• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ Procise declares for the draft

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the fact he couldn't stay healthy had a lot to do with his decision. Cash in while you can. He did have a great year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I'm shocked. The exodus has begun the real question is how many more will leave.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I'm shocked. The exodus has begun the real question is how many more will leave.

The question is why? Is it because of our coach who on the one hand everyone seems to love for his recruiting, but on the other hate because of his game management and his team's overall tightness? Is it because of depth at the position? Is there some other reason there's an "exodus" as you put it?

While I feel he's a decent RB I doubt seriously he's going to be a typical back in the NFL. Maybe a Sproles type of guy, but I don't think he's a middle bruiser at all and running to the edge in the NFL isn't going to happen near as often as it does in College and with our Offense. BTW, why in the hell did we not see him in the bowl game? Shoulder or something? Surely that concussion wasn't the reason STILL?

While I hope for the best for the kid, I do wonder on the larger scale, just what it is with these kids that don't come to ND looking to get their 4 year degree? I can't expect the Administration is very happy with a certain number of players leaving early every year. I think ya'll talked about this in the Bob Davie thread... while maybe the tenor towards ND football has let up some, I'm still willing to bet that the Administration as a whole would prefer players that come with the intent of getting their degree first. Now of course, this does present an interesting conundrum for the Admins and A.D.; are they going to be ok with it as long as the Football side helps to build the total ND Brand, or are they going to start using the means they have to 'assert' their will in that regard? Or, is the mood shifting at ND and this is now expected or at the least, understood as a risk?

Coach has done well, but really, when you look at the expectation that has been around this program for decades, he's done nothing really, nothing more than a dozen other coaches haven't done. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's much, much harder to win the NC these days than in all the decades ND has won one, but that's still the expectation. Kelly's now going into what, his sixth year? An appearance under his belt to be sure, but an ass-kicked appearance none-the-less.

Other than recruiting, what real positives does Kelly bring? He doesn't seem to be a great 'gameday' coach. He doesn't seem to be a great play-caller (though the announcer at the Bowl game sure liked to say he was) and he sure as hell doesn't seem to be a good motivator for his team, nor does he have them prepared at gametime.

Sorry... it is a thread about Procise... lol

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is why? Is it because of our coach who on the one hand everyone seems to love for his recruiting, but on the other hate because of his game management and his team's overall tightness? Is it because of depth at the position? Is there some other reason there's an "exodus" as you put it?

While I feel he's a decent RB I doubt seriously he's going to be a typical back in the NFL. Maybe a Sproles type of guy, but I don't think he's a middle bruiser at all and running to the edge in the NFL isn't going to happen near as often as it does in College and with our Offense. BTW, why in the hell did we not see him in the bowl game? Shoulder or something? Surely that concussion wasn't the reason STILL?

While I hope for the best for the kid, I do wonder on the larger scale, just what it is with these kids that don't come to ND looking to get their 4 year degree? I can't expect the Administration is very happy with a certain number of players leaving early every year. I think ya'll talked about this in the Bob Davie thread... while maybe the tenor towards ND football has let up some, I'm still willing to bet that the Administration as a whole would prefer players that come with the intent of getting their degree first. Now of course, this does present an interesting conundrum for the Admins and A.D.; are they going to be ok with it as long as the Football side helps to build the total ND Brand, or are they going to start using the means they have to 'assert' their will in that regard? Or, is the mood shifting at ND and this is now expected or at the least, understood as a risk?

Coach has done well, but really, when you look at the expectation that has been around this program for decades, he's done nothing really, nothing more than a dozen other coaches haven't done. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's much, much harder to win the NC these days than in all the decades ND has won one, but that's still the expectation. Kelly's now going into what, his sixth year? An appearance under his belt to be sure, but an ass-kicked appearance none-the-less.

Other than recruiting, what real positives does Kelly bring? He doesn't seem to be a great 'gameday' coach. He doesn't seem to be a great play-caller (though the announcer at the Bowl game sure liked to say he was) and he sure as hell doesn't seem to be a good motivator for his team, nor does he have them prepared at gametime.

Sorry... it is a thread about Procise... lol

I could be wrong but I believe Procise will have his degree at the end of the year and would have required a 5th year to stay. So for him that isn't an issue now Fuller and Smith are a different story.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Knute I feel the potential exodus this year is because of the amount of early round talent than anything else.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...Kelly was the one that moved Procise to RB in the first place, probably wouldn't have declared if he had another mediocre year at WR, so this is Kelly's fault!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...Kelly was the one that moved Procise to RB in the first place, probably wouldn't have declared if he had another mediocre year at WR, so this is Kelly's fault!
He was actually recruited as a DB ... got moved to WR ... then RB.

I can, maybe, see him being a little Riddick-esque.

#Versatility

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get Folston back healthy and, hopefully, picks up where he left off.

Mang, we gotta stop all the crazy injuries.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I believe Procise will have his degree at the end of the year and would have required a 5th year to stay. So for him that isn't an issue now Fuller and Smith are a different story.
Ahh that's good then... still hate to see him go.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller gone, procise cone, stanley gone, and probably smith gone. Russell probably will be gone. Offense should be better in my opinion next year even with the loss of players. Defense can only get better right?.............as long as they can stay healthy.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller gone, procise cone, stanley gone, and probably smith gone. Russell probably will be gone. Offense should be better in my opinion next year even with the loss of players. Defense can only get better right?.............as long as they can stay healthy.

I don't know about that the defense didn't look very good without Smith and with Day nursing a foot injury against Ohio State. I would say the secondary should be better if guys stay healthy, the LB's are most likely going to be 2/3 new and the D-Line will be 1/3 new as Jarron is a starter and Tillery/Cage were this year as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would of been nice to have a 3 headed monster but it was the smart move to move on. He wouldn't get the carries like this year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would of been nice to have a 3 headed monster but it was the smart move to move on. He wouldn't get the carries like this year.

I agree his stock won't be any higher next year sharing carries with two other guys and he'll have his degree so not too much to come back for. Not to mention before this season he was more likely an undrafted free agent and now he at least should be a mid to late round pick.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jaylon Smith's injury has them all spooked. Go while you can. Also, next year is going to be a much deeper RB class, he probably figures he'll have a better position this year.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jaylon Smith's injury has them all spooked. Go while you can. Also, next year is going to be a much deeper RB class, he probably figures he'll have a better position this year.

I don't know about that. Smith is a junior. I can see players getting scared to stay for a senior season if Smith was a senior and got hurt in the bowl game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Smith is a junior. I can see players getting scared to stay for a senior season if Smith was a senior and got hurt in the bowl game.
He was also a can't miss first round prospect. That's why he has a $5M policy if he fails to get drafted in the first round. Not every player can get one of those for protection, at least not at the premium Smith was paying. He was, and likely is, as good as gone either way.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only Smith's but he himself couldn't manage to stay healthy at the end of the season.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Procise realized that with Folston coming back (hopefully), and the freshmen improving (hopefully), there is no way that his stats next year would be close to the numbers he put up this year. So for this reason, I think this move makes sense for him. I will definitely miss the power he showed, but hopefully someone can pick up that part of the offense. As Craig stated, with his background as a WR, I think he will be very valuable for some NFL team. Hopefully he makes a lot of money in the NFL. (For those of you who give a crap about ND players once they leave the university)

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Procise realized that with Folston coming back (hopefully), and the freshmen improving (hopefully), there is no way that his stats next year would be close to the numbers he put up this year. So for this reason, I think this move makes sense for him. I will definitely miss the power he showed, but hopefully someone can pick up that part of the offense. As Craig stated, with his background as a WR, I think he will be very valuable for some NFL team. Hopefully he makes a lot of money in the NFL. (For those of you who give a crap about ND players once they leave the university)

Well, Folston has confirmed his return so there's that. CJ could be a bigger and slightly faster Theo Riddick type. Love the closing too. Well played.