• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chad Hall promoted

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Before everyone gets concerned about how this relates to the Crabtree situation, it doesn't.

The league has a rule that once players have spent a certain number (not sure what it is) of weeks on practice squads, they cannot remain on the PS if the team has an open roster spot.
Hall has accrued enough time on PS around the league that this applies to him. He was cut in mid-December for the same reason.

He was added to the 53 man roster because Cundiff was cut. We either had to promote him or release him, and I believe that if we released him, we couldn't bring him back for the Super Bowl.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before everyone gets concerned about how this relates to the Crabtree situation, it doesn't.

The league has a rule that once players have spent a certain number (not sure what it is) of weeks on practice squads, they cannot remain on the PS if the team has an open roster spot.
Hall has accrued enough time on PS around the league that this applies to him. He was cut in mid-December for the same reason.

He was added to the 53 man roster because Cundiff was cut. We either had to promote him or release him, and I believe that if we released him, we couldn't bring him back for the Super Bowl.

Good to know, but was he in the game?

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know, but was he in the game?

He was in for that one 3rd down that got tipped, but Hall still had chance to catch it.

Does this say anything about Jenkins?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins must really really suck. They played him today instead of AJ

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im finally starting to worry that that may be the case. I'm still waiting till next year to label him a bust, but it looks like they aren't all that impressed or confident in him.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im finally starting to worry that that may be the case. I'm still waiting till next year to label him a bust, but it looks like they aren't all that impressed or confident in him.

I think it speaks volumes that we suited up and played a 5'8" practice squad nobody over our 1st round pick. There were several players I wanted over AJ such as Stephen Hill and Jenoris Jenkins.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that being said, Baalke has hit on more than he's missed. Not a good thing but no one's perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, unfortunately it says a lot. I'm not going to write him off, but it isn't looking very good at all. Although he still hasn't got a serious look on sundays, you know? But that is a pretty serious red flag

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that he got PT over Jenkins. Damn AJ.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would not be surprised at all if they cut him next year. Its kind of amazing just how bad he must be with our injuries at the receiving position and yet he still cant make one play.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised at all if they cut him next year. Its kind of amazing just how bad he must be with our injuries at the receiving position and yet he still cant make one play.

Agreed. I got jumped on and accused of being a Janoris love because I listed him as one of the guys that we should have taken over AJ (along with Stephen Hill) but it has more to do with just how bad Jenkins is than anything else. If we could do the draft over again I'd probably still want Stephen HIll.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am getting really worried about how bad Jenkins is, they played Hall over him. I was so disappointed in that pick. I wanted Stephen hill but I havnt been to worried about him and his ability or lack of ability till today. Only him and Alex smith were only 49ers not to play atleast 1 snap today

GhostRidahz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@espn_nfcwest
Re: espn.go.com/community/twitter/...
RT @mattbarrows: Note: A.J. Jenkins and Alex Smith were the only 49ers who did not set foot in today's game. Repeat: Chad Hall played,

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a waste.

And the thing is you don't hear him commiting himself to work out hard. I haven't read one article that has said he has a good work ethic.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow what a waste.

And the thing is you don't hear him commiting himself to work out hard. I haven't read one article that has said he has a good work ethic.

I think one of the pros of him coming out of college was he had a good work ethic.

It's disappointing but way too early too write him off right now. A good year of NFL offseason conditioning and a firmer grasp of the offense could do wonders for him.

Though if he busts I'll still let Baalke slide since he's hit way more then he's missed and not all of them wind up all pros.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins is making me look bad. I liked the pick.

But I'm still holding out hope.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jenkins is making me look bad. I liked the pick.

But I'm still holding out hope.

C'mon Clyde, be honest now. I know you were high on him pre draft day, but did you really give him a first round grade coming out? We were talking about him as a mid 3rd round pick. He then went in the combines and blew it up it (not really but he stood out). When we made that pick there wasn't no part of you that said that was a so-so pick (somewhat of a reach)?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man I am getting really worried about how bad Jenkins is, they played Hall over him. I was so disappointed in that pick. I wanted Stephen hill but I havnt been to worried about him and his ability or lack of ability till today. Only him and Alex smith were only 49ers not to play atleast 1 snap today

LaMichael James has shown that lack of playing time isn't an indication that A.J Jenkins lacks the ability to play WR. I feel like this is more of the 49ers 'humbling' the rookie than it is a talent issue.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the pros of him coming out of college was he had a good work ethic.

It's disappointing but way too early too write him off right now. A good year of NFL offseason conditioning and a firmer grasp of the offense could do wonders for him.

Though if he busts I'll still let Baalke slide since he's hit way more then he's missed and not all of them wind up all pros.

Im still not giving up on him yet. Just hasnt looked good as of now.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Hall got PT AND a target thrown to him over Jenkins....

wtf.... Should've been Stephen Hill....