• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFP Championship Game

Who will win the Championship?

• Georgia

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Alabama

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Georgia is fine because they got a rematch on a neutral field....but if we beat 3 of the 4 teams that beat Auburn we are illegitimate...got it. Just wanted to pin down your logic bubble...such that it is.
You are illegitimate because you weren't good enough to win your conference. How can a team not be good enough to win their own conference but be a national champion?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are illegitimate because you weren't good enough to win your conference. How can a team not be good enough to win their own conference but be a national champion?

What we didn't do was win our conference championship game. Rest assured if we beat Georgia, I am not going to let any Georgia fan say they are the best team in the SEC.

How many times has a team not won their conference championship and won the NCAA Tournament in basketball...are they all illegitimate too?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby has to win by out Sabaning, Saban. If they pull it off it will be something like 10-6

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby has to win by out Sabaning, Saban. If they pull it off it will be something like 10-6
I like this phrase...it's pretty catchy. I may start using it myself.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we didn't do was win our conference championship game. Rest assured if we beat Georgia, I am not going to let any Georgia fan say they are the best team in the SEC.

How many times has a team not won their conference championship and won the NCAA Tournament in basketball...are they all illegitimate too?

Not going to argue the legitimacy of this championship or not. Bama and Georgia earned it with the current system we have, which isn't all that bad.

Using the arguement of comparing the NCAA tourney to the CFP is kind of silly though

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AKA -- you didn't win your conference. In the case of college basketball, the whole system is different -- so no.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. That's what I'm afraid of. But like was said earlier in the thread, if any Saban assistant can beat him and figure him out, it's Kirby Smart! The halftime adjustments he made at halftime of the Rose Bowl were great.

The adjustments on defense were tremendous at halftime. I was very impressed.