• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: cfb semi clempsun vs da ohio 8pm espn

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is 6-2 with all six wins over ranked teams.

The split is ranked BIG vs basically bottom dwellers this year. The SEC loss was a team that had a new coach and was third in their division playing a team that played for the conference championship so essentially the second best BIG team

The win was a 4-5 team down several starters over a team ranked 11th. Neither of the SEC teams were ranked. Both BIG teams were.

Guess we know who is overrated now don't we?
A lot of excuses for the guy who doesn't like excuses.....2 SEC wins are against G5 opponents who beat no P5 teams. so there's that. Backed out of a couple likely losses by Missouri and Arkie.

FYI, 3-1 the same % as 6-2. Need help with the math if you care to check just ask.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF does ND having to go 2 overtimes to beat Clemson who had a back-up QB have to do with this.

Good teams adapt and overcome.

You keep squawking about a ranked team with a 4 star undefeated QB playing a 4-5 team with several starters out including the three starting receivers responsible for 67% of the season production. Not counting starting running back and rusher among others. It is a lot easier for a 4 star to throw to starting receivers than a QB who has to throw to back ups and red shirts while also having a back-up running back.

Indiana sure better be glad the punching bag was not anywhere near full strength.
OK...but how good is ND as far as adapting and overcoming against full strength Bama and Clemson?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn a ranked team with a 4 star QB gets beat by a team with such a bad record that they normally would not qualify for a bowl game and all you want to talk about is Clemson. How about you quit trying to deflect a simple fact that a walking wounded cellar dweller beat one of the Bigs supposedly best.
and good for Ole Miss. But teams who are not considered elite (like IU) don't often have stud backup QBs if lucky enough to have a good starter.

SEC and BIG played to a draw (so far) in head to head and overall bowl winning %. Facts.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even mad Indiana lost. Their coach was a total douche about the BIG title game.

So OSU could have taken a forfeit against Illinois and been in the BIG title game but hey....let's give it to the team osu beat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn a ranked team with a 4 star QB gets beat by a team with such a bad record that they normally would not qualify for a bowl game and all you want to talk about is Clemson. How about you quit trying to deflect a simple fact that a walking wounded cellar dweller beat one of the Bigs supposedly best.

I mentioned Clemson because it was an example of how a team can struggle when they don't have their starting QB. It's hilarious you couldn't figure that out yourself. You mentioned deflection. That's exactly what you did by bringing wr's & rb's when I was clearly talking about QB's and no other position.

But keep moving those goal posts and continue to ignore what I was really talking about. If you can't figure out what I'm talking about just read the first sentence of my comment again. Also nobody in their right mind has ever called the Indiana football program one of the BigTen's best. Well until now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even mad Indiana lost. Their coach was a total douche about the BIG title game.

So OSU could have taken a forfeit against Illinois and been in the BIG title game but hey....let's give it to the team osu beat
And OSU still had a decent shot to get in CFP if they beat whoever they played in BIG championship week over IU.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned Clemson because it was an example of how a team can struggle when they don't have their starting QB. It's hilarious you couldn't figure that out yourself. You mentioned deflection. That's exactly what you did by bringing wr's & rb's when I was clearly talking about QB's and no other position.

But keep moving those goal posts and continue to ignore what I was really talking about. If you can't figure out what I'm talking about just read the first sentence of my comment again. Also nobody in their right mind has ever called the Indiana football program one of the BigTen's best. Well until now.

Hes got them pointed in the right direction at least. Love their defensive scheme. If they get the athletes to run it watch out

(Until their DC gets a HC job lol)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes got them pointed in the right direction at least. Love their defensive scheme. If they get the athletes to run it watch out

(Until their DC gets a HC job lol)

The question for all IU fans will be if Allen keeps having success would he stick around or take a better job? It's not like the Hoosiers are known for sustained football success.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question for all IU fans will be if Allen keeps having success would he stick around or take a better job? It's not like the Hoosiers are known for sustained football success.

Good point

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn dude no one is moving goal posts. Your excuse for the Indiana loss was they lost the starting QB and I replied that the back up was a 4 star. Just in case you do not understand what a 4 star is this from Rivals may help.

6.0-5.8 — 4-star/All American Candidate: considered one of the next-tier elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation’s top 300-325 prospects overall, a national All American candidate and a player deemed to have first to third round NFL potential.

So an 11th ranked one loss team with a top elite ranked QB loses to a sub 500 team full of walking wounded who is also missing several starters. What part of football is a team game do you not understand?

Clemson damn near won with a back up QB but I guarantee you they were not missing their top three receivers. starting RB and top pass rusher.

Ole Miss was and still beat a top ranked team with a four star QB. In fact four of the SEC teams that beat ranked teams were not only unranked but sub 500 and ya'll call the SEC over rated. GTFO I am through with you and the rest of the delusional Bucknuts. Which happily is not all of them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude no one is moving goal posts. Your excuse for the Indiana loss was they lost the starting QB and I replied that the back up was a 4 star. Just in case you do not understand what a 4 star is this from Rivals may help.

6.0-5.8 — 4-star/All American Candidate: considered one of the next-tier elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation’s top 300-325 prospects overall, a national All American candidate and a player deemed to have first to third round NFL potential.

So an 11th ranked one loss team with a top elite ranked QB loses to a sub 500 team full of walking wounded who is also missing several starters. What part of football is a team game do you not understand?

Clemson damn near won with a back up QB but I guarantee you they were not missing their top three receivers. starting RB and top pass rusher.

Ole Miss was and still beat a top ranked team with a four star QB. In fact four of the SEC teams that beat ranked teams were not only unranked but sub 500 and ya'll call the SEC over rated. GTFO I am through with you and the rest of the delusional Bucknuts. Which happily is not all of them.

"Clemson damn near won with a back up QB"

So you think the Clemson and IU football programs are on the same tier? Hilarious. IU doesn't have the football players Clemson has. You wanna compare Clemson (an elite program) to Indiana (not an elite program). When's the last time you think IU had a higher recruiting class than Clemson? Here's another question. When do you think an IU recruiting class was comparable to Clemson's in any year? You call me delusional yet you're acting like both programs are national powerhouses when only one of them are.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did @Bullitt08 stop being a Maryland fan and jump on the bama bandwagon?
Well they do have good crab cakes in Maryland but the CFB is currently a little lacking.

Alabama grad. 1982. Got to watch Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant's last season. Was and am still friends with the starting LB on that team.