "herp, derp, Kershaw and Hill are good mmmkay." I was driving so I don't remember it word for word or point for point, but he was basically talking about LA's super flexible roster, deep bullpen, and also that the Cubs don't possess a murderers row of lefty pitching (as we all know to be kryptonite for this team) make the matchup one that the Dodgers have a chance of winning. Of course acknowledging the fact that the Dodgers are still the underdogs - just maybe positioned better than the other teams.
I was blown out of the water when the Dodgers took two in a row - If they take tonight - then I don't think the Cubs can come back - Not many teams can come back from a 3-1 deficit - Somehow the Cubs just chose the wrong time to go cold. Not a good sign for them imo

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw is the Cubs Daddy.

Maury Povich just called...

1cthke.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific player, but the Dodgers should have kept Zack Greinke and they needed to keep some better hitters. the Dodgers played will but the main reason they won their division is because their division is so weak to begin with. If the Dodgers can get a few more rookies like Seager - in the next few years, they can go from overpaying for good players to quality players at a reasonable price and become serious contenders. Kershaw needed some help that he never got imo

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific player, but the Dodgers should have kept Zack Greinke and they needed to keep some better hitters. the Dodgers played will but the main reason they won their division is because their division is so weak to begin with. If the Dodgers can get a few more rookies like Seager - in the next few years, they can go from overpaying for good players to quality players at a reasonable price and become serious contenders. Kershaw needed some help that he never got imo

Dodgers had a great year, and solid playoffs. And withstood a lot of injuries. Dave Roberts deserves some props too. They really were the only team in the NL playoffs of the other 4 that could even belong in the same arena as the Cubs. The beat up Nats? Please. Giants or Mets too...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers had a great year, and solid playoffs. And withstood a lot of injuries. Dave Roberts deserves some props too. They really were the only team in the NL playoffs of the other 4 that could even belong in the same arena as the Cubs. The beat up Nats? Please. Giants or Mets too...
They had a fantastic year - I remember when the season started, they didn't have any hitters over about .250, so I was worried about their ability to win. I think if they upgraded their pitching staff. Think about it - Rich Hill is the closest they have to Kershaw and he is a dud. One or two better pitchers and upgrade the hitting a bit

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a fantastic year - I remember when the season started, they didn't have any hitters over about .250, so I was worried about their ability to win. I think if they upgraded their pitching staff. Think about it - Rich Hill is the closest they have to Kershaw and he is a dud. One or two better pitchers and upgrade the hitting a bit
Where are they going to get this pitching? The Dodgers are already at $182M before arbitration or resigning any of their FAs. They are "losing" Jansen, Hill and Turner.

Who knows what will be in the new CBA, so there is no telling what the lux limit will be this year, or how harsh the penalties will be for exceeding it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 279 IP in the postseason, AKA a Nolan Ryan full season, Clayton Kershaw has a 3.13 FIP and a 3.17 xFIP, with a 10.72 K/9.

Discuss.