• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is going to dive the Eagles to new depths with his questionable personnel moves.

Good luck with that guy.

c801830ab6056afde3d11b4a9ee76e56.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh why the fuck are you a cowboys fan and a Boston fan?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the mods didn't catch this yet.:noidea:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is going to dive the Eagles to new depths with his questionable personnel moves.

Good luck with that guy.

If Kelly's personnel moves are certain to take the Eagles to "new depths", then they are not "questionable"; rather, they are merely bad. On the other hand, if Kelly leads Philly to new heights, then his personnel moves are good. That no one knows which of those outcomes (or something in between) will occur is what makes his personnel moves questionable.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure questionable is the right word.

1. Trading Foles for Bradford is risky given Bradford's injury history but anyone that thinks Foles is more talented than Bradford doesn't understand football.

2. McCoy was due a lot of money and would not hit the hole the way Kelly needed him to. Since his release he has demonstrated why Kelly got sick of him. We trade him and got Kiko (really good LB) and with the money signed DeMarco Murray (League rushing leader 2014) and Ryan Mathews who is a solid running back.

3. Cary Williams was not what Chip wanted. He is a decent NFL DB but with his mouth he was very expendable. They replaced him with Maxwell who is an upgrade that we probably overpaid for but we had to.

4. Bradley Fletcher got beat so many times deep that I would have been excited if we replaced him with a rock.

5. Nate Allen has picked some balls off but anyone that has watched him play knows he is not worth the contract he got.

6. Herremans was a really good lineman for this team for a very long time. Unfortunately, it appears time caught up with him and he became expendable.

7. Trent Cole is one of my all time favorite Eagles but just like Herremans he got old and expendable.

8. Maclin had a really good year. He replaced Djax's production but was not worth the contract he received from KC. I understand why KC overpaid because we did the same thing with Maxwell.

9. Mathis was outward vocal about wanting a better deal or wanting out. It says something when the players come out and talk about being tired of hearing about it.

10. Djax is one of my favorite Eagles. He was fun to watch but is a real Jerk. He was in the second year of his deal and was already talking about guaranteed money. He is a me first kind of guy and does not block. There is no doubt he is the most talented player Kelly let go but sometimes this happens and a coach has to control his locker room.

11. Tebow is competing with Barkley for the 3rd QB spot and if he beats him out he earned a spot of the team. Tebow may be the best 3rd string QB in the league.

I guess I could go on but I would not define the moves as questionable. He just wants his type of players. In the end it is all about production. I believe that we will be able to replace the production of the players we released. Some of the players were replaced with guys who should be more productive.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the mods didn't catch this yet.:noidea:

Why are you surprised? Our mods can't even get foles and shady off of our top banner and it's been 4 months.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy buckets, djm. How can you possibly be the fan of the Eagles, the Athletics, and the Sharks? This is such a travesty of fandom.

Isn't that right, PE1?

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy buckets, djm. How can you possibly be the fan of the Eagles, the Athletics, and the Sharks? This is such a travesty of fandom.

Isn't that right, PE1?

When I was 5 years old my brother had a plater with all team helmets on it (28 at that time). I had to memorize all the teams by their helmets. I really like the Eagles helmet and have been a die hard fan ever since. I was born and raised in the Bay Area so the A's, Sharks, and Warriors are a given. :D I live outside Sacramento now so I also pull for the Kings. :D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have Cowboys fans coming in here, saying stupid Cowboy fan things. It makes the forum more interesting.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 5 years old my brother had a plater with all team helmets on it (28 at that time). I had to memorize all the teams by their helmets. I really like the Eagles helmet and have been a die hard fan ever since. I was born and raised in the Bay Area so the A's, Sharks, and Warriors are a given. :D I live outside Sacramento now so I also pull for the Kings. :D

We thank the Kings for the gift to the Sixers yesterday! :10:

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new for the Kings. I wonder how I will ever get over it? Oh wait. My Warriors won the Champion ship game!!!!!! :D :D :D

Now, if only my Eagles could. :D

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you surprised? Our mods can't even get foles and shady off of our top banner and it's been 4 months.

Thats because Chip is bringing them back before Training Camp in yet his biggest move of his tenure...

Status
Not open for further replies.