• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ to start bowl game

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This staff just boggles my mind. Apparently KF is scared he will transfer

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy texted me then I went to bleacher report and saw it

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find that so hard to believe, KF never does stuff like that, he is so loyal to a fault, and it hurts him. So I found that twitter thing and it seems it was just a joke.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the players see right through this coaching decision. Sounds like KF may start CJ to keep him in the fold AND to not lose other players on the team.

Sounds like people might transfer out because of this indecisive coach and his staff.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be hilarious if CJ started the bowl game and was named MVP...then transferred.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

The players have been complaining about Rudock and his inability to hit the next level of WR routes. Many of these players want CJ on the field versus Rudock.

I doubt that CJ transfers, but stranger things have happened.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly am a little sick of people blaming Jake for Iowas underachieving. Jake threw 16 TD's to 5 INT's this year and had a QBR of 135. Is that great?? No, but it certainly pretty good and the reason Iowa lost 5 games was because they gave up 35 ppg in their losses and the D coughed up leads in 3 of the 5 games. Jake or CJ, doesnt matter. If Iowa cant stop people from scoring then they wont win. This team would be 10-2 if we could stop teams when we needed to MAYBE 11-1 if we could have stopped Wisky on their last ddrive. Its the D not the O. Just the truth.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia,

I disagree with you. The college game has become an offensive game. In order to win 9+ games per season is by scoring well over 30 points per game. That translates into roughly 425+ yards of offense per game.
- Iowa's offense under KF has rarely produced that. When they did, they won a lot of games.
- Iowa's offense has had far too many 3-and-outs the past 4+ years. Keeping the ball, and scoring points, keeps Iowa's defense off of the field. Iowa's defense would be 'fresher' and their opponents would be forced to do something that they may not be comfortable in doing.
- Iowa's offense has gotten up big...then tried to hold on and has eventually lost games that they should have won.
- Poor play calling continues to cause problems. Recently, Iowa has been controlling games by running the ball...only to come out and throw three incomplete passes for a punt.
- Poor play calling #2. Recently, Iowa has been controlling games by passing the ball...only to come out and have three dead running plays for a punt.
- KF and his coaching staff don't seem to know what they want to do with the best talent on the roster. It seems many of the best players are on the 2-deep...maybe even the 3-deep rosters.

In my opinion, the problems of Iowa football start with the coaching staff, and then stops with the offense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia,

I disagree with you. The college game has become an offensive game. In order to win 9+ games per season is by scoring well over 30 points per game. That translates into roughly 425+ yards of offense per game.
- Iowa's offense under KF has rarely produced that. When they did, they won a lot of games.
- Iowa's offense has had far too many 3-and-outs the past 4+ years. Keeping the ball, and scoring points, keeps Iowa's defense off of the field. Iowa's defense would be 'fresher' and their opponents would be forced to do something that they may not be comfortable in doing.
- Iowa's offense has gotten up big...then tried to hold on and has eventually lost games that they should have won.
- Poor play calling continues to cause problems. Recently, Iowa has been controlling games by running the ball...only to come out and throw three incomplete passes for a punt.
- Poor play calling #2. Recently, Iowa has been controlling games by passing the ball...only to come out and have three dead running plays for a punt.
- KF and his coaching staff don't seem to know what they want to do with the best talent on the roster. It seems many of the best players are on the 2-deep...maybe even the 3-deep rosters.

In my opinion, the problems of Iowa football start with the coaching staff, and then stops with the offense.

Thats fine Hoops but CJ isnt any better. Neither of those guys is a Mariota, Winston, Barrett etc etc. Iowa has average QBs CJ included. That said we would still be 10-2 with those average QBs if our D could hold a lead but they cant ( big shock, been going on for 5 years now )

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the QB gets the props when the team goes well ( hell people loved Srtanzi in 09 when he was pretty fucking terrible and HATED JVB in 2011 when he was 3x better than Stanzi was in 09 ) but its not on the QB when the D cant make stops and when the staff calls bogus plays or when the RBs suck and cant get the yeards when you need them. The team has to step it up and so does the staff on that we agree.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

The players have been complaining about Rudock and his inability to hit the next level of WR routes. Many of these players want CJ on the field versus Rudock.

I doubt that CJ transfers, but stranger things have happened.

Really? Got any solid evidence of these complaints?

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 games worth. Especially the games that were lost. Pittsburgh was a huge success for this. Alumni & Boosters. Another 7-5 season for KF...probably gets him (and the rest of the coaches) fired next year.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to throw that out there a lot - "Iowa players are not happy", "Players are complaining" - you said the same thing about Drew Tate, yet when pressed for actual evidence of this or even some sort of link to you and a single Iowa football player you can't do it.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the Defense USUALLY starts a game pretty well. It's not until the 4th quarter that they get gassed from not being substituted and from being on the field too much from a floundering 3 and out offense.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed that most teams have at least 6 or 7 D lineman they have in there through the game, not usually the same four, some bring in certain guys in 3rd down situations, etc...at least this is one game after a few weeks and there should be rest and ready to go

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 7-5 season for KF...probably gets him (and the rest of the coaches) fired next year.

I still can't see that happening, the golden parachute is still way too big to fire him...but it might be strongly suggested that a certain OC who is retirement age be put to pasture to bring in a younger, hipper guy who might be conservative, but a bit more on the progressive side of conservative.

I hate to say this, but I miss Kenny OK. What I don't get is how we could be top 10 3 years in a row and just fall off so much, come back, win the Orange, then fall off so horribly again the last 5 years.