• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics Made the Right Move with KG & Pierce

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtic Laker banter I hope will never get old. The NBA should rig it so you guys suck and are awesome at the same time. I will root for the team that has more of my favorite players on it with a tendency towards Boston but you guys are great for the game, on and off the court.

Bill Russell GOAT!!!!! Kareem a close #2 and after that...who?

Those guys bitched and whined so much when Perkins choked - it was funny, so it's always fun to needle the hell out of them:laugh3:

Seriously though - the Lakers won two championships and when they failed to win more, the management started making trades. The Celtics won their first and last championship in 2008, then came back in 2010 and choked, err I mean lost. When you consider that was 3 years going on 4 and also consider that that ship has sailed - trades are in order

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys bitched and whined so much when Perkins choked - it was funny, so it's always fun to needle the hell out of them:laugh3:

Seriously though - the Lakers won two championships and when they failed to win more, the management started making trades. The Celtics won their first and last championship in 2008, then came back in 2010 and choked, err I mean lost. When you consider that was 3 years going on 4 and also consider that that ship has sailed - trades are in order

Trades for publicity's sake are never in order. Ainge knows that which has to be why he rejected so many offers from other teams during some not-so-hot years.

Drafting smarter than the competition is ALWAYS in order whatever other teams offer you. Danny has always been good at that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how there ever could have been any doubt this was a good deal for BeanTown. You guys fleeced franchises with KG, coming and going.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Bronco, I have lost my ability to like posts (I assume there is a limit) but your post is liked.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades for publicity's sake are never in order. Ainge knows that which has to be why he rejected so many offers from other teams during some not-so-hot years.

Drafting smarter than the competition is ALWAYS in order whatever other teams offer you. Danny has always been good at that.

They didn't trade Pierce and KG for publicity - they traded because they knew they couldn't win another championship with them - especially with Perkins and Allen gone. Thats the reason that multiple championships are hard to win by the way - it's tough to keep the same team intact.

Even the Lakers will most likely be sending Pau Gasol packing this summer at the latest and if they could get a first round draft pick for the guy - I would do and tank the rest of the season. Then with two first round draft picks, the Lakers will be in great shape to sign players and get strategic players in what is expected to be a rich draft

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, I gotta say, you have been making real sense on LA and Celtics rebuilds. I think if they can get a low round 1 for Pau thats a major coo.