• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Class Act TLR...

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice to see him bitching about the strike zone.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have a point. Was the worst strike zone disparity I think I've ever seen. What he is trying to do is get it to roll the other way in the future. Which is what ANY good manager should be doing. If the shoe was on the other foot I would expect Washington to do the same. After all, they are trying to win. They don't give out bonuses and World Series titles to the guy who says it is quite alright to screw my team over. Sometimes, it is very appropriate to complain and complain loudly.

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He does have a point. Was the worst strike zone disparity I think I've ever seen. What he is trying to do is get it to roll the other way in the future. Which is what ANY good manager should be doing. If the shoe was on the other foot I would expect Washington to do the same. After all, they are trying to win. They don't give out bonuses and World Series titles to the guy who says it is quite alright to screw my team over. Sometimes, it is very appropriate to complain and complain loudly.

The Cardinals got all the breaks in games 1-3.... I don't want to hear it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh dear God you must be kidding me. I don't want to freaking hear it after the disparity between CJ and Carpenter's zone's in game 1. Holland kicked your precious Cardinals' teeth in tonight, and that's all there is to it.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals got all the breaks in games 1-3.... I don't want to hear it.

You don't want to hear what? That a man should do his job? Are you against people doing their job by lobbying for and standing up for their team? Or should LaRussa just sit back and let his players know that he doesn't give a crap about them? You know what managers do that? Managers that lose a ton of games and get fired. Not managers who are trying to win World Series championships.

And what breaks were those exactly? One blown call that didn't amount to a hill of beans in the context of that game? That is the only one I know of.

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carpenter got ALL of the borderline pitches in St. Louis. He got a lot of friendly calls.... and some really laughable calls. What you are experiencing tonight, All Ranger fans experienced in game 1. Doesn't feel very good huh?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want to hear what? That a man should do his job? Are you against people doing their job by lobbying for and standing up for their team? Or should LaRussa just sit back and let his players know that he doesn't give a crap about them? You know what managers do that? Managers that lose a ton of games and get fired. Not managers who are trying to win World Series championships.

And what breaks were those exactly? One blown call that didn't amount to a hill of beans in the context of that game? That is the only one I know of.

I don't want to hear you or La Russa bitching about the zone after the desparity between CJ and Carpenter's zone in game one. La Russa is trying to do his job though, and I will give him that. You on the other hand choose to ignore the obvious.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dear God you must be kidding me. I don't want to freaking hear it after the disparity between CJ and Carpenter's zone's in game 1. Holland kicked your precious Cardinals' teeth in tonight, and that's all there is to it.

I've been watching the Rangers for 26 years now and honestly I've never seen one of you guys ever think that the Rangers, or the Mavs, or the Cowboys or the Longhorns have ever lost fair and square. You guys always complain about the zone, even when it is to your benefit and you always complain about the breaks even when they go in your favor. Galloway calls you the whiny Orange but in reality it is just juvenile. Sports don't matter at all. Not one bit. They are for entertainment and exercise purposes only. Also, you don't even begin to actually read my posts. You just make up crap that you imagine I said.

Now Kulpa was bad. One of the worst ever type of bad. He was bad in yesterday's game at 1st. Everybody knows it. But if you would have bothered to read any of my posts you would know that I said that the strike zone had nothing to do with Hollands success and that the Cardinals just didn't bring their A game tonight. But whatever, you guys are just mad at me about some comments I made on another board. Probably, outside of a few Ranger regulars I probably know more about the Rangers and actually WATCH more of their games than many of the people posting here now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching the Rangers for 26 years now and honestly I've never seen one of you guys ever think that the Rangers, or the Mavs, or the Cowboys or the Longhorns have ever lost fair and square. You guys always complain about the zone, even when it is to your benefit and you always complain about the breaks even when they go in your favor. Galloway calls you the whiny Orange but in reality it is just juvenile. Sports don't matter at all. Not one bit. They are for entertainment and exercise purposes only. Also, you don't even begin to actually read my posts. You just make up crap that you imagine I said.

Now Kulpa was bad. One of the worst ever type of bad. He was bad in yesterday's game at 1st. Everybody knows it. But if you would have bothered to read any of my posts you would know that I said that the strike zone had nothing to do with Hollands success and that the Cardinals just didn't bring their A game tonight. But whatever, you guys are just mad at me about some comments I made on another board. Probably, outside of a few Ranger regulars I probably know more about the Rangers and actually WATCH more of their games than many of the people posting here now.

Yeah well I can piss farther than you can!

On another note, I have certainly not made anything up that you supposedly said. If you honestly don't think the zone had anything to do with Holland's success then why make such a huge deal about it? And don't say anything about integrity of the game because I didn't see you post one damn thing after game one where Carpenter got everything and CJ got squeezed basically out of the game.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well I can piss farther than you can!

On another note, I have certainly not made anything up that you supposedly said. If you honestly don't think the zone had anything to do with Holland's success then why make such a huge deal about it? And don't say anything about integrity of the game because I didn't see you post one damn thing after game one where Carpenter got everything and CJ got squeezed basically out of the game.

I have no doubt you can! You certainly have misinterpreted and even been hostile towards me. So what if I root for the Cardinals over the Rangers? It isn't like I haven't watched thousands of Ranger games throughout the years and it isn't like I am pretending to like the organization and the players ala Jaar.

But you know what, I watched that game and CJ didn't get squeezed at all. He didn't throw the ball over the plate and Carpenter did a great job of throwing the ball over the plate and keeping the ball down. This is more of that everybody is out to get my team mentality bullshit that serves no one any good. I've watched Ranger games and participated in the conversation plenty of times to know the score. I've seen good pitchers throw the ball right over the middle of the plate and rightfully get the call and then some Ranger fan cries about the "zone". You are just being hypocritical.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt you can! You certainly have misinterpreted and even been hostile towards me. So what if I root for the Cardinals over the Rangers? It isn't like I haven't watched thousands of Ranger games throughout the years and it isn't like I am pretending to like the organization and the players ala Jaar.

But you know what, I watched that game and CJ didn't get squeezed at all. He didn't throw the ball over the plate and Carpenter did a great job of throwing the ball over the plate and keeping the ball down. This is more of that everybody is out to get my team mentality bullshit that serves no one any good. I've watched Ranger games and participated in the conversation plenty of times to know the score. I've seen good pitchers throw the ball right over the middle of the plate and rightfully get the call and then some Ranger fan cries about the "zone". You are just being hypocritical.

I apologize for that. I have been very intense as how many times does a team get back to back shots at the world series? I still think you are very much a homer to the point of being illogical about your Cardinals, but that was no reason for me to get as hyped up as I did towards you personally. I have enjoyed your input throughout the year, but we'll just have to be on opposite sides right now. Hopefully more civil than we/I have been. I'll still probably get fired up, but try to tone ther personal aspect back a bit.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the fuck difference does it make if you watch Rangers games?? Hell, you just want someplace to post that opinion of yours that is so near and dear to your heart. You're so full of bullshit and yourself it's sickening...and to top it off, you're a Cardinals fan. Go post your phony, I love Me some Me crap where it belongs....on a Cardinals board. Personally, I'm sick of reading your bullshit opinions concerning DFW sports fans.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Foul ball off Beltre's foot in game 1. Of course one free out given to the Cardinals in the top of the 9th in a one run game is nothing right? I don't recall Wash bitching to the media about either of those blown calls or the strike zone yet. Kulpa called it both ways last night.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the worst strike zone disparity I think I've ever seen.

......so I guess the Cards getting the low/outside strike call games 1-3 is moot? CJ was throwing the same exact pitch...but it got called a ball.

I dont wanna hear about strike zone disparity.

After that blown call the other night (which btw... WOULD have made a "hill of beans difference")...Kulpa probably thought he should give TX a couple calls. Who knows...

Just b/c a game ends 16-7 does not mean that a HUGE blown call when the game was still close... does not affect the outcome. Its silly to think as such.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference wasn't that the Cardinals weren't getting the calls, it was that Holland adjusted to what the umps was calling and the Cardinal pitcher didn't. he would thorw a pitch that was barely outside or inside and then he would throw another pitch in the same spot or a little further off the plate and then grip about the call.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the difference wasn't that the Cardinals weren't getting the calls, it was that Holland adjusted to what the umps was calling and the Cardinal pitcher didn't. he would thorw a pitch that was barely outside or inside and then he would throw another pitch in the same spot or a little further off the plate and then grip about the call.

The difference wasn't that the Rangers weren't getting the calls, it was that Carpenter adjusted to what the ump was calling and CJ Wilson didn't.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference wasn't that the Rangers weren't getting the calls, it was that Carpenter adjusted to what the ump was calling and CJ Wilson didn't.

That's a great point. Ogando falls into the trap of just throwing harder rather than pitching to those spots and that may have played a part in his downfall night before last. Of course, you have to have enough control to hit those spots when you need to.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true as well.

However, whenever he is hitting the same freakin' spot that Carpenter was...and it not getting called....... sigh.
Guess the ball barely touches 1/100th of the plate from a right hander vs. left hander pitcher on that low/outside strike.

Its one of those "adapting" things that Lee did so well. CJ should have picked up a little more on it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is true as well.

However, whenever he is hitting the same freakin' spot that Carpenter was...and it not getting called....... sigh.
Guess the ball barely touches 1/100th of the plate from a right hander vs. left hander pitcher on that low/outside strike.

Its one of those "adapting" things that Lee did so well. CJ should have picked up a little more on it.

Exactly. It should make zero difference to CJ whether the other guy is gets the call or not. The only thing that should be important to CJ is that he gets the call.

The key is starting out with a strike on the first pitch ... and then see where the boundary is. If you don't get the call on two boundary pitches ... then you gotta adjust. But you got to start out with a strike in hand ... and not throw nibbling pitches on the boundary and hope you get three strikes. That's what CJ tried to do when he was a closer ... come in and throw cute nibbling strikes. Can't do that as a SP.