• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris "Crash, Crush" Davis

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts about him? Specifically for my points league. He finished 3rd overall for hitters last year in my league, even with his 199 strikeouts (each are minus 1 in my league). So the question is, what do you see being more realistic to duplicate, 50 bombs or 200 whiffs?

I have the 5th pick this year and am staring at Goldy, but if he's taken and the other three are Trout, Miggy and Cutch, I'll be stumped because I'm pretty sure I don't want Cano the Mariner and other than Davis, I'm not sure another hitter would be better than the safety of Clayton Kershaw.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah, this is a points league, where the top pitchers outscore the top hitters, we also start 4 OF, along with CI and MI, but we also use real DH's, so Davis would be locked in there... Papi at 39 years old, I just don't know...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant go wrong with kershaw... he is definitely better than any pitcher out there... and if pitching is worth more than offense, why not own the best pitcher in baseball...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Kershaw over Davis. I'd take a lot of guys over Davis. Not hard to find production from first baseman.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts about him? Specifically for my points league. He finished 3rd overall for hitters last year in my league, even with his 199 strikeouts (each are minus 1 in my league). So the question is, what do you see being more realistic to duplicate, 50 bombs or 200 whiffs?

I have the 5th pick this year and am staring at Goldy, but if he's taken and the other three are Trout, Miggy and Cutch, I'll be stumped because I'm pretty sure I don't want Cano the Mariner and other than Davis, I'm not sure another hitter would be better than the safety of Clayton Kershaw.

I like Davis, but not at 5. If Goldschmidt or McCutchen fall to you, then you need to celebrate. I take Goldy over Cutch in a close call.

After the top 4, I would take all of these guys for sure ahead of Crush (and I like Crush a lot)

Cano, Kershaw, Cargo

I would consider these guys (in no particular order) to be about the same level:

Encarnacion, Hanley, Darvish, A. Jones

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still take Cano 5. Kershaw would be 6 for me too. Really sucks to take a pitcher that early, but so much risk with Davis, the shortstops anyone else at that point. I like Cano, but if you don't, it's really a crapshoot from there on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I would trust Cano @ 5. in SEA? no thanks. but thats my opinion.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Kershaw over Davis. I'd take a lot of guys over Davis. Not hard to find production from first baseman.

this has usually been my philosophy, but I always end up waiting too long and having to trade for one down the stretch (which is very hard to do)... also, haven't been this high in the draft in a long time, so I'm definitely looking to be strong there...

I'd still take Cano 5. Kershaw would be 6 for me too. Really sucks to take a pitcher that early, but so much risk with Davis, the shortstops anyone else at that point. I like Cano, but if you don't, it's really a crapshoot from there on.

yeah, I'm just not feeling Seattle and Cano, and I don't see that changing, so it looks like another Kershaw vote (and no, I don't think it sucks to have to use my first rounder on an arm -- 15 team, points league, start 5, weekly lineups)... Kershaw has been with me the last two years and it's nice having his consistency in there.

I like Davis, but not at 5. If Goldschmidt or McCutchen fall to you, then you need to celebrate. I take Goldy over Cutch in a close call.

wow -- just looked at Davis again, and noticed he only played 5 games at DH last year... that leaves him out of that equation! (he was eligible there last year because of the 15+ games at DH from the year before).

this changes everything, I'd take Freddie Freeman over Davis now...not at 5, but maybe if I'm lucky enough in round 2... Kershaw is gaining probability.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on if he decides to keep using PEDs or not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on if he decides to keep using PEDs or not.

C'mon man. That ain't right.

I really hate that for the foreseeable future any player that has a good year is going to be hit with this question. That really sucks.