• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris sale. This is getting ridiculous.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i literally used the last 2 full seasons. how, may i ask, is that cherry picking, when its in reply to "sale hasnt been in scherzers league for years lolz" [sic]?

im open to anyone else helping on this, because its confusing...to a guy who works in metrics for a living.

Lol, definitely a troll. It makes sense now

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was on pace to do just that, and i posted articles to that effect. he was on fire.

april 23 to june 15th:

11 starts
72.1 IP
44 hits
18 ER
16 walks
116 k's
2.24 ERA
.171 BAA

he was arguably the best pitcher in baseball over that time frame. then he shit his pants recently. he didnt get selected. i was wrong.

So when you cherry-pick the good games and omit the bad games, he is arguably pretty good?

No, you don't "do metrics" for a living.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when you cherry-pick the good games and omit the bad games, he is arguably pretty good?

No, you don't "do metrics" for a living.
i picked a sample time frame, and a valid one statistically. 11 starts is a valid sample size % wise of his approx 30-35 starts per year.

i work in materials sciences and thermal sensing. data validation and correction factors are 80% of my job.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast food engineer?
mechanical
currently in school for materials science. i design high temp sensors for DOD/DOE (measuring flux, gradients), rockets, and other fun stuff.
when spacex launches, thats my work.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i picked a sample time frame, and a valid one statistically. 11 starts is a valid sample size % wise of his approx 30-35 starts per year.

i work in materials sciences and thermal sensing. data validation and correction factors are 80% of my job.

You're a funny guy

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mechanical
currently in school for materials science. i design high temp sensors for DOD/DOE (measuring flux, gradients), rockets, and other fun stuff.

You have massive insecurity issues.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have massive insecurity issues.
you asked a question. see below:

Fast food engineer?

i replied, as is customary in a conversation:

mechanical

somehow you got insecurity out of a simple conversational reply. that speaks more to you than it does to me.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you asked a question. see below:

Fast food engineer?

i replied, as is customary in a conversation:

mechanical

somehow you got insecurity out of a simple conversational reply. that speaks more to you than it does to me.

Nobody in this thread has asked you question one about what you do for a living.

Yet, you have managed to tell us all about (all in separate posts) your high IQ, your jobs for NASA, your huge salary, your awesomeness with metrics, you being an engineer, a whole lot of wordy fluff about the particulars of your job. With a fun "it's OK to admit you're wrong, us men do it all the time" snipe, which happens to come in a thread that is three weeks old and everything you said about Sale has proven to be wrong.

Why do you say all of this? Because you're a Red Sox fan desperate to defend Chris Sale.

Absolutely reeks of insecurity.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my world, 30 is the magic number. in this case, approx 30% of his starts.

The ship sailed on me taking your baseball acumen seriously when you said base runners mean more than runs scored

That right there cancelled your ticket. At this point, I am just sitting in awe about your refusal to recognize how silly you sound

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in this thread has asked you question one about what you do for a living.

Yet, you have managed to tell us all about (all in separate posts) your high IQ, your jobs for NASA, your huge salary, your awesomeness with metrics, you being an engineer, a whole lot of wordy fluff about the particulars of your job. With a fun "it's OK to admit you're wrong, us men do it all the time" snipe, which happens to come in a thread that is three weeks old and everything you said about Sale has proven to be wrong.

Why do you say all of this? Because you're a Red Sox fan desperate to defend Chris Sale.

Absolutely reeks of insecurity.
i said it because you tried some weird insult about a fast food engineer. so, i corrected you. it happens.

dont assume everyone you deal with here is a dolt. people question my posts filled with data, so backing it up with "well, i do this for a living" solidifies any statements made. well, in the real world it does. i would defer to a nasa instrumentation engineer if they were correct. i do it all day.

in the end, my desire was to correct silkyredpants about his false statement, that "sale hasnt been in scherzers league for years lolz" [sic]. the data shows he was, the 2 seasons prior. all valid statistically.

i was wrong on sale being an all star. it happens.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ship sailed on me taking your baseball acumen seriously when you said base runners mean more than runs scored

That right there cancelled your ticket. At this point, I am just sitting in awe about your refusal to recognize how silly you sound
so youre saying base runners DONT create potential opportunities for runs? do you know how cause and effect works?
a guy here one day said K's dont matter (i.e the ultimate way to eliminate a potential base runner), and he got shredded by me and a litany of others. that was fun.

was that you?

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so youre saying base runners DONT create potential opportunities for runs? do you know how cause and effect works?
a guy here one day said K's dont matter (i.e the ultimate way to eliminate a potential base runner), and he got shredded by me and a litany of others. that was fun.

was that you?

If you want people to read your posts you have to stop this nonsense.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want people to read your posts you have to stop this nonsense.
can you answer my question? here it is again:

was that you?