• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: cfb semi clempsun vs da ohio 8pm espn

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is a slot guy. I could even see him changing to FS which he's done some

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson has the best player in the game and that is the big equalizer
Except when your defense is completely unprepared and guys are hoping someone else will make the tackle

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olave playing tonight. That's huge for Ohio State

But not having Teague is really going to hurt. That sets up the passing game

Welp.. Clearly I was wrong about not having Teague having any effect on Ohio State.

Olave certainly helped a lot thought.. So I got half right! SO there's that

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you dismissed the notion NW and Indiana might just be better than some of the overrated SEC teams not named Bama.
Oh are you talking about the Indiana team that just got beat by a 5-5 SEC bottom dweller?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh are you talking about the Indiana team that just got beat by a 5-5 SEC bottom dweller?

Nope he's talking about the IU team that lost their starting QB. The Hoosiers were a different, and better, team when Michael Penix Jr. was healthy. They didn't have their starting QB for the bowl game.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am.....the IU that was undefeated (other than OSU loss) with their #1 QB but struggled in the few games without. OSU played them with the #1 QB if you didn't know.
And they got beat by a then 4-5 team that the SEC used as a punching bag. Are you saying that the 11th ranked team did not have a back up QB? Apparently from what you posted they were able to win in the big with a back-up but lost to a bottom dweller. Sure sounds like the overrated conference is not the SEC.

Also you want to bring up the last time the Buckeyes played Alabama but kinda overlook in the total series ya'll are 1-4.

Last edited:

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope he's talking about the IU team that lost their starting QB. The Hoosiers were a different, and better, team when Michael Penix Jr. was healthy. They didn't have their starting QB for the bowl game.
More excuses. Were they so damn bad that they did not have a backup QB? They still got beat while ranked 11 by a 4-5 team that the SEC used as a punching bag.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More excuses. Were they so damn bad that they did not have a backup QB? They still got beat while ranked 11 by a 4-5 team that the SEC used as a punching bag.

So mentioning that IU lost their starting QB is an excuse? Gotta disagree. Now before you take what I'm gonna say outta context understand in no way am I comparing these two programs.

Clemson lost a game this year when their starting QB was out. So tell me again how losing a starting QB shouldn't matter.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So mentioning that IU lost their starting QB is an excuse? Gotta disagree. Now before you take what I'm gonna say outta context understand in no way am I comparing these two programs.

Clemson lost a game this year when their starting QB was out. So tell me again how losing a starting QB shouldn't matter.
Give me a fucking break. To quote

As it turned out, this was just another dramatic twist in “Tuttle Time,” as the former four-star recruit, a transfer from Utah who patiently waited for his moment as a starter, made a grand return to IU’s sideline.

The back up was a 4 repeat FOUR STAR transfer from Utah.

Now let's talk about Ole Miss. They were missing the top running back, three top receivers, top rusher and many more. How important? To quote

Leading receiver Elijah Moore opted out before the LSU game. So did tight end Kenny Yeboah. Moore, Sanders and Yeboah accounted for 67% of the Rebels' receiving yards this season.

So Ole Miss, who was a SEC punching bag with them, was missing two thirds of the season production at wide receiver and you 10 posters are complaining Indiana had to start a 4 star who was undefeated as a starter.

Come on don't try and piss down my neck and tell me it is raining.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they got beat by a then 4-5 team that the SEC used as a punching bag. Are you saying that the 11th ranked team did not have a back up QB? Apparently from what you posted they were able to win in the big with a back-up but lost to a bottom dweller. Sure sounds like the overrated conference is not the SEC.

Also you want to bring up the last time the Buckeyes played Alabama but kinda overlook in the total series ya'll are 1-4.
Not a QB on par with their starter who's pretty good. You know, like a lot of CFB teams.

BIG and SEC are tied head to head, aren't they? and since most think the SEC is superior, that would make the SEC more overrated than the BIG.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As it turned out, this was just another dramatic twist in “Tuttle Time,” as the former four-star recruit, a transfer from Utah who patiently waited for his moment as a starter, made a grand return to IU’s sideline.

Now let's talk about Ole Miss. They were missing the top running back, three top receivers, top rusher and many more. How important? To quote

Leading receiver Elijah Moore opted out before the LSU game. So did tight end Kenny Yeboah. Moore, Sanders and Yeboah accounted for 67% of the Rebels' receiving yards this season.

So Ole Miss, who was a SEC punching bag with them, was missing two thirds of the season production at wide receiver and you 10 posters are complaining Indiana had to start a 4 star who was undefeated as a starter.

wont piss on you but can I remind you BIG and SEC split their games this bowl season as of now?

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wont piss on you but can I remind you BIG and SEC split their games this bowl season as of now?
The SEC is 6-2 with all six wins over ranked teams.

The split is ranked BIG vs basically bottom dwellers this year. The SEC loss was a team that had a new coach and was third in their division playing a team that played for the conference championship so essentially the second best BIG team

The win was a 4-5 team down several starters over a team ranked 11th. Neither of the SEC teams were ranked. Both BIG teams were.

Guess we know who is overrated now don't we?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like how both examples you listed were teams that didn't lose their starting QB. You won't even acknowledge Clemson's loss to N.D. when they didn't have their starting QB. It's never good when a team (college or pro) loses their starting QB.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how both examples you listed were teams that didn't lose their starting QB. You won't even acknowledge Clemson's loss to N.D. when they didn't have their starting QB. It's never good when a team (college or pro) lose their starting QB.
WTF does ND having to go 2 overtimes to beat Clemson who had a back-up QB have to do with this.

Good teams adapt and overcome.

You keep squawking about a ranked team with a 4 star undefeated QB playing a 4-5 team with several starters out including the three starting receivers responsible for 67% of the season production. Not counting starting running back and rusher among others. It is a lot easier for a 4 star to throw to starting receivers than a QB who has to throw to back ups and red shirts while also having a back-up running back.

Indiana sure better be glad the punching bag was not anywhere near full strength.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF does ND having to go 2 overtimes to beat Clemson who had a back-up QB have to do with this.

Good teams adapt and overcome.

You keep squawking about a ranked team with a 4 star undefeated QB playing a 4-5 team with several starters out including the three starting receivers responsible for 67% of the season production. Not counting starting running back and rusher among others. It is a lot easier for a 4 star to throw to starting receivers than a QB who has to throw to back ups and red shirts while also having a back-up running back.

Indiana sure better be glad the punching bag was not anywhere near full strength.

:pound:

I mentioned Clemson because N.D. wouldn't have beaten them if they had their starting QB. I'm only talking about how it's not good when a team loses their starting QB. But you'd rather talk about wr's & rb's.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

I mentioned Clemson because N.D. wouldn't have beaten them if they had their starting QB. I'm only talking about how it's not good when a team loses their starting QB. But you'd rather talk about wr's & rb's.
Damn a ranked team with a 4 star QB gets beat by a team with such a bad record that they normally would not qualify for a bowl game and all you want to talk about is Clemson. How about you quit trying to deflect a simple fact that a walking wounded cellar dweller beat one of the Bigs supposedly best.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference arguments:

"Here's my cherry picked game why our Conference is better"

"Oh really??, here's my cherry picked argument why our Conference is better"

Blah

Both osu and Bama are clearly the best teams in their conferences. Best have beaten the best the ACC have to offer. Handedly. We shall see who the better team is next Monday. But I can definitely tell you what happened with auburn or Indiana won't make a difference.