• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ChiSox call up Carlos Rodon

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comes as a bit of a surprise. I expected Jake Petricka to be reactivated from the disabled list in time for tomorrows game at home against Cleveland after he made his second and final rehab appearance at AAA Charlotte on Saturday. Perhaps he still will, which would mean the White Sox will have to make a second move with their 25-man active roster before tomorrows game.

Carlos Rodon's last AAA appearance was a 5 inning starting performance this past Thursday in which he threw 87 pitches. If in fact the report of his promotion is accurate, he probably would be available as soon as tomorrow for a short outing in the bullpen if needed. His next availability as a starting pitcher would be as soon as Tuesday, a start that is currently scheduled for Hector Noesi who was skipped over in his last opportunity with the two off-days last week. If I were the White Sox, I would have Rodon make that start, especially against a predominately left-handed hitting Indian club and put Noesi in the bullpen where he may be better suited anyway. Think about it!

If the Sox make only the one roster move tomorrow, it's apparent that Kyle Drabek would be the odd man out barring some other player going on the disabled list. Drabek is out of MLB options and would be exposed to a a possible waiver claim if he is demoted from the 25-man active roster. Should the White Sox make two roster moves prior to Monday's game, that would complicate matters. They could elect to cut just the one pitcher, presumably Drabek, while also demoting a position player, perhaps Emilio Bonifacio who has been less than impressive thus far. If the team chooses to cut two pitchers that might be problematic. Who might that second pitcher be? Like Drabek, Javy Guerra, Dan Jennings and Hector Noesi are also pitchers who are out of options. Clearly Jennings isn't going anywhere, which would leave the choice down to either Guerra or Noesi if the White Sox chose to cut a second pitcher.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a guy who keeps up with the top prospects and some PCL, was excited to see this guy reach the big leagues. I just dislike that it was the White Sox- because it makes them a lot better, imo. We'll see though how he works out in MLB, but I definitely think he has the goods.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move is being done for one reason only: to fool the fans into forgetting how bad Robin Ventura is and how bad this team is doing. Between Williams, Hahn, and Ventura the ChiSox can't muster a shred of professionalism.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put him in the rotation. I like Hahn a lot. Kenny's ego got too big after the world series title. robin is a great guy but a pathetic manager

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im afraid their gonna stick him in the pen and basically waste him.... Either start him, or leave him in AAA .

Can't believe they broke camp with him in the minors. A rotation with Danks AND Noesi in it???/ disgusting.