• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ Out for year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like they are putting CJ on IR. No idea if it is short-term or for the season. I guess they don't have to designate that anymore they just have that one player they can eventually give it to. Also looks like the plan is to promote Juwann Thompson.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like they are putting CJ on IR. No idea if it is short-term or for the season. I guess they don't have to designate that anymore they just have that one player they can eventually give it to. Also looks like the plan is to promote Juwann Thompson.

I just saw the IR move. That sucks. What do you all make of the rookie Booker?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the IR move. That sucks. What do you all make of the rookie Booker?

Well I would highly recommend going back and reading all of our draft threads before the actual draft. There is one player that was talked about probably more than any other player and that was Booker. We have our draft expert here on the Board that loved the kid so talked him up quite often and did a big time happy dance when we drafted him.

So far this year he has not disappointed. He has honestly been the better runner between him and CJ. You can see this not only just looking at the stats but just watching him on the field as he hits the hole much faster than CJ. Where we might see the bigger drop off though between the two is pass protection and just overall knowing the offense. CJ was like a 2nd QB on the field sometimes actually helping to read the defense. Heck even Manning said that he had never worked with a smarter RB in his career. So there will be some give and take on some of this. I could actually see an increase in our run game with Booker as the featured RB but our passing game could take a hit not having as reliable of an option standing next to our young QB. Booker has definitely improved in pass protection every week but he still isn't Anderson and even more so where we might see the drop off is when our 2nd or 3rd string RB have to come in the game.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devontae Booker leads NFL in scrimmage yards wk 7-16 and earns runner-up ROY behind only E.E.. Book -er It ! :) One man's loss can be another man's gain.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I asked. That really stood out to me when I was watching.
Yeah he has just a bit more speed and has shown to make up his mind a little quicker on which hole he is going to hit. I love CJ and the Broncos are going to miss him for sure but there are times where he almost shows too much patience waiting for a hole to open. He doesn't have that quickness needed to wait that long and when our OL was struggling the thing we needed most was a RB that just got up field in a hurry. Now that the OL is looking a bit better that patient running style can work a bit better but still I like the guys that do the one step cut up field and get going.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he has just a bit more speed and has shown to make up his mind a little quicker on which hole he is going to hit. I love CJ and the Broncos are going to miss him for sure but there are times where he almost shows too much patience waiting for a hole to open. He doesn't have that quickness needed to wait that long and when our OL was struggling the thing we needed most was a RB that just got up field in a hurry. Now that the OL is looking a bit better that patient running style can work a bit better but still I like the guys that do the one step cut up field and get going.
No argument here.. Wait...What ?.... I must be coming down with something. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument here.. Wait...What ?.... I must be coming down with something. :)

Haha watch out people the world is coming to an end...Randymon and I have actually agreed on something!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CJ has the speed to the hole limitation, but excels in the open field - once he gets to the 2nd level. Booker is faster to the hole - runs with more power - and I believe he is an even better receiver that CJ (who is very good himself). I want to see Booker break some longer runs (looks like he enjoys contact).

Bibbs is going to do well with his reps - IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ has the speed to the hole limitation, but excels in the open field - once he gets to the 2nd level. Booker is faster to the hole - runs with more power - and I believe he is an even better receiver that CJ (who is very good himself). I want to see Booker break some longer runs (looks like he enjoys contact).

Bibbs is going to do well with his reps - IMO.

I love watching CJ in the open field. He has done some things that I usually have to rewind a few times just to see that he actually did it. I think that and his ability to read defenses and help our QB's out with what a team is going to do are the things we will miss most. Honestly I think if that touchdown stood the last time we played the Chargers we are looking at the Chargers having blown another huge lead and us talking about the Broncos sweeping the Chargers. Stupid holding call ruined an incredible play/effort by CJ.

Still like you I do like our RB's. The national media might not know much about Bibbs but he has always been a great runner. His issue of why he has been on the practice squad has always been his pass blocking limitations. If that has improved like we have heard this off season then I think he will do just fine.