• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

chicago bears 2017

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish our schedule wasn't so daunting, as I actually really like our team otherwise...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish our schedule wasn't so daunting, as I actually really like our team otherwise...

First half is brutal. If we can get through that at .500... The second half lightens up in a big way.

I like our team somewhat too. If we get competent QB play and stay healthy for once... we can win some games. I think if Glennon can just manage to play all 16 games, and give us a sense of normalcy at the position. It would be very nice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. I think if Glennon can just manage to play all 16 games, and give us a sense of normalcy at the position. It would be very nice.
That would suck. If Glennon plays all 16 I would be very disappointed and it would set this team back. This year is about building for the future and the rookie QB needs a few games this year to be ready to take over next year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would suck. If Glennon plays all 16 I would be very disappointed and it would set this team back. This year is about building for the future and the rookie QB needs a few games this year to be ready to take over next year.

If Trub doesn't play this season, that means Glennon is doing a good job and we're in playoff contention. So, I'm quite fine with that.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least we will have a secondary this season, havent really had much since we let tillman walk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trub doesn't play this season, that means Glennon is doing a good job and we're in playoff contention. So, I'm quite fine with that.
That would be a good thing but I still want the rook to get some playing time. How could we even entertain a Glennon trade next year if Trubs gets zero reps this year. Even a few QTRs to let him see the game speed and such is real important.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a good thing but I still want the rook to get some playing time. How could we even entertain a Glennon trade next year if Trubs gets zero reps this year. Even a few QTRs to let him see the game speed and such is real important.

Given that experience is the only real tangible knock on Trub. I really am fine with his debut being pushed back by good play from Glennon. Even if we head into next year without him having a start, that's fine. Having two QB's we like will never be something I complain about. I'd rather Trub be over-prepared and itching to get out there. As opposed to him being unsure of himself in any way.

How could we even entertain a Glennon trade next year if Trubs gets zero reps this year.

I mean, that's really not something that should even be thought about at this point. That's so far away from being a realistic thing. Glennon playing good football, is good for the Bears... period. Trubs sitting, even for a couple of years is really not the end of the world and may even be a good thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want and think Glennon will be respectable to pretty decent at QB. But I want elite and Trubs is a better bet. If Glennon plays very well and we get a good trade offer, what do we do? And what can we do ? without ever seeing Trubs in action. It's kinda a catch 22. Odds are Glennon will miss time for one reason or another and Trubs see's a little action.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want and think Glennon will be respectable to pretty decent at QB. But I want elite and Trubs is a better bet. If Glennon plays very well and we get a good trade offer, what do we do? And what can we do ? without ever seeing Trubs in action. It's kinda a catch 22. Odds are Glennon will miss time for one reason or another and Trubs see's a little action.

I want and think Glennon will be respectable to pretty decent at QB. But I want elite and Trubs is a better bet.

I agree, and so does the organization. That's why our GM bet his entire future on him. Glennon playing good has no effect on that, we're pretty clearly all in on Trubisky. When he's ready, he will be our starter.

Odds are Glennon will miss time for one reason or another and Trubs see's a little action.

I agree that odds are always in favor of an injury to your QB being a factor at some point. However, right now, Trubs is our 3rd string QB. Something we also have to remember. We brought in Sanchez to be our backup. This year is entirely dedicated to sitting and learning for Trub. That could change if we're out of it come December. However, if Glennon got hurt tomorrow, Mark Sanchez would be our starting QB to start the pre-season and most likely week 1.

If Glennon plays very well and we get a good trade offer, what do we do? And what can we do ?

Again... it's just so far away from being a realistic scenario. It's a "cross that bridge if we should come to it" situation. However, I don't find it likely that Glennon would carry much in the way of value, should we put him on the block. Once we do so, it's a clear tell that we're no longer committed to him, so it lowers the asking price. He'd have to REALLLLY play well for us to get much for him. It's just not worth thinking about at this time.

Right now, for the betterment of everyone within the organization. It's better for Glennon to play well, and for us to win games. That's really all that matters at the moment. Barring something strange, Trubisky being our QB is still a little ways off.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon will be terrible.
Sanchez will look okay one game then look terrible the next.
Trubisky should be the starter from the get go.

The genius has spoken.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon will be terrible.
Sanchez will look okay one game then look terrible the next.
Trubisky should be the starter from the get go.

The genius has spoken.
You can't be too smart because I think the same thing. Of coarse 8 of 10 Bear fans feel this way and it's heading to 10 of 10 before the preseason is over. Bears fans are smart, well some are FK you.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he is not healing like he wants to, and getting whooped in practice?? Maybe he wants to go to the Dolphins?:noidea: Not a good thing, that's for sure.

ffs

Yeah, he's supposed to be our captain on offense, IMO.

I'm cool with a little scrap in training camp, that's inevitable. However, this seems like a totally different thing. Fighting multiple teammates, in the locker room, during warm-ups, drills, practice... etc... They just told him to go home.

Maybe he wanted to make some kind of statement with the guys, and just went WAY too overboard?

He's a level-headed dude, and I think it'll be fine. It was just an odd story to see on ESPN today, and is obviously counter-productive. They said it'll be handled internally. Hopefully Fox can calm him down. Maybe an older vet like Sitton can put him in his place.