• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charles Woodson

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that you guys re-signed him for another season. Smart move and congrats.

Until I just took a peek, I hadn't realized what a spectacular season he had last year! 113 tackles to go with 4 INTs, at the age of 38? He's like the Jerry Rice of DBs playing that well at that age.

I remember thinking to myself when Green Bay signed him as a FA "Meh, his best years are behind him. They might get a few decent season out of him..." I was just a tad bit wrong there. They got seven outstanding years out of him including a Super Bowl victory and a defensive MVP.

If he gets 71 tackles for you guys this year he hits 1,000 on his career. The 1k mark is a big deal for any defensive player, but for a DB who played corner most of his career, that's insane. His 20 sacks are also nothing to sneeze at. What's more is he's already 11th all time in INTs with an even 60, but two more would tie him for ninth and get him in the top-ten all time. A 6 INT season would put him right at #5 all time, just behind Detroit's Night Train Lane.

Basically, he's on the verge of some historically significant career milestones, and you guys are watching the twilight of a (first ballot) Hall of Fame career. Enjoy the hell out of it, most teams don't have a sure-fire future HOF, and 20 years from now when they're talking about him on the ESPN or whatnot you can remember watching him do it all...

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a solid season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodson is one of the best ever. He will always be a cheesehead in my mind.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can AZ fans keep their retarded posts on one board?

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can AZ fans keep their retarded posts on one board?

I know right

Woods is a 1st rd HOF.

Born here raised here, he is another native son coming home.

Had the Raiders had a real front office, he NEVER would have left here.........................................

period, end of sentence.