• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati scores 97. Hell freezes over.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT??!?!!?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titus Rubles game. Career high 24.

SK doing what SK does. To consider his offensive effeciency, at the rate at which he's used, on a terrible offensive team...not even mentioning the defense and leadership...the kid is an All-American, and you can't say otherwise.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
119 ORtg, using 30+% poss on a bad offensive team...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely surprising after watch them score only 45 at Uconn, where it looked as if no one on the team could score. The three seniors Kilpatrick, Rubles, and Jackson were all awesome tonight, though.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, good win for Cincinnati. Indeed though, surprised at 97, but good for them.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the help!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titus Rubles game. Career high 24.

SK doing what SK does. To consider his offensive effeciency, at the rate at which he's used, on a terrible offensive team...not even mentioning the defense and leadership...the kid is an All-American, and you can't say otherwise.

I wouldn't exactly call jacking up shots efficient.

He's a good player but his % have never been good.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't exactly call jacking up shots efficient.

He's a good player but his % have never been good.

In the wooden watch on ESPN, the writer mentioned that Kilpatricks adjusted offensive numbers are more efficient than Doug McDermotts when you consider the % of usage and the rest of the adjusted offensive players around him.

I.E. he's more efficient with less, than McDermott is with more. I don't make 'em up, I just report 'em.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the wooden watch on ESPN, the writer mentioned that Kilpatricks adjusted offensive numbers are more efficient than Doug McDermotts when you consider the % of usage and the rest of the adjusted offensive players around him.

I.E. he's more efficient with less, than McDermott is with more. I don't make 'em up, I just report 'em.

I don't care about what's around you. If you're going to shoot a bunch you are going to score.

McDermott efficiently scores the ball. 2s and 3s.

Kilpatrick will most likely be a 1st teamer this year with less options. But there are many years these numbers wouldn't do it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about what's around you. If you're going to shoot a bunch you are going to score.

McDermott efficiently scores the ball. 2s and 3s.

Kilpatrick will most likely be a 1st teamer this year with less options. But there are many years these numbers wouldn't do it.

You should, because it does matter. When you can have more options on offense, teams can't just guard one guy consistently. Sure, they can, and sometimes do, but the likely hood of other players then going off and scoring/beating you is greater when you have a better surrounding cast. That's a fact, and can't be disputed.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should, because it does matter. When you can have more options on offense, teams can't just guard one guy consistently. Sure, they can, and sometimes do, but the likely hood of other players then going off and scoring/beating you is greater when you have a better surrounding cast. That's a fact, and can't be disputed.

That isn't telling him to jack up shots though. What don't you get about that? He has never been an efficient shooter. McDermott has MID MAJOR players around him. Are you trying to say he isn't the focus? They don't even have a low post game unless it's him. But he takes smart shots and EFFICIENTLY scores. It isn't rocket science.

I guess Kirkpatrick did get his fg% over 40 this year!!!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't telling him to jack up shots though. What don't you get about that? He has never been an efficient shooter. McDermott has MID MAJOR players around him. Are you trying to say he isn't the focus? They don't even have a low post game unless it's him. But he takes smart shots and EFFICIENTLY scores. It isn't rocket science.

I guess Kirkpatrick did get his fg% over 40 this year!!!

I guess the concept of advanced analytics are lost on you.

We'll just agree to disagree, because it's clear that player effeciency/adjusted ratings lose their meaning on you.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering Memphis started fouling with 3 minutes left and never stopped I wouldnt consider this a huge feat

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering Memphis started fouling with 3 minutes left and never stopped I wouldnt consider this a huge feat

Yeah it's pretty frustrating when you want to watch the game up next on that channel

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the concept of advanced analytics are lost on you.

We'll just agree to disagree, because it's clear that player effeciency/adjusted ratings lose their meaning on you.

They haven't lost a meaning. You just don't understand that anyone can score if they shoot a lot

"You know kilpatrick is going to get his, it's how many shots it take that is the key because he's going to keep shooting". Announcers covered it last night.

He's a good college player very talented. Will probably be a 1st teamer in this weak year of Bball but he is strictly volume. A poor mans college version of melo.

You act like he's on a team of handicapped guys. They are high major athletes both Jackson and rubles have had success before.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't lost a meaning. You just don't understand that anyone can score if they shoot a lot

"You know kilpatrick is going to get his, it's how many shots it take that is the key because he's going to keep shooting". Announcers covered it last night.

He's a good college player very talented. Will probably be a 1st teamer in this weak year of Bball but he is strictly volume. A poor mans college version of melo.

You act like he's on a team of handicapped guys. They are high major athletes both Jackson and rubles have had success before.

And yet I just told you that Kilpatrick averages the same amounts of shots as McDermott per game. Kilpatrick shoots 2 less 2pt shots a game, and 2 more 3pt shots per game.

:L

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet I just told you that Kilpatrick averages the same amounts of shots as McDermott per game. Kilpatrick shoots 2 less 2pt shots a game, and 2 more 3pt shots per game.

:L

And McDermott scores more because he's MORE EFFICIENT.

He moves around and GETS OPEN, always moving and takes the smart shot.

That's why he scores 5 more ppg taking the same amount of shots and LESS 3s

I honestly don't know what you can't get about this. Look at their shooting numbers.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And McDermott scores more because he's MORE EFFICIENT.

He moves around and GETS OPEN, always moving and takes the smart shot.

That's why he scores 5 more ppg taking the same amount of shots and LESS 3s

I honestly don't know what you can't get about this. Look at their shooting numbers.

And this is where I mentioned adjusted offensive effeciency.

You can't really be this thick, can you?

Advanced metrics.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,

NCAA Basketball Stats - NCAA BB Team Offensive Efficiency on TeamRankings.com

Creighton is the MOST effecient team in the nation. Not just because of McDermott, but because their offensive players are better than UC's offensive players.

Cincinnati is 100...that's not just because of SK, but because the rest of the guys are so ineffecient that other teams can routinely focus MORE on SK with LESS fear of another player doing more damange because of less attention. The same can't be said for Creighton.

Now:
NCAA Basketball Player Stats - Points

McDermott is 1st, SK is 17th, when you consider how much more SK means to his teams offesnse when compared to McDermott based on offensive effeciency as a whole team...you get SK a lot closer to McDermott in terms of true adjusted offensive effeciency.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is where I mentioned adjusted offensive effeciency.

You can't really be this thick, can you?

Advanced metrics.

You are thick. You called him efficient. He isn't. Let any top player shoot as much as him and they can score that. As I said, at least he is over 40% this year

McDermott is on a team with MID MAJORS

How in the hell are you not getting this? McDermott forces guys to be left open and they are a damn good 3 pt shooting team with no post game.

You are trying to prove an efficiency point using usage lol. Seriously let Jabari Parker shoot kilpatricks shots. Low 40s mid 30s is not effienct. Maybe in terms to his last year.

You call him efficient. His shooting numbers are not efficient. They are chuck it up and see what happens numbers.

It really cannot be any more simpler.

When you have to dive into advanced metrics and usage to prove a point you don't have one. The low 40s speak for themselves. If he was efficient he would score like McDermott.