• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cesepedes Signs with Jay Z

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN - Yoenis Cespedes signs with Jay Z's ROC Nation Sports.

Yeah - I'm thinking he is going to try to get paid!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#### Cesspooldes

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broke your heart cezero? lol

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broke your heart cezero? lol

well, he's with Cano's agent now, and they're a pretty small group.

cesspooldes is a punk, but i wouldn't mind seeing him on my team.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, he's with Cano's agent now, and they're a pretty small group.

cesspooldes is a punk, but i wouldn't mind seeing him on my team.

Which raises the question: do M's fans really want to overpay for a guy who's been a pretty average hitter the past couple years by corner outfielder standards? At the minimum, I think he'd want Hunter Pence money, despite not being nearly as good.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which raises the question: do M's fans really want to overpay for a guy who's been a pretty average hitter the past couple years by corner outfielder standards? At the minimum, I think he'd want Hunter Pence money, despite not being nearly as good.

we have literally 0 right-handed bats, and if we could get a decent one that is a true outfielder (right now we have ackley, a converted 2B in LF, and he's not even our worst outfielder), that's even better.

the only way the m's can get free agents to come to safeco is to overpay them. it's why i'd rather get it done through trades, but Jack Z would just get raped.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worth the money he'll ask for, that's for sure. He's overrated because of the home run derby. Good player to have if you need pop, but that's about it.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worth the money he'll ask for, that's for sure. He's overrated because of the home run derby. Good player to have if you need pop, but that's about it.
He is a good defender as well. I agree he's a bit overrated though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The M's seem to be wanting to finally spend money now.

Yes he is overrated though. I hope the Red Sox can work out a decent deal and keep him however.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he may be more valuable to Boston as trade bait. He'll make $10.5 in 2015, then hit the FA market next winter. Teams could try him out for a year before commiting to a TLD...

Boston needs pitching - and will explore every trade possibility.

With Cespedes, Bradley, Castillo, Victorino, Nava, & Craig (not to mention Betts showing promise - and Brentz in the wings), they can afford to shop OF. They can offer Cespedes to the teams that need a RH Slugger.

They will also be dangling Bradley & Betts. (But, I honestly don't think anyone is off the block, so anything could happen)....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he may be more valuable to Boston as trade bait. He'll make $10.5 in 2015, then hit the FA market next winter. Teams could try him out for a year before commiting to a TLD...

With Cespedes, Bradley, Castillo, Victorino, Nava, & Craig (not to mention Betts showing promise - and Brentz in the wings), they can afford to shop OF. They can offer Cespedes to the teams that need a RH Slugger.

They will also be dangling Bradley & Betts. (But, I honestly don't think anyone is off the block, so anything could happen)....

Betts would possibly get someone but no one is taking Bradley imo. Honestly I forgot about Shane (but can he remain healthy and produce?) so yeah the Sox could use him as trade bait to get pitching which you are correct they DO need!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't trade Betts.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betts would possibly get someone but no one is taking Bradley imo. Honestly I forgot about Shane (but can he remain healthy and produce?) so yeah the Sox could use him as trade bait to get pitching which you are correct they DO need!

I wouldn't trade Betts.

This is why Cherington is paid the big bucks. Right now, Bradley's value is at it's lowest - and Bett's might be at it highest. If you had to trade one, who do you pick??

I'm just gonna sit back and watch...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Cherington is paid the big bucks. Right now, Bradley's value is at it's lowest - and Bett's might be at it highest. If you had to trade one, who do you pick??

I'm just gonna sit back and watch...

Bett's.... Which I am hoping they do not do... But should get something for him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Sandy Alderson and the Mets are gonna be in on the negotiations for him?
We also have some nice trade chips to work out a deal........just sayin'

But is he willing to open up his wallet?