• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFP Predictions

What four teams will make the College Football Playoff?

• Georgia

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • Iowa

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Alabama

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Penn State

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Oregon

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Michigan State

• Oklahoma State

• Ole Miss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone Else

• Potato Salad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a one loss PAC 12 champ makes it. Two PAC 12 teams are near the very bottom of all the FBS teams. Oregon has played both and barely beat Cal. Will Oregon face a ranked team the rest of the season? Oregon beat the Buckeyes, but lost to a 3-4 Stanford team. I am not saying Cincy should 100% be in it, but Oregon shouldn't either.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially I had
Ga
Cincy
Ok
OSU
But I think there is a higher likelihood of Oklahoma loosing and Bama winning out. This scenario, this set of four...this is it.
I think OU is walking on thin ice. They don't look good, barely winning. They've been dominant in 2 of 8 games. I think they could easily lose to Iowa St. or Okie St. if they don't get their shit together.

right now my 4 and the order.........

GA
OSU
Cincy
OU

Adamt

Tank
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully agree.

However, in the SEC CCG, if one of those two get blown out, they shouldn't be in, imho....... if its a close win by either, I could see them both being in.
So you think a 2 loss Bama would get in before the one loss teams out there? I can see both getting in if Bama barely beats uga but I can't see Bama getting in losing to uga no matter what the score is.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think a 2 loss Bama would get in before the one loss teams out there? I can see both getting in if Bama barely beats uga but I can't see Bama getting in losing to uga no matter what the score is.
If GA loses, damn good chance they both are in.

If Bama loses by 1-3 pts........ neck an neck the entire game, I think yes, its possible. And yes, I'm basing that on bama's monumental special treatment they get over everything.............. Case in point, lose to an unranked team, and only drop a few spots. Total bullshit. they should've dropped to 10-12......... double standard...........

OSU lost to the #12 team, and dropped to 9, then fell 1 spot each of the following two weeks after winning comfortably..........

It can be hard to climb back up, not easy.

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially I had
Ga
Cincy
Ok
OSU
But I think there is a higher likelihood of Oklahoma loosing and Bama winning out. This scenario, this set of four...this is it.
I think OU is walking on thin ice. They don't look good, barely winning. They've been dominant in 2 of 8 games. I think they could easily lose to Iowa St. or Okie St. if they don't get their shit together.

right now my 4 and the order.........

GA
OSU
Cincy
OU
No surprise 2 OSU homers are so fixated on OU.
So let’s say OU wins out and the GA vs AL plays out then OSU is out of the CFP again. I don’t see this happening the 4 that make it will be GA AL OSU OU.

Based on that
GA vs OSU
AL vs OU

Then we can talk

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise 2 OSU homers are so fixated on OU.
So let’s say OU wins out and the GA vs AL plays out then OSU is out of the CFP again. I don’t see this happening the 4 that make it will be GA AL OSU OU.

Based on that
GA vs OSU
AL vs OU

Then we can talk
OU's not looking incredibly strong, let them actually win ALL their games first, then it can be talked about. tOSU has to also beat 4 quality opponents first.

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU's not looking incredibly strong, let them actually win ALL their games first, then it can be talked about. tOSU has to also beat 4 quality opponents first.
You mean by the. They will play 4 quality teams. Only ranked team you have played so far they lost and then that team lost to an untangled team

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean by the. They will play 4 quality teams. Only ranked team you have played so far they lost and then that team lost to an untangled team
Not saying Ohio State "has" looked awesome against top notch opponents, just that they'll get the opportunity to.

Okiehomo hasn't looked great so far. Undefeated? Sure, but just barely. If they maintain their undefeated status, all will be fine, they should be a shoe in for the cfp. But if they keep just barely beating non-cfp teams, how are they going to fare vs the Bamas and Georgias and OSUs of the cfb world?

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Ohio State "has" looked awesome against top notch opponents, just that they'll get the opportunity to.

Okiehomo hasn't looked great so far. Undefeated? Sure, but just barely. If they maintain their undefeated status, all will be fine, they should be a shoe in for the cfp. But if they keep just barely beating non-cfp teams, how are they going to fare vs the Bamas and Georgias and OSUs of the cfb world?
Oh it drives me nuts OU has yet to play to thier potential. Fully understandable. If they win out and have get the conf champ. They are a lock no matter. OSU is playing good. Like I said those are the 4 teams that are relevant.

Ol School

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgs
Buckeyes
Bearcats
Bama
And yes that means Bama will have to beat the Dawgs to get there. Still believe Dawgs cut down the nets though. Bama won't beat them twice

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If GA loses, damn good chance they both are in.

If Bama loses by 1-3 pts........ neck an neck the entire game, I think yes, its possible. And yes, I'm basing that on bama's monumental special treatment they get over everything.............. Case in point, lose to an unranked team, and only drop a few spots. Total bullshit. they should've dropped to 10-12......... double standard...........

OSU lost to the #12 team, and dropped to 9, then fell 1 spot each of the following two weeks after winning comfortably..........

It can be hard to climb back up, not easy.
Your boys are not doing well again against a good defense

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Its becoming alot clearer.

October 31st update:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan State
3. Oklahoma
4. Wake Forest

Outside looking in: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Alabama

RoosterSideburns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit. I didn’t see potatoe salad until after I had voted

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ranked?
Irrelevant. An undefeated P5 wont get left out. Just the way it is.

Do I think Ohio State, Cincinnati, and Alabama are better? Absolutely. But this is the formula we currently have.

The only team that should be crying is Cincinnati. They're not a P5 yet. Victim of circumstances.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant. An undefeated P5 wont get left out. Just the way it is.

Do I think Ohio State, Cincinnati, and Alabama are better? Absolutely. But this is the formula we currently have.

The only team that should be crying is Cincinnati. They're not a P5 yet. Victim of circumstances.
A P5 team with 3 top 25 wins and a single loss will have an argument with some lame ass undefeated team with ZERO Top 25 wi s but who is undefeated.