• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Johnson to work out for Cardinals

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you and other Cards fans had more faith in him then I did. Color me shocked the Cards even signed this 31 year old RB after drafting D. Johnson and having Ellington on the roster.

We just knew Arians history with RBs & rookie RBs. And he was 29 when signed by the Cards.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just knew Arians history with RBs & rookie RBs. And he was 29 when signed by the Cards.
Really? Seemed much older, my bad. Still surprised by his performance. You said you expected 700 yards out of this RB that seemed washed up. Just how many yards did you have Ellington and the rookie for? No fair peeking at their stats, by the way. If your honest they won't come close to what they have done.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early but he could be the comeback player of the year.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you and other Cards fans had more faith in him then I did. Color me shocked the Cards even signed this 31 year old RB after drafting D. Johnson and having Ellington on the roster.

Credit that to a great front office. Keim has been masterful at finding these type of deals.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit that to a great front office. Keim has been masterful at finding these type of deals.
Granted, awesome signing, much to my surprise. Just saying some Card fan saying they saw 700 yards from C. Johnson sounds, Mmmm IDK, a little bit like a over zealous homer if true and I really doubt the true part. Just saying...... It kind of like a Raven fan saying they saw Forsett doing what he did last year. Highly unlikely.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Seemed much older, my bad. Still surprised by his performance. You said you expected 700 yards out of this RB that seemed washed up. Just how many yards did you have Ellington and the rookie for? No fair peeking at their stats, by the way. If your honest they won't come close to what they have done.

I expected Ellington to get 500-700 yards on the ground while also getting another 500+ yards receiving. I didn't expect much in terms of rushing from David Johnson, 200-300 yards on the ground & maybe the same in reception yards. Most Cardinal fans knew what the plan is coming into the season. But with Ellignton getting hurt in week 1 & CJ2K doing what he did, the plan changed.

All along the plan was for AE to split carries with CJ2k 50/40 while DJ would assume the 3rd down RB spot. Both AE & DJ would get planty of looks spread out wide in the passing game. David Johnson was never going to be a big part of the offense this season. But when Ellington got hurt, he made some big plays & carved out a role as the goal line & short yardage back, which he kept after AE returned.

Expecting 700 yards from CJ2K wasn't much. He pretty much got that playing for a terrible Jets offense. He is almost on pace to double my expectations.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of like a Raven fan saying they saw Forsett doing what he did last year. Highly unlikely.

That's not really an apt comparison seeing as Forsett had never really accomplished anything in the NFL, while CJ2K had 1k+ yards every year of his career minus his Jets stop. And even then, he still managed 4.3 ypc as an after thought in their horrible offense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected Ellington to get 500-700 yards on the ground while also getting another 500+ yards receiving. I didn't expect much in terms of rushing from David Johnson, 200-300 yards on the ground & maybe the same in reception yards. Most Cardinal fans knew what the plan is coming into the season. But with Ellignton getting hurt in week 1 & CJ2K doing what he did, the plan changed.

All along the plan was for AE to split carries with CJ2k 50/40 while DJ would assume the 3rd down RB spot. Both AE & DJ would get planty of looks spread out wide in the passing game. David Johnson was never going to be a big part of the offense this season. But when Ellington got hurt, he made some big plays & carved out a role as the goal line & short yardage back, which he kept after AE returned.

Expecting 700 yards from CJ2K wasn't much. He pretty much got that playing for a terrible Jets offense. He is almost on pace to double my expectations.
Mmmm looked be on a downward path, kudos to him for turning it around.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, but 700 yards for the year is only 44 yards a game. That's not really expecting much.
Yeah but the Cards weren't known to be a good run team. This was a big surprise. Say what you will about the OL, this year, it was a ? Mark in non Card fans minds. We'll see how it works out going forward.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, awesome signing, much to my surprise. Just saying some Card fan saying they saw 700 yards from C. Johnson sounds, Mmmm IDK, a little bit like a over zealous homer if true and I really doubt the true part. Just saying...... It kind of like a Raven fan saying they saw Forsett doing what he did last year. Highly unlikely.
I didn't know what to expect. He has never played on an offensive with a explosive passing attack. His average yards per attempt have always been good. All I knew was it was a great signing considering the price regardless of his production. I will say when Ellington got dinged up I wasn't too worried because of Johnson.

I think the combination of the o-line coming together, grabbing Johnson and having a healthy Palmer is the reason the rushing production is much improved.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know what to expect. He has never played on an offensive with a explosive passing attack. His average yards per attempt have always been good. All I knew was it was a great signing considering the price regardless of his production. I will say when Ellington got dinged up I wasn't too worried because of Johnson.

I think the combination of the o-line coming together, grabbing Johnson and having a healthy Palmer is the reason the rushing production is much improved.
Completely agree here I had almost no expectations of him I just thought of him as a back up plan in case of injury. If you add the fact that David Johnson hadn't made it into a preseaon game due to a hamstring tweak he also lit a fire under the youngster. I had him as a third string in my mind when they picked him up. Needless to say I have been more than pleased with how he's performed this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians is a buffoon! Use your young RBs! CJ will wear down. Book it.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't even using him that heavily all things considered. TF you talking bout?

CJ2K is only averaging about 16 carries a game & hasn't been used often in the passing game. Plus he is not even taking big hits.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't even using him that heavily all things considered. TF you talking bout?

I want to see David Johnson. He did the same shit with Ellington two years ago. He doesn't use young backs but he drafts them anyway.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ, Ellington, David Johnson > Murray, Mathews, Sproles
Arians > Chipper
Cardinals > Eagles.

Book it.

Some of that is probably true until Carson goes down and the 9-7 Eagles beat the 10-6 Cardinals in the playoffs. Book it.